Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Haunted Mill

For a long time now, I've been wanting to revisit my Ghost Town Grave Stone creations and edit the original set of images. Now that I've become better with my photo-editing skills, I've decided to look back at some of these earlier creations, using images that have not been shared before (at least some of them).

My first one is this Haunted Mill inspired by a visit to a large fall display several years ago:

hauntedmill.jpg

EDIT:

The Story:

Alone in the outskirts of Grave Stone stands Sutter's Mill, long-since abandoned since the great gold rush. Two treasure seekers are venturing into the old mill in search of the lost map of the one-eyed prospector, Tex Grimwell. Rumor has it that old Tex found the "Mother Load" after years of searching in the desert sometime before going mad. He and his gold was never found but some say that he left a map to his discovery, hidden somewhere in Grave Stone. Strange lights have been seen near Sutter's Mill and some even say that the place is haunted. Others say that it would be best if Sutter's Mill was burned to the ground along with the horrible evil that lies in Grave Stone.

Awesome! I'm a half-fan on western, and I think this is really one of the coolest western creations I've seen. Just, your editing skills need work! (Who am I critisizing? Mine need work too!) But other than that, this is really a neat pile of legos. Put together.

Heh heh :blush:

~Raphy~

That's a very nice Ghost Town MOC, TheBrickster! :thumbup:

I really like it!

The "hoist" (I regrettably don't know the name) looks great and the architecture looks very realistic, too. :oh:

The only thing I miss a bit is with which power the mill should be run since I see no water wheel and even no wind wheels. Besides I could imagine that some more foliage plants and some more minifigs would make your MOC looking a bit more lively.

But otherwise it's a very nice MOC! Do you have some pics of its interior, too? That would be interesting to see. :wink:

Very well done! :thumbup:

Btw: Does the skeletton cowboy have a heated outhouse? :grin:

Klaus-Dieter

I like it! There are a lot of features and nice details in here. Your photo-editing skills are great.

A few improvements: I would change the yellow straw bundles to tan bricks, it would me more realistic I think.

The yellow brick in the crane should be replaced with a brown one.

The rest is just a pleasure to the eye. :thumbup:

I like the red-eyed bat at the top of the chimney. :laugh:

Just, your editing skills need work! (Who am I critisizing? Mine need work too!) But other than that, this is really a neat pile of legos. Put together.

I ought to shoot you out of Grave Stone for saying that! :angry:

The only thing I miss a bit is with which power the mill should be run since I see no water wheel and even no wind wheels. Besides I could imagine that some more foliage plants and some more minifigs would make your MOC looking a bit more lively.

I don't think all mills need a water or wind wheel, depending on the type of mill it is. I did create a different mill later in the collection with a water wheel - Putrid Creek Mill.

There's also Whispering Windmill...

I would change the yellow straw bundles to tan bricks, it would me more realistic I think.

Thanks Cap'n. Take a look at the hay used in Lego's new FARM set.

Do you have photos of the interior, and possibly what haunts it?

No, I actually never built an interior to this one. As far as what haunts it, that's left up to the imagination.

Great, I wanted to do that with some of my older MOCs but could never find the time. I look forward to getting to look over this series again...

God Bless,

Nathan

I think a ghostly face peeking out from the upstairs window would be nice, or maybe just a glowing hand reaching out. Because it doesn't look that haunted to me.

Good idea to touch up your photos TheBrickster, I do remember this one. Tex Grimwell is an awesome sounding name, you really have a talent for that.

Like always, it's the little details that get me, the keep out sign, the torch, the suspended hay, the outhouse, the lantern, it all adds up and really makes the moc so much better.

Nice use of lighting too, I don't know if this was intentional or not, but the way the darkness obscures the majority of the interior really plays up the dread, we don't know hwat's in there...

I can tell this is one of your earlier ones given how much better you are now, but it still stands up. I just wish the building was a touch wider, but that's a minor criticism. Anyway, I'm always up for commenting on Gravestone, so bring some more! :grin:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

This is a cool MOC with a nice use of the brown pieces. Do I spy with my little eyes a big brown barrel?!? :oh::laugh: I really like the way the building is designed. :sweet:

Someone above had asked if the mill has an interior. It does not, but there is some action in the outhouse:

hauntedmillouthouse.jpg

And another little brown barrel.

Shut the door! Give the man some privacy! :tongue: The outhouse is so simple, yet so attractive! :wub: Maybe its the pieces you used. Look a brown barrel..... :oh::grin: