WesternOutlaw

CLUES: The Mystery Continues

Wasn't me. At least, I didn't do anything to Pete....

He probably saw that horse toy of yours, and ran off screaming into the night :P

Steve

Hummmm, this get interesting all of a sudden ... I have a feeling its turning into Temptation Island rather than Clues :D

I didn't know this kind of "toy" was included in the Clues weapon's list :P

Hey Pete, wake up *sing* !!!!

The Tower

Pete is rather intoxicated from the effects of the Norwegian wine, but alas, he is ready to continue this mystery.

On this very cold February night, with light snow falling on the roof, you once again open the trap door in the library to climb to the roof top. A walk along the perimeter of the shingled roof of the attic leads to the North wall of the tower were you find the single wooden door.

Creeeek... you hear as you open the door when a chilling winter sea breeze blows on your back. You quickly enter the tower to find a spiral staircase leading up in to the darkness of the tower...

Also, Brickster which of the "clue" weapons are still in the house/what are their locations as of right now?

Xwingyoda has possession of the revolver with the six bullets and Akkhraziel took the knife. The other items were left within the various rooms they were found.

Let us ascend the stairs!

Athos do you still have that light you used in the basement?

Keep your eyes open for clues! 8-|

*Pulls the scorpion light back out from under his jingasa*

Aight, where are we going ?

Akkh

PC: back home, all safe, only real damage was to the garage.

You walk up the stone steps spiraling upward until you reach the top of the tower. Behold, you have a magnificent 360 degree view of the surrounding areas. Outside the glass windows of the tower, you see a few lights of Point Heceta to the south and to the north, only the darkness of the mysterious ocean. A small light can be seen to the northwest, perhaps an island.

Within the center of the room is a large fresnel lens, greenish is color. The light is off at this time but there is a lever on the wall that may turn on the lens. Several gears and pullies are attached to the underside of the lens. A large wooden toolbox sits on the floor next to two wooden barrels.

Lets pull that lever, open that box and open them barrells!

Steve

The tool box contains a large wrench that is rather greasy, various screw drivers, a grease can, a rubber mallet, and a lighter. All of the tools appear to be very dirty from the grease and oil.

The barells contain oil for the lens.

Pulling the lever turns on the bright green fresnel lens as it turns around shining down into the darkness of the waters below. The intense light heats the cold tower room.

Lets see if we can illuminate anything with the lens. Or if not make some cool shadow puppets on the surrounding landscape...

Also lets bonk each other on the heads with the rubber mallet...

Steve

The light shines a long beam of light out to the ocean. You can't see anything that it lights.

GONK! Pete asks, "what was that for"?

Are there any fingerprints on the large wrench and other tools ???

Also, can we take the tools to brake the locks on the bedroom and grill in the basement (next to where we found the body of the old Crowley) ?

Quicker than finding keys ;)

Are there any fingerprints on the large wrench and other tools ???

Also, can we take the tools to brake the locks on the bedroom and grill in the basement (next to where we found the body of the old Crowley) ?

Quicker than finding keys  ;)

The wrench and tools are very greasy (mostly at the useable ends); probably from having been used on the gears of the rotating lens. No visible fingerprints.

XWingYoda has possession of the large wrench and other items in the toolbox.

Athos has possession of the rubber mallet.

Athos has possession of the rubber mallet.

Whoo-hoo! [bonks you all in the head with the mallet]

OK... I feel better now...

Is there any blood on the wrench? I'm thinking Crowley didn't get shot, since we didn't find any bullet holes in his head or clothes...

Steve

Well, as far as I know, I still have a little silver key that we have not yet tried on the bedroom. Perhaps we should go there when we are done milling about up here?

And why is the light green?

Yes, try the key on the bedroom lock! Lets see if we can get in there!

Pete can you explain what the light is for a little to us.

Crowley's Bedroom

Inserting the silver key into the small single wooden door... CLICK... unlocks the door. :)

Inside is a small modest bedroom that must have been Dorian Crowley's sleeping quarters.

Within the octagon-shaped room is the following:

- A queen-sized bed covered with a simple grey down comforter and two dusty pillows.

- A small wooden reading desk with a single chair and a pen.

- Atop the desk is a green brass bankers lamp, a book, and some papers.

- A small nightstand with a pair of reading glasses, a glass of water, and a set of false teeth.

- A coat rack with a thin red sweater

- Two doors along the East and South sides of the room.

Pete can you explain what the light is for a little to us.

Pete responds, "oh, in regard to the light in the tower, it's a fresnel lense. Most lighthouses in these parts had them to guide incoming ships away from treacherous reefs; especially with the fog in these parts. These lights are usually yellow, but I've heard of some being a greenish hue. Never knew this old mansion had one though, as I've never seen it. This may explain the mysterious green lights seen from a distance. I just wonder who was using the light and why"?

I would like to examine the contents of the writing desk, and to view anything written on the papers. In addition, what is the book?

Can I examine the chair for recent use and also the underside and legs for anything that may be helpful to the mystery?

Does the desk have a drawer of any kind, if so lets oepen it and examine it's contents.

Like Darkie said what is on the papers and what is the book?

Does the sweater have pockets, if so lets turn them out and examine them?

Why is the water not evapoated and did anyone notice if Dorian was missing his teeth? I am sure the body was removed but what about a a report of his condition or his cause of death? Is there an autopsy report?