Sign in to follow this  
sam89

2004/2005 Sets and discussion thread

Well i like this set but as i already have a shuttle i may just buy the figs off of bricklink :)

It would probably be better to buy the whole set, as you will most likely pay more than the whole set costs justs for the figs :/

Jon.

Well i would only want the emperor and a few stormtroopers and ill wait for more to come on bricklink so that the prices come down so far it will cost $17 for the figs i want.

Well the figs is the huge thing witht the set. I collect ships and minifigs so this set is definitly what i need :-D

I just loved the idea of a blasted sandcrawler :-D

what does a blasted sandcrawer do and the figs will be 3 dead jawas a destroyed r2d2 and c3po >-|

it's all in the way you choose to use bricklink. after all, it's like any other shop. some products are more expensive, some are cheaper. To me, some one who buys bricks/sets for parts, is the bricklink the best thing that can happen. i don't need rare figs, nor dor do i want the falcon or the galaxy explorer,... i just spend 60$ on bricks i need. If i buy a set of 60$ i will always get bricks i won't be able to use. for instance, the wookie attack is only interesting to me for the technic links. All the rest, including the minifigs, is useless... In that case, it might be wiser to spend the 40 euro or so on bricklink links. Especially if i wait a couple months, when the bricklink has been flooded with these sets. price of links will be going down... or i could just wait and buy the sandcrawler...

by the way, didn't i just give you an example? 2 x 2 bricks are cheaper

Bricklink can be very useful at times, like at the moment i want the new emperor/stormtrooper figs but i dont want another shuttle so i will no doubt just buy the figs from bricklink, granted i will still have to pay more than i would like but i will save money on the shuttle.

Pardon my really stupid question:

Is Bricklink an online auction site (like e-bay), an online shop selling parts (...)?

It's primarily for buying parts. Set prices and no auctions, that is. Most stores are by Lego collectors like yourself, who want to turn their surplus pieces into money.

and its expensive for rare parts and really cheap for common parts

This Lego Star Wars Q&A says that the new MINIs will be sold outside Brickmaster, but not at retail:

Q: Recently, a Lego catalog showed a MINI Ep 3 Jedi Starfighter as part of a Brickmaster ad, so will there be Ep 3 MINI sets?

A: The set you saw will be used both for and outside of Brickmaster but not at mass retail. It is solely a promotional item.

sorry if this is slightly off topic, but will the brickmaster program be brought to Europe as well? tlc said they would think about it, but i haven't heard anything about it since then...

bricklink is the ideal free market, that, according to economists, doesn't exist in the real world. there's so much information on supply, demand and price that you can easily compare prices, price evolutions,...

there are auctions too. but beware! it's extremely tempting!

only men and women with nerves of steel survive there without buying anything... :P

So I'll visit it after buying the ISD and Imperial Inspection (+ a couple of ROTS sets) if i have money left *wacko* .

Let me tell you, 2005 is going to be the year of rice eating :-D

Thanks all you guys for these info ;)

Rice? you can afford rice?? man you sure are a lucky guy with all the new sets coming out ill be eating a healty diet of dust :-D ;)

Not really :-D , but I'll go at my parents place and grab a few packs of rice once a month, I guess that should do the trick ;)

Rice? you can afford rice?? man you sure are a lucky guy with all the new sets coming out ill be eating a healty diet of dust :-D ;)

Well usualy in france Rice is the cheapest food yan ou can buy, ever dust is more expensive. I live in the 13th district of Paris nearby china town and you can find huge bags of rice for 5 bucks (and by huge, I mean HUGE).

Pasta is also welml known to be cheap and the student's first meal *satis*

wow!!! we only needed 24 pages of posts to go from rumours about new star wars sets to eating dusts and rice rituals in Paris... jee... i think our target is way beyond visual range here...

I wonder if they'll be making more fig-pack sets for us. Especially since the new flesh-tones render all past figs incompatible, and the new stormy legs do the same for stormies...

sorry if this is slightly off topic, but will the brickmaster program be brought to Europe as well? tlc said they would think about it, but i haven't heard anything about it since then...

You guys don't want it. It sucks. The sets aren't really NEW, and it's $40.