RichardAM

Stealin' the Imperial Loot!

Correction - Wikipedia: Piracy is robbery committed at sea, or sometimes on shore, without a commission from a sovereign nation (as distinct from privateering, robbery with sovereign commission).

So a pirate doesn't actually have to kill. Just robbing and looting!

PFFFF...You're a w**p :pir-wink: ...IMO a real pirate always kills when possible :jollyroger: , even if he had to make a detour to do so.... :pir-tongue:

Edited by zorro3999

Very nice, Richard!

What I like:

The building is really good, it reminds me of Italy. The snot is also good; not to much and not too little. The stones on the sand path are a clever idea. The interior of the tower is good, too crowded, but enough detail to make it interesting. The two guards that are actually paying attention are positioned well, and the two guards fooling around and playing "Rock, Paper, Scissors" is quite funny. The stealing pirates are also good.

What could be improved:

The mixing of colors and textures om the wall is good, but it just doesn't work with old brown and new brown on the tree, or mixing dark red and red on the sun shade. The black torches take away from the calm look of the whole thing.

On a side note, this really is a great looking MOC, and it represents the Caribbean or England very well. I wish you good luck on the contest!

It represents the Caribbean or England very well.

Yeah! All you need to add is some glorious sunshine, or some miserable rain. :pir_laugh2:

:pir_laugh2: What I meant was the Caribbean... if that's where it takes place, but also England, back in the day. :pir_laugh2::pir-blush: I guess I'm still not being clear... it just reminds me of POTC2, then. :pir-blush:

I like nice clean design of this entry. Great use of tiles for the base, and I love the SNOT smooth rounded tile cobblestones. That's a nice palm tree, too--not made of the standard palm tree pieces. Is that a technice tube inside holding it together?

The obviously ignorant guards add some humor to this scene, which is always good, in my opinion.

Other people have said that it's not gruesome or violent enough, but I disagree. Too many people have focused on the violent aspect of this contest rather than simple pillaging. If I was a pirate, my goal would be to get in, get the loot, and get out, with as little violence as possible. Because violence leads to injuries, which leads to death. Not to mention it's such a hassle to have to impale someone when you'd be perfectly happy to just take their money and run!

There's only one thing that I would change on this MOC, and that's the position of the soilder with the sword behind the door. From the first picture, you can't tell he's there. Seems like there's a mystery dagger floating in midair. I would put him more in the doorway, so we can see him better.

Nice entry overall!

You are very right, I personally think that having red tiles represent blood, makes the scene very messy and not the best moc. However I'd love it if someone at least died in this scene. :pir-classic:

IMHO it is quite clear the cruelty of this MOC is ENOUGH to compete with the PTV contest.

You know, Pillage The Village...?

I think it was Bonaparte who demanded plundering, murdering and raping, but if we were to follow that sick minded person :pir-wink: (who has sometimes great idea's though :thumbup: ) in every occasion, we would all end up being butt-naked while burning down the Megablock HQ, shouting: "THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUE BRICK: THE LEGO BRICK"... :pir-laugh::pir_laugh2::pir-grin:

Ha! Ha! Ha!

To many great details to point out in this MOC. BTW nice camera.

Good luck.

I love this,its great.The names good too (Stealin' the Imperial Loot!).I think the structure is a great design and has quite a lot of room and the tree adds great effect :pir-classic: .I personaly,where the pirates are running would have a little boat you know just one with the ores and some blue bricks for water;but that does not let it down because the pirates are in great position,i dont know why the soldiers are smiling all there moneys being taken.This is very good as i say just a little boat would have been good :jollyroger:

Edited by gormadoc1

I think the one of the running pirates should be shot by the guy looking out the window. It lacks violence and fighting. Its prettey cool that one guy is running after the pirates but the two guys on to should be shooting the pirates down. ill give it a 3 out of 5.