Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

7670 Alternate

indexed.gif

Hello, all. Lately I've been looking at my smaller sets, and what I could do with them. I thought maybe an alternate model(s) of the Hailfire and Spider droids would do nicely, so I did that. I made these Star Wars items completely out of my imagination, and out of the pieces that came with the 7670 Hailfire and Spider Droid set, and with pieces from that only.

Amphibious Tank:

2981084039_2973d50ef2_o.jpg

This was the first model I made, mostly from the Hailfire parts. I think it turned out pretty good, to be honest. I made this a heavily armed CIS droid (meaning remote controlled, no pilot) that can leap great heights. With eight missiles and an huge laser mounted on its head, this frog packs quite a punch! This model actually reminded me of "Zoids", if you know what those are. :wink:

2981084045_32f5b295ae_o.jpg

2981084051_742837ec83_o.jpg

2981084053_85598d7440_o.jpg

CIS Intel Satellite:

2981084059_ab57ae02b1_o.jpg

I made a satellite out of the two wheels of the hailfire as well as a good array of other parts. This sucker can be an intelligence satellite for the CIS, or even a super-laser if you wanted it to be.

2981084065_194641aabe_o.jpg

Hyperdrive Generator:

2981944334_d3286d7e70_o.jpg

Not much to say here, but this is just a little hyperdrive generator for a small ship that I made out of the leftover parts. Not much to it, but the "plug", if you will, can be removed from it's socket.

2981944338_ec63928b7a_o.jpg

Maintenance Droid:

2981944340_e32bb43c7a_o.jpg

After still having parts left over from the other creations, I made this with the last of the parts. This is a little maintenance droid with two grabbing claws. Perhaps it works in a battle droid factory, like in AOTC. It is holding a gray disk in one claw while it hovers high above the ground.

2981944344_450ae14bf9_o.jpg

I used all of the parts included in the Hailfire and Spider Droids set (minus the battle droids, guns, and extras), and am overall very happy with the outcome. Any of your feedback is appreciated! :classic:

Awesome MOCs JimButcher :thumbup: . I really like the Amphibious Tank but I need to say the CSI Intel Satellite is my personal favorite because the overall design is pretty ingenious and because I am a fan of the "super destruction weapons" of the Star Wars universe :grin: . I think build all of this just from parts of the set is really cool because that really adds a touch of difficult at the moment of build :laugh: . Congrats :thumbup: .

Nice alternates.

These are sure to find their way to the index when I have a spare moment.

Good job and I love the Amphibious Tank :wub:

Yeah, LEGO bricks being used they way they were intended. :thumbup:

Great job on all those; I especially like the satellite you created.

That tank indeed reminds me of Zoids. It seems like a very animal-like machine. I prefer the satellite as a satellite. That service droid has a very unique design with so few pieces. Overall, amazing alternates.

TNR

Indexed.

Thanks for these alternate builds.

Perhaps we should all try and do this a little more often.

Now where I did put that Motorized AT-AT? :tongue:

Thanks everyone for the kind words. :classic: And thanks, KimT, for the index (it's alright, I know that's what you're here for :tongue:).

Well done on all of the creations. I especially like the satellite dish and the hyperdrive. The service droid is so good and it uses very few parts, anyway good job on all of them.