KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

Those new sets look quite nice I must say. Heres my opionion on each:

7748- Corporate Alliance Tank Droid: This is one hell of an improvement from the last one. This one isn't multi-coloured!! :tongue: And the design is greatly exexuted. The Clones are a good adition to the set, and they don't have any vehical they have to be in. But I hate the fact that they still aren't giving the Battle Droids backplates, I'm running out :sceptic: I think $19.99USD for this nice CIS adition. Will be picking up a few.

7749- Echo Base (I think, can't read the name right): TAUN TAUN!!! This and the Battle of Endor have made me an OT fan again. The Taun Taun is beatufilm and I don't see why people complian about the fact that we have Hoth Han instead of Hoth Luke or a Rebel Commander. Yeah a new character is always nice, but that and the Taun Taun would make a huge price escaldade, and plus, it's not like we get a Hoth Han in every set. This also looks like it may be the cheapest way to get Snowtroopers yet. I think $19.99 for this nice adition to any Imperial and Rebel army. Will get a few for sure.

8036- Separatist Shuttle: This is quite a nice looking set, and it looks like it has two brand new figs, as well as two new (or one new and one revived) species. I am really happy that we are getting another Rodian, but I really think we should get a Padme as well. God LEGO, it's been 10 years since we got the last one, and it had no exclusive parts. But maybe sometime in the next few years........ The main downside I see is that it is a tad to small (as are most LEGO Star Wars sets, and I still havent gottnen used to it.) I think this will be $29.99 and I'll get one.

8037- Anakin's Y-wing: Looks great overall, and they did a nice job pulling off the bubble turret. Again, abit too small, but oh well :sceptic: What I have the most about this is the fact that it comes with Anakin, Ahsoka, and R2. We are getting way to much of them. Should have had Matchstick, Broadside, and a new Astromech. I say this will be $39.99 like the last one and I'll get one.

8038- Battle of Endor: This is what made me my become an OT fan again truly. 11 great new figs. The only not new ones are Han, R2, and Chewy, but they are valued assets to the set and battle. (3PO would have been a nice addition.....) The AT-ST looks nice and 2 of the Speeder bikes from the RGS and 3 EWOKS!!! LEGO has done great this year with no molds and designs. The Bunker looks nice, and looks like it has a good baseplate. Looks to me like it'll be $89.99 and my birthday present (with the Hoth Thingy) Great and will grab a few afterwords as well.

8039- Republic Star Destroyer: Somewhat dissapointing. It has great figs, but other than that it looks like a waste unless you are in the need of grey plates. Palpy doesn't really fit, so I dont like the fact that he's in this set, so I hope we get the Palpatines Arrest so I can get him. This is relatively dissapoiting to me but I think it will be $119.99, and that will be $119.99 I will have for other sets (Endor!!!)

Thats my 2 cents. I hope to see detailed pics soon as well as some pics of hidden sets.

I am really impressed by the Endor set, I think LEGO have really nailed this kit.

I've been trying to think of a similar kit they could bring out for a scene in the OT.

It's hard to think of something they could have done so well. I eliminated any Death Star scene, since they already nailed this with the UCS DS last year.

ANH - Maybe they could do a Tatooine desert scene, with Luke, Ben, C-3PO, R2-D2, a few sand people and one of their Banthas a few Jawas, the Landspeeder and Ben's Hut.

ESB - Hoth battle, but it's hard to see a kit with an AT-AT plus other kits / figures, it would be too expensive, and really to capture the spirit of that battle you need an AT-AT. They could perhaps do another Cloud City, that would be interesting. I think last time they had too much wasted space / pieces with that landing platform, which is big but struggles to hold the MF (4504).

ROTJ - The Endor kit nails it. I think the Sail Barge has been done now.

I didn't really put my mind to the PT, perhaps a Kashyyyk - Yoda, Chewbacca, Tarful, Unduli, Gree, 2 clones, 3 battle driods, 3 Super battle driods, the briefing platform, a Separatist tank and a few spider droids. But this kit wouldn't have the impact of the Endor kit, though I suppose that's the difference between the OT and the PT.

Imperium der Stein said the other green guy in the

shuttle was Senator Onaconda Farr .

If your wondering what he is he's a Rodian!

Yes, yes, yes!! :cry_happy: Another Rodian for my collection.

This is gonna be so awesome! :thumbup:

Imperium der Stein said the other green guy in the

shuttle was Senator Onaconda Farr .

If your wondering what he is he's a Rodian!

Yes, yes, yes!! :cry_happy: Another Rodian for my collection.

This is gonna be so awesome! :thumbup:

The only cheap-ish set with a Rodian. If you have Greedo, and feel like going crazy on bricklink, you can make the battle of Rodia. But I think I'll just get the ship and Onocadda Farr. It truly is a lovely set.

Echo Base: looks great, even though we get another han, its fine because we get a hood!

Snail Droid: is way better without blues/oranges. the clones are a nice touch.

Separatist Shuttle: a little small but the new figs make up for it.

Y-wing: ... too yellow.

Battle of endor: lego outdid themselves.

Venator: Like I said 20 pages back I'm still getting it.

TLC has done great this year!

I'll get one of each besides the y-wing.

My favorite out of all of these is the Endor set followed by the Hoth set, and then the Neimodian shuttle. The Venator is too sloped IMO it should have more of a flat shape. I'm not a particular fan of that snail droid. The Ywing looks good quality for LEGO.

So no one has found pictures of the new Falcon yet?

So no one has found pictures of the new Falcon yet?

Nope, I think it's in the Winter wave, so it'll be a while before anything surfaces on that one.

I don't know, if they have to do another Falcon, I'm pretty sure they would do it for the anniversary. So maybe it will be an exclusive, like the Droid Gunship at Walmart ($30) or the Tank at Target ($50), though I'm leaning toward the latter of those two...

I've established that the Jet Troopers in the Tank Droid don't have the same packs as the firefighters do. I took apart one of my city firefighters and put it around the neck of a Clone Trooper and his helmet didn't fit. And at closer look, I think this means a new piece. So I repeat, they are not airtanks.

Not these:

3838.gif

It could be a slightly new airtanks piece with the top sticking up bit missing, but a new jet pack piece would be cooler.

Bear in mind that the pics we've seen is preliminary.

They could have used old airtanks and cut them with a scalpel to fit.

We'd never know, until the finalized product is revealed.

But the fact that they look like the old tanks or even white boba fett tanks, makes me quite sure we're looking at a new mold.

Could be that Lego is using some of Aeralight's tanks. :laugh:

Arealight makes airtanks? Either way, it means we'll probably be getting a new piece!

He did some tanks separate from the Fett helmet a while back.

And now we gently move back on topic.

Enough on Arealight and the supposed jet-tanks for now.

Let's just wait and see on this one.

:satis:

Perhaps the jet pack is mr.freezes pack with two white cones. Whatever, I dont plan on getting it. I think the millenium falcon will be an exclusive because it doesnt seem like somthing non collectors will buy. But we will wait and see.

Apparently the heavy turbolaser turrets on the Venator are not flickfire, as presumed by some. It looks similar to teh turrets on the ISD minifig-sclae, that moves up/down and left/right, but I'm nearly certain the barrels are the guns from the Agents theme.

I also believe that Palpatine will not have the traditional cape, but a plastic mmould for the shoulders, like the magnaguard. And the Senate commando rifles are regular rifles :hmpf_bad: . I can definitely see the clone gunner, but I don't think that the other clone is a pilot. It sure looks lik a regular clonie to me.

Apparently the heavy turbolaser turrets on the Venator are not flickfire, as presumed by some. It looks similar to teh turrets on the ISD minifig-sclae, that moves up/down and left/right, but I'm nearly certain the barrels are the guns from the Agents theme.

I also believe that Palpatine will not have the traditional cape, but a plastic mmould for the shoulders, like the magnaguard. And the Senate commando rifles are regular rifles :hmpf_bad: . I can definitely see the clone gunner, but I don't think that the other clone is a pilot. It sure looks lik a regular clonie to me.

well this set we'll have to wait til next month to see whats up with it. cause so far its not that good minifig wise that is. the ship looks ok but why give us a clone gunner and clone trooper? i do really hope they change them cause theres no need for them....

well this set we'll have to wait til next month to see whats up with it. cause so far its not that good minifig wise that is. the ship looks ok but why give us a clone gunner and clone trooper? i do really hope they change them cause theres no need for them....

I'm just getting the venator for the Venator :P

I'm just getting the venator for the Venator :P

Ohh im getting it to just i hope they change those troopers or just add some new ones...

At a much closer look, I am pretty sure that the gunning turrets around the sides of the Venator are a jumble of pieces, but there are two of these sticking out:

bb207.gif

OR

194.gif

I'm pretty sure I'm right. Two of those against each other on swinging turrets. The hose nozzle or bley Agents guns.

Edited by Darth Legolas

At a much closer look, I am pretty sure that the gunning turrets around the sides of the Venator are a jumble of pieces, but there are two of these sticking out:

bb207.gif

OR

194.gif

I'm pretty sure I'm right. Two of those against each other on swinging turrets. The hose nozzle or bley Agents guns.

From what were speculating, Im glad that they aren't making oversized guns on the venator. Im also glad they have more than four.

From what were speculating, Im glad that they aren't making oversized guns on the venator. Im also glad they have more than four.

This isn't speculation, I'm staring at the picture right now! :tongue: But either way, there will be four guns on each side, just like there are on the actual ship, and each turret has two gun launcher thingies. :tongue: It also look like there's a lot of room in the ship, along with a compartment for an escape pod! :tongue:

Its preliminary, anything can change. But Im also glad there arent any trans green blobs all over.