KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

Oh my - meesa sure is liken deese sets

I was sceptical when it was said Echo base would be a trench - but this works much better than I imagined and will look really well with the first Echo Base. It would be nice to have gotten Luke, another taun-taun and a Wampa but I guess Lego is saving those for later since they will want to get their money's worth from the mould.

The Endor Bunker is looking good and the only figure I have so far from this is chewie. I'm sure that the interior will yield at least some nice details to make this really special.

Are those moving midget feet I spy on the Ewoks????

I don't think so. All of their feet seem straight to me. It would be amazing if they did though. :thumbup:

I haven't seen anything to indicate that the Clone Wars theme is going away. Since the series is expected to continue for years, I'd imagine the Legos will as well?

I haven't either, but personally I would love it if it did. It would leave a lot more room for OT sets.

I haven't either, but personally I would love it if it did. It would leave a lot more room for OT sets.

Well who the heck says CW is going away? They're just making 3 OT sets. They still have CW as the main theme next year, but if you look here are the real statistics.

Out of all Star Wars fans,

CW fans/PT fans: 30%

OT fans: 60%

OT+PT fans: 80%

So, stop asking for something that isn't going to happen, or at least any time soon. :tongue:

Looks like it, the one on the speeder

I still can't tell, but you might be right... it's hard to tell, maybe the one with the hang glider also.

I'll do it with you :tongue: I am really excited for these new sets to come out. I can't wait for Toy Fair 09!

*100 posts!

Me too, when does the toy fair take place?

Has anyone else noticed that the hoth rebel troopers helmets are different than the old pilot ones? We have a new mold people!!

Thanks for pointing that out,

Thanks for the link. The packaging looks pretty good; nice, sharp, and a change-up of the blue. I liked the blue better, but packaging design doesn't really matter to me, since I'll be recycling the boxes anyway. :classic:

Well lookie here... :wub:

edit: pics removed - they're preliminary and has confidential written all over them. please no deeplinks

(Found in julencin2000's photostream on Flickr.)

m19

Thanks very much for the find! :sweet:

Hoth:

It looks... alright. :sceptic: The trench isn't exactly what I imagined it to be, and the turret doesn't even look that good. However, this will be a very cheap way of getting some more Hoth Rebels and Snowtroopers, plus a new Taun-Taun and a hooded Han. :thumbup: Looks like I was wrong after all (about the Taun-Taun)...

Do your worst, KimT. :sadnew::tongue:

Endor:

Wow, what a great set! :thumbup: Everything looks wonderful, and the figs are just wonderful. I can't really see how the Ewoks are "new", but that's probably just my monitor. A definate buy for me.

"Sniff" :cry_happy: I'm gonna miss Clone Wars..
Im not... good riddance!

Don't worry, it's doubtful that the CW sets are gone. On the contrary, these two OT sets (along with whatever else TLG may have in store for us this year) are probably the last big wave we'll see of Lego OT SW. The pnly reason TLG did this was because of the 10th Anniversary. But you never know...

The CW T.V. show still has a lot to offer for Lego sets. :thumbup:

THERE! THERE'S YOUR DAMN TAUNTAUN. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?

deino2.gif

Yes, very. :tongue:

Found pictures of Echo Base and The battle of Endor :cry_happy: .I'll try to get pics up sometime,but to find them just search "Summer 2009".You should find it quickly :classic: .(The Venators there too.)

EDIT:Oh,I got beaten to the punch.

Edited by Da Death Star!

Well now more calm down I can post some of m y dislikes about this new OT sets :tongue: :

Echo Base:

Well this is a very good set but looking better at it I don´t think it is that great :laugh: . First the Han minifig really annoys me just like to Klaus Dieter. The TLC could have thrown a new Hoth Captain for this set and I think that could have been even cheaper :hmpf: . Then the trench isn´t really what you could call a "TRENCH". To me it looks like a mount of snow in somewhere in middle of the battle. The other minifigs, the turret and the new Taun Taun are great and awesome :sweet: .

Battle of Endor:

This set is personally a dream come true to me :cry_happy: . We received more than we expect and even with that everything there is awesome nearly flawless. The only thing that I want the TLC change is the plain orange color of the wing of the Ewok Glider :tongue: (They just look so prelim to me :classic: ). Other then that this set is by far one of the best OT sets to date.

Also anyone has noted that the back of the bunker looks open? I don´t mean open just cause it has a big hole but thi9s is maybe some space the TLC leave cause they maybe produce an Endor landing platform you just can "connect" in that space :cry_happy: . It isn´t impossible considering we don´t know the UCS sets of the year yet and just looking at the DS we got the last one and that this is with the Ewok Village a very wanted set I think there are big possibilities :cry_happy: .

Well now more calm down I can post some of m y dislikes about this new OT sets :tongue: :

Echo Base:

. Then the trench isn´t really what you could call a "TRENCH". To me it looks like a mount of snow in somewhere in middle of the battle. The other minifigs, the turret and the new Taun Taun are great and awesome :sweet: .

I agre with you on that one. Some "Trench" huh, lol. :tongue: Wasn't a "ds trooper" supposed to be included as well. :wacko: So I guess we're just waiting on a few more pics. The snail tank, pirate tank, Y wing,The Falcon, and Mon Calamari (Boo! No offense to those who voted for it or who liked it :blush: ).

Edited by ROCON

I agre with you on that one. Some "Trench" huh, lol. :tongue: Wasn't a "ds trooper" supposed to be included as well. :wacko: So I guess we're just waiting on a few more pics. The snail tank, pirate tank, Y wing,The Falcon, and Mon Calamari (Boo! No offense to those who voted for it or who liked it :blush: ).

Maybe Chewbacca is standing on him in the AT-ST :laugh: But he is probably in the bunker.

Edited by halomaster96

OT IS BACK BABY!!

This is just awsome, a new Hoth pack and an actual Endor base. This is just awsome. Scout troopers and new Endor troopers, its just a dream. Also, the new Venator looks great, I'll for certainly be getting one. The other sets are alright, nothing special, just more CW...ya ya, whatever...OT BABY! ;)

The hoth set looks great. Everything we could ask for, and no stupid gate, just straight to the figs.

The Endor set is absolutly wonderful from what I can see. A real base, and scout troopers. But whats really awsome are the new Endor troops, LEGO really knows what we want.

Lucky for me, I'v got a brithday in the upcoming months, so I will for sure be saving up those Birthday checks for the new summer releases...and I can hope for some pirates sets too. :tongue:

New pictures. There awsome. I love them. Woo Hoo.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=362690

OMG!!! (Sorry if the expression is inappropiate or something :classic: ) this are just awesome :cry_happy: . Just look at that beautiful sets. The Endor set reveals to have a DS trooper after all and next I will comment in the sets:

CIS Tank Droid: Simply beautiful :cry_happy: ! They really improve the design and now it looks almost the same as the real deal. The minifigs are common although something that dissapoints me but the tank is totally great :tongue: .

Separatist Shuttle: AWESOME! I can´t believe how good is the design with such an small piece count :laugh: ! The ship looks great one of the best CW vehicles I have seen so far. The minifigs look great at the least too.

Echo Base: Nothing we haven´t seen here but still an awesome pack :grin: !

Anakin Y-wing: This is pure CRAP! The design is very, VERY bulky to say the least :sick: . The minifigs are :sick: too. The sleekness of this ship is just lost here. Very bad job TLC :sadnew: .

Battle of Endor: Again nothing new apart from the now visible DS Trooper :wub: ! The set still AWESOME.

Venator: What they do with the incredible prelim design? This now looks just so "plain" :sick: . The ship could open from the front also and the minifigs look OK.

Thanks for the found CloneMe :thumbup: . Apart from that horrible Y-wing all of them are great :cry_happy: .

7748 Corporate Alliance Tank.

-2 Jet Pck Troopers

-2 Battle Droids

7749 Echo Base

-2 Snow Trooper

-2 Hoth Rebels

-1 Han Solo

-1 Taun-Taun

8036 Seperatist Shuttle

- From What I see 2 Battle Droids

-1 Droid Pilot

-1 Nute Gunray

8037 Y-Wing Fighter

- 1 R2-D2

- 1 Anakin Skywalker

- 1 Ahsoka Tano

8038 Endor Base

-2 Scout Troopers

-2 Rebel Troopers

-3 Ewoks(1 Reddish Brown, 1 Tan, and 1 Grey)

-1 imperial death star trooper

-1 chewbacca

-1 R2-D2

-1 Princess Leia

-1 Han Solo

8039 Republic Venator

-1 Clone Pilot

-1 Clone Gunnar

-1 Palpatine

-2 Senate Guards.

I love all these. You can count on me on getting multiples of each.

I have posted these on my own brickshelf in my 2009 category and will be visible shortly. I also have the other sets as well.

I totally agree. I still think their amazing and will get 2 of each at the least. Time to start saving big.

Edited by CloneMe

There is a death star trooper! Woah, great finds cloneme! I love the venator now! Its not as stubby as we thought.

New pictures. There awsome. I love them. Woo Hoo.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=362690

Wow. Nice Find.

The two anniversary sets thrill me more than any of the Clone Wars stuff. The 2008 Summer sets really seem to have been the best of them (so far).

Interesting to see how the big ship opens up.

Oh look. Another set with Anakin and Ahsoka (or whatever her name is). I understand it from a marketing perspective but can't they throw us a bone and just add a random clone or something?

-Tohst

i see the endor bunker is almost a full base but it seems to have a giant hole in it.

I like the tank droid, looks like a $40(AUD) set to me, so its basically the 2nd big battlepack (first being echo base 7749[Well not officially but thats what i call it])

might buy the shuttle but only if its cheap.

All the sets look great but unfortunatley i'm not binging all my money on legos

Thanks for the pictures!

I'll skip comments on the Hoth and Endor sets, because we already know I love them. :tongue:

The tank droid looks like a very nice small set, with good design and decent minifigs. Separatist Shuttle also seems like a pretty good small to medium set, with a hopefully great new minifig, and a relatively smooth design.

While the Y-Wing looks nice, the minifigs are no good, and I imaging that the price will be very steep, considering it has over 500 pieces...

As for the Venator, I'm still pretty undecided on it. I wish we would get a few more minifigs, and it still looks very exposed with all of the technic beams showing. On the other hand, it has a possibility of a good interior, and it doesn't look terrible, plus the (senate guards?) and Palpatine are tempting.

Summer 09 looks rather promising! :classic: