ARC-170 Starfighter review

Name : ARC-170 Starfighter

Number : 7259

Number of pieces : 396 pieces

Minifigures : 4 (3 figures and 1 droid)

Year of release : 2005

Price : $30 USD /

Edited by Trudop561

The pictures are way to big. You should resize them better re-size them to at least 800x600. ( It says in the rules :wink: )

The pictures are way to big. You should resize them better re-size them to at least 800x600. ( It says in the rules :wink: )

Oh thanks.

My review will not be available before tomorrow.

No you cannot make a new topic every time :hmpf_bad:

You can always "edit" a post you've made, so there's no need to make another topic on this.

Just edit the first post and make it contain the deeplinks and comments.

No you cannot make a new topic every time :hmpf_bad:

You can always "edit" a post you've made, so there's no need to make another topic on this.

Just edit the first post and make it contain the deeplinks and comments.

It's done!

Maybe you should join the Reviewers Academy and become a super-reviewer?

Maybe you should join the Reviewers Academy and become a super-reviewer?

Hum, maybe. Like you have see it I'm really not an expert of Lego reviews :grin:

But I posted it now. What do you think?

What do you think?

Copy and paste it in the first post :grin:

Picky...Picky....Picky...

Stauder.

Nice little review; mind you, does your camera have the macro function?

Do you mean the "M1" or "M2" options? If so, yes.

If it's another thing, no.

Macro usually has a little flower icon. It is useful for taking close-up shots .

A great review with lots of good details and some nice funny touches (I particularly like the Oh Oh when the gun is turned on the viewer!). :classic:

I think that people are only mentioning the pictures because the rest of the review is such high quality which means that they do stand out. Please take comments like this constructively as this is how they are meant. :sweet:

I can see from other shots that the quality is good but the close-up shots are all very blurry. You will either have a macro setting (normally a flower icon as Skipper said) or possibly you need to touch your capture button to set the focus before you press it again to take the picture. Best thing is to have a look in the manual or just have a play with the camera and compare the results.

Anyway, thanks again for the great review.

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

Great review, Troudop! I really like how you've written this review! I was waiting for someone to do a review on this set, it really is a great one. I tried to rebuild mine several times, but couldn't find the right pieces. Perhaps someday... As people have said before, some of the pics are a pain to look at, such as the astrodroid pic. But practice makes perfect!

:thumbup:

Could we concentrate on the review instead of how take good pictures???

Yes we could, but:

A. A review isn't made entirely from a bunch of pics and a conclusion.

B. A review has sharp pics.

So this isn't really a review, but merely a load of pics and a comment.

I suggest you take the course given in the Reviewers Academy on reviewing and/or read the tutorials by following the link in my sig.

Yes we could, but:

A. A review isn't made entirely from a bunch of pics and a conclusion.

B. A review has sharp pics.

So this isn't really a review, but merely a load of pics and a comment.

I suggest you take the course given in the Reviewers Academy on reviewing and/or read the tutorials by following the link in my sig.

A. I done everything a review needs : an intro (pieces, set number, etc.), different sections for the review (box, minifigs, ship), pictures, comments on each of them and a conclusion with the rating system. I don't see what I could add.

B. I know that. I'll do better next time, this was my first review and I done it a little fast.

I already subscribed to the reviewers academy and I'll begin to read the instructions tomorrow.

I consider that I have do a good review, not perfect but good.

I think it's a nice try and I'm sure you'll be happy with the Reviewers Academy. :classic:

I didn't mean to sound harsh.

I consider that I have do a good review, not perfect but good.

It´s a pretty nice review, beside a few blurry pictures, thanks Trudop561. :classic:

I don´t think that just a single standardized form of reviews is the only way to go... there´s for sure room for more than one

style. I, personally, don´t need a poll or a rating system par example at all. Some informative pics, an accurate description

and someone´s personal point of view about the strong and perhaps weak features of a set´ll do the job for me.