KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

I really love this ship, even though I thought it would be a ship rather than a playset, but I still love it. Also, that blond bearded guy has a new, dark colored blond hair. So now with the endor base AND the star cruiser, all we now is the Emperors throne room, and we have the entire last half of episode six :tongue: . I hope the Millenium Falcon comes with Luke, or we will have no Luke in 2009 :cry_sad: , and we really need one with Han solo, the new Leia, Admiral Ackbar, and Lando.

Out in the new Toy Fare April 2009 magazine has a pic of the New up coming SW Lego "Mon Calamari Star Cruiser LEGO set" (no # yet) The set come with a new Lando, Admiral Ackbar, A-Wing Pilot, Calamari mechanic, Mon Mothma, Crix Madine, 6 New mini figs in all. This set was the one of the winners in the Lego SW Lego Fan 2008 poll. Enjoy!!! Can't wait till July / Aug.....

The only thing I really have to say about the new set is that it's a trap.

-Omi

I really love this ship, even though I thought it would be a ship rather than a playset, but I still love it. Also, that blond bearded guy has a new, dark colored blond hair. So now with the endor base AND the star cruiser, all we now is the Emperors throne room, and we have the entire last half of episode six :tongue: . I hope the Millenium Falcon comes with Luke, or we will have no Luke in 2009 :cry_sad: , and we really need one with Han solo, the new Leia, Admiral Ackbar, and Lando

I don't know but have you seen the Death Star set

I love my life. That mon calamari is butiful. I was thinking it wouldnt be to good but its awsome.

The hangar looks great. Good fig selection too. To whoever it was I told Crix Madine wouldn't be in the set, I stand corrected. :blush: Those technic pieces look like a possibility for expansion in the future. :wink: I'm hoping for a price point on par with the Endor Base. While this set definitely has less of everything, you have to take into account the fact that they are all new figures and two have new head molds. Don't expect it to be cheap.

I don't know but have you seen the Death Star set

The death star came out in 2008, and I'm talking about 2009. Plus its $400, and I want a new luke in a slightly more affordable set :laugh:

The death star came out in 2008, and I'm talking about 2009. Plus its $400, and I want a new luke in a slightly more affordable set :laugh:

So do I, but I doubt you'll get one. It would make sense to have him in the hoth or Mon Cal set, but he's not. And the MF is more likely to be an endor version as we've never had one. Perhaps in 2010. :sceptic:

I hope Ackbar's head is made of similar material to Plo Koon.

But if it was standard lego brick plastic, that would be alright too! :tongue:

I hope Ackbar's head is made of similar material to Plo Koon.

But if it was standard lego brick plastic, that would be alright too! :tongue:

Yeah the new ackbar head is cool but is it just me or does he have a more detailed head than most "big head" figures?

Yeah the new ackbar head is cool but is it just me or does he have a more detailed head than most "big head" figures?

I'm not sure, but more details always a good thing. :wink:

Look at the new Space Police figures. They have amazing detail on the new heads. :oh3:

We ( I ) should have seen this coming, a playset. Just like Hoth and Cloud City back then. It's a bummer, I thought it was gonna be Home One. This thing better not be a ripp off. ):D

That Death Star hologram is curious, and I'm hoping it's a prelim piece. From what I can tell, it's a Tridax pod from BIONICLE.

60934.1206079838.jpg

I presume it will be replaced in the final set with a more Death Star shaped part.

It looks like that Bionicle piece. Unless they will make some changes in the last minute.

Venator INTERIOR pictures!

1.jpg

A little office for Palpy, but even more to come underneath the wing and back! This set could shove in at least 15 figs! :wub:

I see, so half of the ship is his office. Too bad they only give us 5 minifigure and the Guard didn't have new headgear. I will still get it anyway. :tongue:

1.jpg

A little office for Palpy, but even more to come underneath the wing and back! This set could shove in at least 15 figs! :wub:

Two back wings. There're obvious exposed technic beams seen in other pictures. Since there's another whole half to the ship, I'm betting there'll be at least one tine room more in the very middle of the back or at least some space in the wings.

I agree. Those Technic beams seem to serve a folding function like on the back of the ISD, but these will fold the whole bridge section toward the front. And it would be a shame if there wouldn't be something underneath those wings.

Also, don't forget that it will have some kind of bombing action feature.

I still wonder what those things on the sides with the two blue lightsaber blades are for. :look: They look like turrets, but a Venator usually doesn't have a turret at that spot, and these don't seem to have any play feature (except for maybe aiming them to different directions), so I don't get their purpose. :sceptic:

Can't wait to see pics of the remaining interior and of Palpy's final CW face!

Now I've seen that interior pic of the Venator, it looks smaller than I expected.

Also, looking back, all 3 candidates of the Toys'R'Us vote probably would have included a building with a hangar/landing pad and a vehicle:

Home One briefing room with hangar and A-Wing

Palpatine's office with maybe a pad and Anakin's speeder or fighter

Cloud City building with a pad and Slave I

Maybe it's me but when I heard Mon Calamari Star Cruiser was being made, I was thinking more of the ship vs a bridge+ hanger with a A-wing. Granted there's enough x-wings/y-wings/b-wings out there, but I hardly remember seeing the a-wing during the death star fight. Besides the minifigs, it looks like something that gonna be 400+ pieces and cost $69 ouch.

My money is the Venator. At least it looks like a ship. Although that's another one easy to be over $100.

I love the Home One set. Excellent minifigs, and a great design. I'd say the black rod sticking out the front is part of some sort of launching / sliding mechanism for the A-Wing. Looks interesting.

And to al the people who were seriously expecting a whole ship: I can remember that almost from the beginning of the "Choose the next SW-set" campaign, more than a year ago, what was promised as the "Home One set" was to be a control bridge with a green A-Wing!!! It was either that or a new Slave I with launchpad or Chancellor Palpatine's arrest... So I really can't imagine why people were expecting something other than this! I can't remember even TLC making a big secret of how the set would turn out: exactly what we see now!

Like many, many others have said before me, the whole Home One ship is about 2,5 times the size of a regular ISD, and due to the organic nature of the design, it can be described as a elongated slug shape... Designing it even in 6211 ISD scale would be... unfeasable.

If we do get this new Millenium falcon we can almost be certain it will be a an Ep.VI version with lando and Nien Numb, i would love to see one about 50% bigger then the previous one, with alot of detail like the UCS but with some great interior, would be cool if it was around $200

The MF is a "midscale" which probably means it wont be as big as the USC MF, although I definitly hope there will be an interior. If it is the Endor like version of the MF it would make sense to put Lando and Nien Numb in it.

I hope the Millenium Falcon comes with Luke, or we will have no Luke in 2009 :cry_sad: , and we really need one with Han solo, the new Leia, Admiral Ackbar, and Lando.

If the MF is a Endor like version than it wont have a Luke in it... :sadnew:

Maybe it's me but when I heard Mon Calamari Star Cruiser was being made, I was thinking more of the ship vs a bridge+ hanger with a A-wing. Granted there's enough x-wings/y-wings/b-wings out there, but I hardly remember seeing the a-wing during the death star fight.

I was a bit disappointed at first, but I must say this set grows on you.

There were definitly several A-wings in the DS fight, first the approach, second the wings calling in, in a fighting scene and the crash in the SSD's bridge. mmm now that would make a set: the SSD!!! :grin::laugh:

1.jpg

Do you think there will be a small interior right under the Venator bridge or in it?

Edited by CommanderCody77