Legoman

New Zealand: "Where to find Lego"

It's worth noting that Warehouse sales compound with their clearances, making some good deals sometimes.

I don't suppose anyone has seen the Opera House here yet?

I think I saw the Sydney opera House at toy world Wellington today

And judging by the fact that they are starting to pop up on TM, i'd say they have started to appear on shelves around the country.

It could be that the ones showing up online are from people who acquired one from across the pond in Australia somehow on discount.

Yes, I was over in Oz recently and picked up a couple while I was there. Managed to claim the tax back on the way out so chucked them up on trademe.

Has anyone got any tips for purchasing a 10188 Death Star? Offshore prices are tempting, but shipping and customs charges could make importing it pointless. Is it best to wait for a deal from the local stores? Cheers

Cheapest way I've found is to find someone going across who can bring it back for you - I could possibly help - PM me if you want to chat about it.

That will save you shipping but you'll still have to pay customs on it.

You can bring in goods up to the value of $700 and they will be tax free.

The personal goods concession of $700 is subject to rules:

• They accompany you through Customs.

• They are for your personal use, or are intended as gifts.

• They are not for sale or exchange.

• They are not for use in your business or profession.

• They are not imported for other persons at their request.

Someone on facebook buy sell page for wellington just sold a vw camper for $100.00. Someone does not know the true value of lego or needed

a "quick sale".They also had the technic flat deck tow truck for sale for 80.00. I'm hoping the dont know the true value of lego not just trying to make a quick buck

Someone on facebook buy sell page for wellington just sold a vw camper for $100.00. Someone does not know the true value of lego or needed

a "quick sale".They also had the technic flat deck tow truck for sale for 80.00. I'm hoping the dont know the true value of lego not just trying to make a quick buck

Maybe they're just being nice and giving someone a bargain? Not everyone is a hard core reseller.

I was just in Toyworld Tower Junction and they have a couple of "The Boss" 41999 Crawler in stock. I was all ready to buy one until I noticed that they wanted $500 for it. The girl said the price was set by someone else who I assume to be the manager/owner so I passed on it.

Went into the new Toyworld in Tauranga today. Looked like they were still putting things out, but the store was nicely laid out, bright and easy to move around. Lego collection was pretty standard, but good to see a few of the bigger sets such as the Opera House, Red 5, and Mini Modulars, as well as the Architecture sets. They were having opening specials of 20% off all Lego.

Its just great to have a TW back in town! For you other BoP folk, its in the old Post Shop / Paper Plus site at Fraser Cove.

I've been out of the loop wrt Lego for a while now; can anyone recommend a good place (read price) to get a 10240 X-Wing? Amazon via YouShop seems reasonable (~$235 NZD + shipping).

Can't say I've ever used Youshop - would postage be much?

Toyworld could be having 20% off this weekend, which would bring it down to $320 up front. Exclusives are usually a bit harder to get at a good discount, at least in the first year.

Edited by Legoman

I vaguely recall reading something about Amazon not sending Lego to reshippers anymore. Worth a crack though. Let us know if it works.

It seems IQ toys have got some shipments of Lego in and the majority is at about 20% off - including a nice range of exclusives. They have several Modulars, the UCS X-wing, Arkham, and the Sydney Opera house at 20% off.

I have reason to believe that toyworld is having 20% off storewide this weekend so think I'll be getting my Opera house there, unless they bump the price up or take it off the shelf, in which case IQ toys it will be!

It seems Toyco doesn't include their exclusives in their sales so much anymore so they've lost my business on this one (A real shame they didn't have them in stock when it was 25 or 30% off!).

Is anyone here interested in the Architecture range? One of my customers asked me to bring in the Imperial Hotel and I brought in 2 (Planning one for myself) but I'm having a hard time justifying opening it. If anyone is interested (Buying or potentially trade) give me a yell. Still new and sealed. You can't get this one in NZ (Or at least I've never seen it here if it is) :classic:

Thanks for the tip offs, unfortunately it was out of luck; my local Toy World was out of 42009, and while they did have an Opera house it was an empty box (I have a rule about not buying items that have been opened even to just store the contents out back; a personal pref).

Looks like I'll be holding out for IQToys for the Opera House, and perhaps will get the 42009 from TLG while they have double vip points. (I've bought from IQToys once before and was pretty happy with the experience)

Edited by Alternator