Good ol Asda! As well as still having the new SW Battle Packs for £5.99 my local is now selling all the Series 1 planet sets for £6.30 each plus Droid Escape and Geonosian Cannon for £8.50!

Just got off the phone to my local Asda stores and neither has any idea why other stores are selling them so cheap! Remind me where abouts you are matey, might be worth the drive to save some pennies!

Just got off the phone to my local Asda stores and neither has any idea why other stores are selling them so cheap! Remind me where abouts you are matey, might be worth the drive to save some pennies!

I think a bit too far for you to drive Charlieboy, my local Asda is in a small town called Golborne, between Wigan & Leigh (Lancashire). Up until quite recently it's been like you said previously, none of the good offers other members have mentioned going on. I almost bought Droid Escape a couple of weeks ago because it was reduced to £17 but decided I'd leave it a year or so until they go on a decent offer :grin: . Don't know why they're so cheap now, maybe they just want to shift the stock?

asda_lego_receipt.jpg

Edited by Praiter Yed

Tesco have the SE Millennium Falcon for £64. No WAY I could resist that. I didn't see any other reductions, but there wasn't a lot of stock left in the branch I visited.

Also John lewis seem to have some sort of promotion going too; I picked up the 8069 backhoe for £25 (in store, that is. Their website is still £49.99).

Tesco have the SE Millennium Falcon for £64. No WAY I could resist that.

Don't think I'd be able to resist either if I saw it!

Which Tesco store was this in, don't suppose it was a London one by any chance?

Which Tesco store was this in, don't suppose it was a London one by any chance?

Aberdeen, but the price label was a properly printed one detailing the savings so it seems to be an official offer. Possibly your local one could get stock sent there if they don't have one; there were 8 left after I bought mine.

Not bad, some fairly cheap sets there, I think I will piuck up an endor battlepack in town tomorrow.

Some good deals on Superhero sets at Amazon including 29% off Battle over Gotham. Actually that, the Batcave and the Two-Face set are just a flat £10 off so Battle over Gotham is the biggest percentage (and probably the best set of those).

Edited by Ash

Amazon's price drops are nearly always due to pricematching another retailer. In this case they are matching Play's One Day Sale price on those, so be quick as they will both be gone tomorrow.

Amazon's price drops are nearly always due to pricematching another retailer. In this case they are matching Play's One Day Sale price on those, so be quick as they will both be gone tomorrow.

Yeah, I wsn't sure where the original one was on this one. Thanks for the heads up. I tend to favour Amazon because (a) Prime and (b) they tend to be in stock longer than the place they're matching. Although these look like they're still in stock in both.

Meanwhile Golden Staff Guardians half price. The set itse;f is pretty rubbish but a couple of mummies and a sweet motorbike for < £5 isn't bad.

Yeah, I wsn't sure where the original one was on this one. Thanks for the heads up. I tend to favour Amazon because (a) Prime and (b) they tend to be in stock longer than the place they're matching. Although these look like they're still in stock in both.

Meanwhile Golden Staff Guardians half price. The set itse;f is pretty rubbish but a couple of mummies and a sweet motorbike for < £5 isn't bad.

Looks like that itself was a price match to Tesco, or the other way round.

Rise of the Sphinx just hit 56% off (£18.16). They must of had a hell of a lot of these. It's been around 30% off for a while now... I bought mine last week, I should have waited!

Edit: Uh, on Amazon. I probably should have said that bit!

Edited by Ash

Rise of the Sphinx just hit 56% off (£18.16). They must of had a hell of a lot of these. It's been around 30% off for a while now... I bought mine last week, I should have waited!

Thanks Ash, just ordered

Good call Ash, just ordered 2!

Other members are also reporting similar savings that I mentioned earlier on Droid Escape and Geonosian Cannon in Asda stores. Some stores seem to be selling them for £11.90 and others as I reported, at £8.50. Both prices are good so it might be worth checking out or a phone call.

Edited by Praiter Yed

Portal of Atlantis is today's big Amazon half-pricer (well 49% off). Tempting for £41, but I've already bought too much in the last week or so. It looks interesting, but I'm not a massive fan of Atlantis (except Deep Sea Striker which I love). I guess I'll pass. Big Bentley is cheap again as well, but that's nothing new.

Edit: Oh actually Atlantis HQ is down a lot too 44% to £23. That's a possibility for me. I like HQ/Base type sets for playing with with my kid and we don't really have any at the moment. Might pick that one up. Might go look if I can find a review first.

Edited by Ash

Both of those sets are really good, Ash. The Portal is quite a large building, imposing, and the HQ is actually smaller than I expected but very cleverly built. Either would be a good buy at those prices.

Both of those sets are really good, Ash. The Portal is quite a large building, imposing, and the HQ is actually smaller than I expected but very cleverly built. Either would be a good buy at those prices.

Well HQ ordered anyway. I have fond memories of playing with stuff like that and I think my kid will like it. Maybe stash it away for a rainy day. I think I'll hold off on Portal. For the price I'd rather wait and see if The Alien Conquest mobile HQ goes on special again. For the price I think I prefer it.

Well HQ ordered anyway. I have fond memories of playing with stuff like that and I think my kid will like it. Maybe stash it away for a rainy day. I think I'll hold off on Portal. For the price I'd rather wait and see if The Alien Conquest mobile HQ goes on special again. For the price I think I prefer it.

I know you've ordered it now, but if anyone else wants them, both the HQ & Portal are 50% off on S@H.

Good call. Also Deep Sea Raider which is still full price on Amazon. A couple of the other smaller 2011 Atlantis sets as well.

Damn that Deep Sea Raider is one ugly set though. A couple of pieces look like they might be good for ginat robots or something, but even at half price I'm not touching that one!

Lex Luthor Power Armour 25% at Amazon. Still £15, but I know it's a lot of people's favourite from the Super Heroes line.

My local Asda had the 30005 Imperial Stormtrooper Bike for £2 each. I realise this isn't a sale as such, but anyone wanting to build their stormtrooper army might want to check their local Asda before they disappear. There were 20 of them, but I bought the lot. Sorry children of Charlton.

Last night at Clapham Junction's ASDA, there were two of the Star Wars planet sets available for 4.50. They also still have some of the discounted Alien Conquest motherships.