JimBee

RotS: Things that don't make Sense

Firstly, KimT, please feel free to move this topic to Culture & Multimedia; I wasn't quite sure where this belonged.

Hello, everyone. I opened this topic to discuss some things about Revenge of the Sith. I have watched this recently for the umpteenth time, and I have noticed some things that don't make sense in it. There are only a few instances that come to mind right now, but please, add your opinions and things you noticed that were weird in RotS. I realize that it is a movie, and I may be nit-picking, but I guess I'm just a SW geek that way. :blush:

1. How did the side Jedi get so weak? In this movie, all of the Jedi except for Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mace Windu, and Yoda became so helpless and weak. It's like the Jedi stated above are the only good ones. I can think of numerous examples for this issue:

A.) Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, and Saesee Tinn all were with Mace Windu in the arresting of the Chancellor, and all three of them were killed instantly! To be fair, Tinn was caught off-guard when Palpatine did a sudden stab, but shouldn't a Jedi be prepared for that? And Kolar was cut down way too easily, as well as Fisto. And Mace would've won, but is he really that much better?

B.) Order 66. In these scenes, it showed a bunch of Jedi being shot down by their traitor Clones. Of course, they didn't sense this (explained with the excuse of "the dark side clouds everything" :hmpf:), but they could've survived for at least a little bit. Since Ki-Adi Mundi did block several shots, I'll give him credit, but the others were just slaughtered.

C.) The Younglings are way to weak, even if they are kids. In the Council Chamber, where they were all hiding, they could've all ganged up on Anakin and won, just like a grown man would be taken down by 20 or so kids if they all came at him at once.

D). While it was explained in The Phantom Menace that Anakin had the highest Midi-Chlorian (or whatever you call them) count ever seen in a life-form, it is still ridiculous how he is so worshiped by Sidious and others. He is not all powerful (no offense, Vader).

E.) While not a Jedi, I think General Grievous was more than capable of killing Obi-Wan. Four quickly spinning arms? C'mon, Obi can't block that much.

2. Ki-Adi Mundi on Mygeeto? A small nit-pick, but Mundi was on Mygeeto during the events of this movie, and that was proven by that scene in Order 66 (and BF2), as well as him being a hologram in his chair proving that he was elsewhere. But the slip-up is that when Anakin, Mace, and some other Jedi were talking to Commander Cody through hologram about Obi-Wan engaging Grievous, Mundi was also there. How can he be on Mygeeto and Coruscant at the same time? He couldn't have gonew to Coruscant and then back to Mygeeto all in the middle of the battle! This also goes for Aayla Secura, because she was at the meeting, but also in battle on Felucia! :wacko: By the way, when I mean at the meeting, they were both physicallt there, not just through hologram.

3. Wrong hand? The force can only be used though living things. This was proven in some documentaries and books, yet, when Padme arrives at Mustafar, Anakin chokes her with his mechanical hand.

EDIT: Never mind, that was only for Sith Lightning.

That's all I can think of right now, I might add pics as well as some more slip-ups when I finish the movie. I would like to know all of your opinions on these, as well as some more slip-ups that you guys found. Perhaps I'm just being a geek about it, but Lucas needs to be careful when making movies! :tongue:

Edited by JimButcher

I believe that Aayla Secura, and Ki-Adi-Mundi were on Felucia/Mygeeto. In the meeting of what your talking about, they are there in a Hologram, like Yoda and Commander Cody are on Kashyyk/Utapau. As for 1-A, Sidous is a sith lord, and my opinion is that Kit Fisto, and Agen Kolar didn't study the defences of Sidious' Lightsaber form, and only Windu knew the defences. A-B, don't diss Plo Koon, or any other Jedi. It's not nice.

And what about Stass Allie?

She was killed when she was in front of the two BARC speeders, come on, she can't do anything then do you?

Plo Koon also didn't see his attackers did he, he was killed in front of an ARC 170 Figther(s).

Aayla Secura, also didn't see the attackers at first sight, as for Ki-Adi-Mundi, he saw the attack, and tryded to defend himself, Yoda, feelded it by force and killed CC-Gree and a Kasshykk Trooper.

And the younglings?

If a migthy Clone Army is killing all your Jedi friends in the Jedi Temple and you see that, wouldn't that shock you for life that you don't even can fight against Anakin as you maybe think that he is a friend?

Greets THE-FORCE.

Edited by THE-FORCE

If you thought ROTS didn't add up right, trust me, you dont want to see the new clone wars movie...

She was killed when she was in front of the two BARC speeders, come on, she can't do anything then do you?

Plo Koon also didn't see his attackers did he, he was killed in front of an ARC 170 Figther(s).

Aayla Secura, also didn't see the attackers at first sight, as for Ki-Adi-Mundi, he saw the attack, and tryded to defend himself, Yoda, feelded it by force and killed CC-Gree and a Kasshykk Trooper.

And the younglings?

If a migthy Clone Army is killing all your Jedi friends in the Jedi Temple and you see that, wouldn't that shock you for life that you don't even can fight against Anakin as you maybe think that he is a friend?

^^ what he said ^^

I just love it when people try to justify things that just can't be :tongue:

Seriously though, people call ROTS the best of the prequels. I agree, and still hate it.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I'm just wondering how Lucas thought I'd pay money to see the last two movies after watching the one with the bad-acting kid and the black slave Binks character.

Likewise, how could one be expected to not feel embarrassed watching that "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" scene?

Yeah ROTS does have quite a few holes in it. (okay more like huge chasms) But the CGI battles and random fighting makes up for that! And Yoda. Yoda makes everything better.

I believe that Aayla Secura, and Ki-Adi-Mundi were on Felucia/Mygeeto. In the meeting of what your talking about, they are there in a Hologram, like Yoda and Commander Cody are on Kashyyk/Utapau. As for 1-A, Sidous is a sith lord, and my opinion is that Kit Fisto, and Agen Kolar didn't study the defences of Sidious' Lightsaber form, and only Windu knew the defences. A-B, don't diss Plo Koon, or any other Jedi. It's not nice.

Your absolutely right. The other three jedi who attemptrd to engage Sidious had studied conventional lightsaber forms that did not focus on the sith style of fighting. Windu, however, studied a form all his own(vaapad, a variation on Juyo). It was considered the most ruthless and vicious lightsaber form ever used by a jedi and the most similar to that of the sith. So Mace Windu anticipated the attacks as they were similar to the attacks he would have used. :grin:

It would be easier to make a topic about what does make sense! :tongue: The entire prequal trilogy doesn't fit in at all. Last year I was trying to write an essay about what I thought the prequals were initially going to be (based on what is said in the original movies), but it was harder than I expected to put together a logical reason for mine making more sense. The simple fact is there is too little time in-between 3 and 4 to explain things, but the time can't be expanded due to Luke's birth. What things? For example Obi-Wan being seen as really old ("you were in the Clone Wars?! *oh2* " ) when if anything he looks too old considering his age in number 3.

To cut a long story short, I think the original story was going to be the Jedi vs the Mandalorians. When they found their numbers were not enough they started cloning Jedis who beat the Mandalorians, but after the cloned Jedis went insane and fought the Jedis. The Jedis eventally beat their clones, but around then Papatine turned Anakin... and the rest is history. There is a lot to support my version and I'll discuss this another time. :wink:

I think that while the Prequel movies has holes in them, they did a pretty good job explaining what went on in the OT. You rag on the PT for being confusing, but think back to when people first saw the OT. They had no idea why anything was the way it was and how it got there. I think that while the PT stunk compared to the OT, it did it's job.

I'll have to watch that scene again... And I wasn't "Dissing" any Jedi, it's just that I think they could be a little more prepared.

And the younglings?

Greets THE-FORCE.

Hmm, some good points in there. But if I were a youngling, I'd go berserk and start killing every Clone in sight.

Yeah ROTS does have quite a few holes in it. (okay more like huge chasms) But the CGI battles and random fighting makes up for that! And Yoda. Yoda makes everything better.

The way I see it, all of the lightsaber battles were to attract the kids. I think the story would be a little more important than the action, considering it's the movie that bridges the OT and the PT. But yeah, the action is good.

Your absolutely right. The other three jedi who attemptrd to engage Sidious had studied conventional lightsaber forms that did not focus on the sith style of fighting. Windu, however, studied a form all his own(vaapad, a variation on Juyo). It was considered the most ruthless and vicious lightsaber form ever used by a jedi and the most similar to that of the sith. So Mace Windu anticipated the attacks as they were similar to the attacks he would have used. :grin:

It would be easier to make a topic about what does make sense! :tongue: The entire prequal trilogy doesn't fit in at all. Last year I was trying to write an essay about what I thought the prequals were initially going to be (based on what is said in the original movies), but it was harder than I expected to put together a logical reason for mine making more sense. The simple fact is there is too little time in-between 3 and 4 to explain things, but the time can't be expanded due to Luke's birth. What things? For example Obi-Wan being seen as really old ("you were in the Clone Wars?! *oh2* " ) when if anything he looks too old considering his age in number 3.

To cut a long story short, I think the original story was going to be the Jedi vs the Mandalorians. When they found their numbers were not enough they started cloning Jedis who beat the Mandalorians, but after the cloned Jedis went insane and fought the Jedis. The Jedis eventally beat their clones, but around then Papatine turned Anakin... and the rest is history. There is a lot to support my version and I'll discuss this another time. :wink:

I kind of lost you at the end, but yeah, PT doesn't really make much sense, compared to OT. I guess it's just a matter of perspective, if you think OT, PT, or the whole saga make sense. (BTW, I'm a PT fan).

Hmm, some good points in there. But if I were a youngling, I'd go berserk and start killing every Clone in sight.

That is your desicion, you also have a point.

You just need enough courage.

Greets, The-Force.

1. How did the side Jedi get so weak? In this movie, all of the Jedi except for Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mace Windu, and Yoda became so helpless and weak. It's like the Jedi stated above are the only good ones. I can think of numerous examples for this issue:

A.) Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, and Saesee Tinn all were with Mace Windu in the arresting of the Chancellor, and all three of them were killed instantly! To be fair, Tinn was caught off-guard when Palpatine did a sudden stab, but shouldn't a Jedi be prepared for that? And Kolar was cut down way too easily, as well as Fisto. And Mace would've won, but is he really that much better?

I agree with everyone else- they haven't been prepared for the sith. Most of their technique has been of deflecting blaster bolts since the sith dissapeared.

B.) Order 66. In these scenes, it showed a bunch of Jedi being shot down by their traitor Clones. Of course, they didn't sense this (explained with the excuse of "the dark side clouds everything" :hmpf:), but they could've survived for at least a little bit. Since Ki-Adi Mundi did block several shots, I'll give him credit, but the others were just slaughtered.

I think this was partly because the clones didn't feel any malice. That's how the Jedi usually sense danger, right? Malice and hatred? The clones were just fulfilling an order. Plus, they're cool like that.( :wink: ) But I do agree that Lucas always weakens cool characters when it's time for them to die. Look what happened to the clones- as soon as they went bad, their accuracy went way off and they just stood there as Obi and Yoda attacked them. :hmpf:

C.) The Younglings are way to weak, even if they are kids. In the Council Chamber, where they were all hiding, they could've all ganged up on Anakin and won, just like a grown man would be taken down by 20 or so kids if they all came at him at once.

Hmm. We don't really know any younglings, but I'd venture to say that they'd be too shocked by Anakin attacking them, since they wouldn't have known what was going on. We do, since we're seeing the movie. :tongue:

D). While it was explained in The Phantom Menace that Anakin had the highest Midi-Chlorian (or whatever you call them) count ever seen in a life-form, it is still ridiculous how he is so worshiped by Sidious and others. He is not all powerful (no offense, Vader).

Well, the Force is life-energy, right? Since Vader had a lot of his body replaced by machinery, he was really weakened...

E.) While not a Jedi, I think General Grievous was more than capable of killing Obi-Wan. Four quickly spinning arms? C'mon, Obi can't block that much.

I think the novel version of the movie by Mattew Stover explained that better- Obi has the force, he could just crush Grevious, since when it comes down to it, he's still just a machine. But like I said, Grevious, like the others, was way weakened when it was time for him to go. It's like Lucas overpowers all of them and doesn't know how to make Obi win...

2. Ki-Adi Mundi on Mygeeto? A small nit-pick, but Mundi was on Mygeeto during the events of this movie, and that was proven by that scene in Order 66 (and BF2), as well as him being a hologram in his chair proving that he was elsewhere. But the slip-up is that when Anakin, Mace, and some other Jedi were talking to Commander Cody through hologram about Obi-Wan engaging Grievous, Mundi was also there. How can he be on Mygeeto and Coruscant at the same time? He couldn't have gonew to Coruscant and then back to Mygeeto all in the middle of the battle! This also goes for Aayla Secura, because she was at the meeting, but also in battle on Felucia! :wacko: By the way, when I mean at the meeting, they were both physicallt there, not just through hologram.

I didn't notice that. I'll go check.

3. Wrong hand? The force can only be used though living things. This was proven in some documentaries and books, yet, when Padme arrives at Mustafar, Anakin chokes her with his mechanical hand.

EDIT: Never mind, that was only for Sith Lightning.

That's all I can think of right now, I might add pics as well as some more slip-ups when I finish the movie. I would like to know all of your opinions on these, as well as some more slip-ups that you guys found. Perhaps I'm just being a geek about it, but Lucas needs to be careful when making movies! :tongue:

It just annoys me that the bad guys are so cool, and they end up dying in the most pathetic manner. Maul, Jango, it goes on... and they all get dumbed down when they go up against the good guys. :sceptic:

Now that would be a good movie. :laugh:

I thought that though younglings were unarmed anyway :wacko:. I agree with everyone when they say that they dumb the villains down I mean they all die too easily. In the cartoon Grievous was owning up he took on all those jedi and in the move they just slash his hands off with ease. I thought Boba was cool until he died a dumb death right at the start of the movie. :angry:

I think that it was because the Jedi had trusted their Clone warriors too much, and let their guard down, never thinking that they would turn on them. When it came to Order 66, most Jedi had barely a minute to protect themselves from dozens of Clone troopers

They're caught off guard by Anakin (most likely). I don't think they were armed with lightsabers or anything, so they didn't have a chances.

Slash

The force unleashed does explain things but not much, the live-action tv series will be set in this time-gap though.