Just how cool is the CCB?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• I'm sorry I can't seem to decide just how cool it is
    • soooooo cool
    • Outstanding
    • Truly amazing, best idea ever!
    • I truly can't live life without it!

Ha, I love the idea of enslaving Hinckley at the end and having him rebuild everything.

Also, the idea of having a dock is great. It would be awesome to put in a dock at one of the 3 side towers on my design (7, 15, or 23). Then, of course we would need to have a tavern near by...

It's a great idea to have teams. If we have teams then the only thing we would really need to do is have a standard for the color and design at the top of the wall (i.e. 2x1 bricks every 2 studs) so that it doesn't look TOO random.

~Thrash

That sounds like a very good plan to me.

It will be nice and organized to have teams set up that way.

And I love the idea of locking Hinckley up for a month to build it! :tongue:

how do you all knows that he have enough bricks ? ^^

Mustafa Dragonator, your idea sounds great. Perhaps we should all vote to see who wants to do what. And what's where. I've got around 6000 bricks, but build in lots of themes besides castle. Also who would be on who's team. And who's actually going to build things on that big list in the first post?

PS: I Scream Clone, I am allowed to build in this right? You never actually gave me permission. :cry_happy: Begs!

Well I think I know what Hinckley is gonna say to you guys nominating him to rebuild it.......

And I'm in either way, one person or if we do this by committees. I'm curious as to how the teams are gonna be broken up.

The only worry that I have about doing it in teams is that one team might have one element that's really great while the rest of their creations fall flat, while another group might have an overall good build, but nothing as cool as the one element from the other group. If we have the competing group format, the really great element from the first group would be left out.

I posted this in the other thread, but figured I should put it here too...

2944727109_fe6709e4ca.jpg

The only addition is the dock on the left side.

Also, here's a little list I came up with with everything I could possibly think of that would go in a castle or medieval town:

Traditional

Main Gatehouse

Secondary Gatehouse

Stables

Armory

Barracks

Dungeon

Kitchen

Blacksmith

King's Room

Guest Room

Servant's Quarters

Grand Hall

In the Courtyard

Gardens

Statues

Gallows

Stocks

Well

Market place (kind of like 10193)

Other Ideas

Torture Chamber

Wizard's Astronomy Tower

Chapel

Monastery

Adventurers Guild

Bank

Tavern

Thieves Guild

Apothecary

Mad Scientist Lab

Library

Fletcher

Carpenter

Mason’s Guild

Tanner

Pole turner

Oil smelter

Jester’s Quarters (in honor of the new Jester Lego made)

Fighting Arena

Dock/Wharf

Mystery Play (thanks to pickerel)

Circus (thanks to pickerel)

Tournament (thanks to pickerel)

~Thrash

Edited by Thrash

how do you all knows that he have enough bricks ? ^^

The team will decide who builds what part (big vs small) depending on what we all have.

How do you have enough bricks? You can't take apart you PTV entry remember.

There is no rush on this project we are taking our time!

Mustafa Dragonator, your idea sounds great. Perhaps we should all vote to see who wants to do what. And what's where. I've got around 6000 bricks, but build in lots of themes besides castle. Also who would be on who's team. And who's actually going to build things on that big list in the first post?

PS: I Scream Clone, I am allowed to build in this right? You never actually gave me permission. :cry_happy: Begs!

Check the first post for people on the list, I think I put you on there ages ago :wink: actually just did it then...

Well I think I know what Hinckley is gonna say to you guys nominating him to rebuild it.......

And I'm in either way, one person or if we do this by committees. I'm curious as to how the teams are gonna be broken up.

Clearly all the cool people go on one team, and you get the rest, like me :grin: It will be just like school all over again :tongue:

The only worry that I have about doing it in teams is that one team might have one element that's really great while the rest of their creations fall flat, while another group might have an overall good build, but nothing as cool as the one element from the other group. If we have the competing group format, the really great element from the first group would be left out.

Working in your group will allow you to help out your teammates if they are struggling on details.

Everyone is a winner here Thrash, the prize is community involvement on a project that will look great at the end.

Edited by I Scream Clone

Mysterious Circus (thanks to pickerel)

~Thrash

Actually, my post was meant to be a Mystery Play or a circus. Sorry, should have explained better.

Check the first post for people on the list, I think I put you on there ages ago :wink:

:oh3: Yay! :sweet:

Claps hands with child-like delight! :cry_happy::thumbup:

EDIT: Even more delight! I'm not a slave! :blush:

Edited by Pickerel

Working in your group will allow you to help out your teammates if they are struggling on details.

Everyone is a winner here Thrash, the prize is community involvement on a project that will look great at the end.

Ah, very true.

Ha, Pickerel, when I read it I thought "Oh cool, a mysterious circus. That's a really interesting idea!" I fixed it though so that circus and mystery play are two seperate ideas...

~Thrash

Ah, very true.

Ha, Pickerel, when I read it I thought "Oh cool, a mysterious circus. That's a really interesting idea!" I fixed it though so that circus and mystery play are two seperate ideas...

~Thrash :tongue:

A mysterious circus sounds neat too, just not what I had in mind! :tongue:

I really like the idea of adding a library/archive.... also im interested in joining the build

The castle design poll seems to have slowed down a lot.

Should we plan to use Thrash's design? Or give it one more day or so?

The castle design poll seems to have slowed down a lot.

Should we plan to use Thrash's design? Or give it one more day or so?

I agree. I think it's an excellent idea to end the voting...

...surprise surprise. :classic:

~Thrash

Dear all,

excellent! We have a floor plan. :classic::thumbup:

Sorry for the late reply... My computer died on me again... :cry_sad:

But I've managed to kick start an older one.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Ok tentative time!

How many builds do we want, 2 or 3 groups?

I'm happy to lead one group :wacko: , Dragonator :knight: has expressed interest in leading another. KimT are you keen to lead a group?

Probably about 5-6 people for each group sounds good.

Whoever wants to incorporate the stable should expect to work with Stash2sixx. :thumbup:

I would like to build a Wizards tower personally :classic:

Lets open the next can of worms EB :oh3:

Lets open the next can of worms EB :oh3:

It's squirm time! :tongue:

I'm very excited for this. It seems more official now that we sort of have a basic layout.

Well...I want to volunteer for the kitchen! :sweet:

If you don't have problems with it I'm starting as soon as I'm done with my secret Army project! :wink:

Thanks for choosing my layout!

Before we get started building (especially if we want to do it in groups), we should probably decide roughly what each number on the layout will correspond to. Since it was my crazy idea to have 35 slots for buildings, I felt like I should come up with a list of how to fill each spot.

For reference, here is the layout:

2944727109_fe6709e4ca.jpg

1. Main Gatehouse

2. Oil Smelter

3. WILD CARD

4. Jester’s Joke Shop

5. Wizard Tower

6. Thieves Guild

7. Tavern

8. Apothecary

9. Adventures Guild

10. Bank

11. Dungeon

12. Torture Chamber

13. Mad Scientist Lab

14. Library

15. Back Gatehouse

16. Fighting Arena

17. Fletcher

18. Poleturner

19. Barracks

20. Armory

21. Blacksmith

22. Tanner

23. Stables

24. Carpenter

25. Mason’s Guild

26. Monastery

27. Church

28. Mystery Play

29. Secondary Gatehouse

30. Servants Quarters

31. Kitchen

32. Grand Hall

33. King/Queens Room

34. Guest Room

35. Dock

In the Courtyard/Other Ideas

Gardens

Statues

Gallows

Stocks

Well

Market place (kind of like 10193)

Circus

Tournament

Garderobe (medieval toilet)

For the WILD CARD at spot #3, I figured that someone might have a good idea for a building I was missing or we could just fill it with the best looking runner-up.

If we can all agree on a list of what corresponds to what, it will make the building go much smoother since each group will know exactly what to incorporate.

Let me know what you guys think!

~Thrash

Edited by Thrash

Hmmm... tough choice! :cry_sad:

I want to build things in the courtyard, but also in the castle and some of the other random things.

Here is the (tentative) list of things that I'm interested in (I'll be happy if I do two :grin: ).

~Apothecary

~Circus

~Library

~Statues, Wells Pigeons and Stuff in Courtyard

~Torture Chamber

~Dock/Wharf

~Wizard's Astronomy Tower

~A Gate

Too many choices...

:sing: Pickerel

EDIT: Thrash your plan looks great! Is there going to be any grass/water outside of the walls. Also would like to add the possibility of a garderobe (a medieval toilet) for some humor!

Edited by Pickerel

Great plan Thrash! :thumbup:

I would certainly like to try these things for starters, but I'm willing to do whatever you need me to.

Blacksmith

Some things in the Courtyard

I just had one question. On the sides of each smaller module such as the blacksmith, are we supposed to add walls on 3 sides, or just the outer one?

I think we should make an example module to show the specifics of the catwalk, height and the like.

The setup looks great guys!

So we're gonna bring all modules to the event and put 'm together? :grin:

I'd like to participate in 1 part, so let me know what you need build :wink:

Ok people, time to put your name in the hat. I will randomly draw interested builders out to assign to the groups once the leaders have confirmed.

So far we have

ISC

Dragonator

Captain Green Hair

Erdbeereis1

Pickerel

Thrash

wouwie13

Stol

Sandy

Stash2sixx = Stable

I will always update the first post whenever anything big happens too, you can view the floor plan there as well.

Once we have enough people for groups I will post the teams there too.

Cheers

ISC

Edited by I Scream Clone

Lord Dragonator reporting for overseer duty. Lets get these work teams organised. I went and bought a 5 pronged whip specially for this. :devil:

Serious now, we first need to decide which group is going to work on which part of the castle. Then we shall see who wants to do what. I am happy to work on any part of the overall model, so ISC, do you have a preference as to which part you want my group to work on?

Lord Dragonator reporting for overseer duty. Lets get these work teams organised. I went and bought a 5 pronged whip specially for this. :devil:

Serious now, we first need to decide which group is going to work on which part of the castle. Then we shall see who wants to do what. I am happy to work on any part of the overall model, so ISC, do you have a preference as to which part you want my group to work on?

I feel to start we should have the groups focus on a back corner each. That way the smaller structures can be built around a large tower/centrepiece in the corner.

Keep signing up boys and girls, and feel free to add a preference too! :thumbup: