BillytheKid

Elec high voltage poles

My layout lays on the ground and 12v trains means also a lot of wires. To lay down all wires on the ground is not a nice sight. That's why I've tried to use like elec high voltage poles to look like it organized.

This was my first design, below the pic:

h_-_3right_view.jpg

I've designed this one now:

c_-_elec_pole_for_wires_-1.jpg

c_-_elec_pole_for_wires_-2.jpg

This pole stands very secure on the baseplates and pole is high enough for the monorail. I can adjust the high is neccesary. Only I'm not sure about the colours. So any ideas for the colours or the design are welcome.

Many thx.

Oopsie, wrong topic. Can someone place this topic to 'town and trains'?

Edited by Panda9001100

I also find it a good idea to create high voltage lines with all those cables. :thumbup: That's how you get them out of the way and the whole layout looks nicer without them lying around.

I also find it a good idea to create high voltage lines with all those cables. :thumbup: That's how you get them out of the way and the whole layout looks nicer without them lying around.

I have here on my layout a Belgian model stand

hoogspanningspilaar.JPG

where electricity can go by the cables

elekcentrale.JPG

greets Pat.

To patje:

You've got nice high voltage lines as well! The voltage converter station looks very fine too! But most of your trains are 9V trains, aren't they? Panda has many 12V trains and stuff and he put all the cables necessary to run 12V things on the high voltage lines.

Exactly. The design of patje is very nice, but not usable for my goals. Those wires are heavy and the poles have to resist stress of pulling and hanging wires. Never mind, all ideas are always welcome

What a great idea to hide/mask the wires -an idea that I haven't seen before. It looks good and adds a nice realistic look.

What a great idea to hide/mask the wires -an idea that I haven't seen before. It looks good and adds a nice realistic look.

I have made this volttage line on the end of 2004....

high voltage line on the end of 2004 begin 2005

now they no longer satisfy to the layout. Because the trees and bldg. become larger than the high foltage line,

what is not logical… :hmpf_bad:

plants

for this reason they 1 must be raised a 2 plates

:sick:

Edited by patje

I stay with my design, those are strong enough to resist the stress and holding all wires together. The color will be grey (bluish, light and/or dark I don't care) and in top a little bit green. Parts will be orded soon.

When all poles are build, then the next project I start is de bridge. I'm gonna use a spidermanset to get the job done.

4852-1.jpg

I'm not sure which color I'm gonna use. Tan is expensive, but red will be also a nice color for the job.

When the the bridge is in use.....well enough projects for me:

* Big Boy on 12v

* trees

* A big building

Well back to bricklink to see which seller is gonna happy this week :classic: .

I stay with my design, those are strong enough to resist the stress and holding all wires together. The color will be grey (bluish, light and/or dark I don't care) and in top a little bit green. Parts will be orded soon.

When all poles are build, then the next project I start is de bridge. I'm gonna use a spidermanset to get the job done.

4852-1.jpg

I'm not sure which color I'm gonna use. Tan is expensive, but red will be also a nice color for the job.

When the the bridge is in use.....well enough projects for me:

* Big Boy on 12v

* trees

* A big building

Well back to bricklink to see which seller is gonna happy this week :classic: .

indeed you idea is much stronger. Must this way because those grey wires are hard

and for me,on my layout, it are fine wires that done elektricity for houses en lights in the street.

I dont follow spiderman I have just the tram but that lift is good. :classic:

what is the set number?

Edited by patje

The first parts are arrived for my elec. high voltage. I can't wait when the most parts arrive. I can finally connect some switches and signs.

d_-_first_parts_arrived_for_the_elec_poles_-1.jpg

Edited by Panda9001100