Sign in to follow this  
Darkness Falls

Clues: Paradise Lost

They dropped a letter to make it work for the caesars square or what ever it is. Let's first go to the yacht and try the key. If that doesn't work then off to the house!

I'd like to make a survey of the island so we know what we're dealing with here. I don't feel like just randomly wandering around stumbling haphazardly onto clues. If we could get an idea of the various locations on the island, I think we could make a more efficient stab at the mystery.

If you all don't go for that, I say we look into finding Elizabeth's footer.

Faye, do you know anything about an Elizabeth? How about Spindle's birthday?

Steve

"Spindle's wife was named Elizabeth, that I'm sure of. They often wrote letters to one another, which would explain the footer part. I've no clue upon what day his birthday was, but we could ask around. The dining room was probably at Spindle's house, though. We'll have to get there.

"As for a map, I think I have one... Oh, no! All the mist had dampened the map..."

*Look for Map on Front Page*

I'm not sure I understand what is meant by Elizabeth's footer? Is that some sort of furniture, like a footlocker? Or does it refer to something at the foot of the letter?

I think we should speak with the hotel staff and see if they can give us Spindle's B-day, and then head over to the residence and get the dining room chair number.

Steve

I think we should speak with the hotel staff and see if they can give us Spindle's B-day, and then head over to the residence and get the dining room chair number.

I agree. There may also be more clues or keys there as well.

"Spindle's Birthday? The 15th day of August." Says a shakey Doorman after he has been reawakened.

"Excellent. Now, I believe the gate out of the village is located across town. Although, I think it is locked at all times..."

*The man and woman cross in front of your path. The man glares at the group and quickens his pace. They are soon lost in the mist.*

"Creepy..." Fay says.

The Gatehouse:

You arrive at the Gatehouse in no time. It is an old structure, small in size but roomy enough for one to live in. There is a garbage can out front, and the Town Gate is locked up tightly.

Lets go into the gatehouse and see if there's controls or something to open the gate.

hmm. This seems familer. ;) I'm gussing we still aren't allowed to blast the door... Do any of the keys work?

Uh-oh. Can't let this slip to the second page until we solve the mystery! Though I imagine the large number of sticky posts helped to do it...

Anyway, anybody want to refresh my memory on the first puzzle? I don't feel like searching through 10 pages for it... so sue me I'm lazy... I happen to know there isn't a cause of action for laziness... three years of law school... so there :P

Steve

Mmmmmm... caesar salad... er square... :D

Is there anyway to get under the gate house? Or is there a can around here we can look under?

Steve

I say lets try the key in the door before searching the trash, because we don't want whoever is behind the door to go away.

"We've already checked the garbage."

Fay inserts the key into the lock on the gate and turns it. The lock opens up and Fay removes it, pushing the gate open. The mist that covers the island is lost in a thick jungle just beyond the gate. There is a path that leads into the jungle.

"Well, should we leave? My guess is that this is the way to Spindle's house..." Fay says. "Keep in mind we still haven't finished searching the docks..."

"We've already checked the garbage."

Oh, whoops :$ I thought we had just found the tank of gas on the top, not searched through the whole thing.

Anyway, searching the docks sounds like a good idea.