Sign in to follow this  
sam89

2004/2005 Sets and discussion thread

So the design is exactly as Anakin's ship except yellow has been replaced with red? That's just stupid...couldn't Lucas think of another design?

G *devil*

How stupid is TLC for putting those darn colors? Plenty stupid on this one ;)

Sam is right: I thought we would have a dark red (like Obi's old JSF). Dark grey would have been nice with dark red BUT NOT with the regular red *wacko*

Lets hope its just the comic and we'll have Obi's fighter in dark red ;)

I am sure you can see that there are not any close ups of Obi's ship and it does seem kind of plain. I hope this is just a prototype and that we will see a better version (colour-wise at least).

Jon.

It could be a prototype, since it appears to have R2D2 instead of Obi-wan's droid.

i think we'll get a bright red ship, not a dark red one. there's a very clear difference between the bright red of the starfighter and the dark red of the ARC, also pictured... the trouble is that you can't change the starfighter in any color you like because of unique parts... :(

so it's from the lego magazine... so i'll assume that it's an official document and therefore correct... in other words: we'll get a starfighter in bright red, like it or not... i do :P

the suggestion that it might only be a prototype is wishfull thinking, i'm affraid... After all, it is just a copy of the yellow starfighter and we know that's no longer a prototype but the real thing...

I mean that the colours could be prototypes, and the final set will have dark red. It's not very likely, but I hope it's true.

Bright red would not make any sense if you compare the comic JSF with the JSF from ROTS ;)

Sometimes TLC and common sens don't go together: blue parts all over the Ties :|

But look at the last one and compare it to the ARC fighter, it is clearly red.

Jon.

For me it looks somehow faked / photoshopped :/ The Fighter in the last image is brighter than the others. And Obiwans Fighter is only shown very small, so maybe they (if its really an official comic) just used an edited image instead of showing the real set (which officially doesn't exist).

So maybe the real fighter will be dark red.

I just saw someone suggest that on another forum. It does seem that it could just be a photoshopped image.

Please let that nbe true, and that the real thing is gonna be darkred! :') :)

Dude, in the first pic it looks dark red.

i think you're mistaken. compare the starfighter red in the first picture with other red pieces of the tri fighter in that same picture. the red pieces of tri fighter also look darker than they really are, even though they're bright red. it's simply the entire picture that is dark, perhaps because of the scanner, i don't know. but this isn't dark red, i'm sure of it.

a nice compromise would be for tlc to produce a bright red and a dark red starfighter, tho :P

I know I'm mistaken, but I said it looked dark in the firs tpic, well, because it does, and I said dude, cos I do.

If os, can you please post pictures of them and the minifigs form them. :) .. please? 8-| :'( I'd be very grateful if you did. Thank you for your time.

if you go to the 3rd page of this topic there are pics of the new arc-170 set

I resisted to buy the wookie catamaran yesterday. The 70c$ price helped me a lot :-D

Jipay! How could you do such a thing!? *wacko* If you had bought it you could have provided the site wiht pics! And thne youd get loads mroe hits! :'(

I really want some of the sets but when do they come out in England (apart from the JSF and ARC)?

:/ :/ :/

Well i didn't realised it was not out yet for the others. And I have to save money so I resisted. And we already saw a lot of pics for this set.

Well i didn't realised it was not out yet for the others. And I have to save money so I resisted. And we already saw a lot of pics for this set.

Did you see the other sets?

I really want some of the sets but when do they come out in England (apart from the JSF and ARC)?

:/  :/  :/

They will be available at S@H on April 2nd, not sure about stores in the UK.

Argos should have them soon as they will be releaing the Spring catalogue in the next few weeks. But as for other stores, it could be a while :/ My local toymaster usually has sets quite late, and woolworths only has Bionicle and KK2.

Jon.