Jim

Technic Generic WIP / Proof of Concept Topic

7 minutes ago, Aurorasaurus said:

No worries :D

Some things I'd warn about with a system like this: 4 or 6 motors already provides plenty of torque. But also, using the fast output and gearing for more torque will get you a lower speed than the slow output. The internal ratio of the buggy motors is 17:23, 1:1.352. With lego gears that I assume one might use, you can get 20:28, 1:1.4, or 12:20, 1:1.66. So both times you're slower than the slow output, the torque gain is marginal and unnecessary, and the extra complexity from these gearings adds another failure point. I dont think they brace as nicely as 28:28. 20:28 certainly doesnt, and 12:20 does, but the pieces are physically too weak to deal with the power 2 motors.

However, thinking like this might be wrong, If you're able, doing things is the best way to learn, IMO. So go, try push that magic pole a little further. Best of luck.

I understand.

I will think about it. One thing is sure though: the model needs more power (so more work).

Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2024 at 11:22 PM, Aurorasaurus said:

In other news, I used literally every single one of my olive green liftarms...

Not sure if I'll build a chassis for this, though I did make sure it was wide enough to accommodate diff locks with independent suspension, so maybe you'll see some updates on this soon.

640x360.jpg640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg640x360.jpg

4 PF L motors for drive, 1 PF L motor for pneumatic diff locks, 1 PF servo for steering. Its fairly quick for what it is, an offroader, but I dont like it much. It also has awful approach and depart angles, I placed it on that rock. But it can climb 45 degrees no problem. If anyone wants more photos in the next day or two I will probably still have the model assembled.

Edited by Aurorasaurus
rephrase to make more sense

14 hours ago, Aurorasaurus said:

If anyone wants more photos in the next day or two I will probably still have the model assembled.

What kind of car is that going to be?

Are those Audi tires on the pictures, or something RC?

3 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

What kind of car is that going to be?

Are those Audi tires on the pictures, or something RC?

Honestly, its an excuse to use olive green parts. And yep, audi tires. I might mess around with putting one on the hood and one on the roof later too, if it looks good I'll send a photo

I thought build this 6 month before and finished 2 days before but to scary to use now. Maybe I will use it after finish my 8479 studless?

1711987112.jpg

And still need to attach motor on here.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, msk6003 said:

I thought build this 6 month before and finished 2 days before but to scary to use now. Maybe I will use it after finish my 8479 studless?

1711987112.jpg

And still need to attach motor on here.

Is it a really complicated winch? Whats the big custom track for?

Edited by Aurorasaurus

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Aurorasaurus said:

It's not a winch or custom track, it's a ring that tightens inward.

Side on the picture is outside.

Edited by msk6003

Well, I finally built a bodywork I don't absolutely hate for my 26km/h car:

640x360.jpg640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg640x360.jpg

So while I don't actively despise it, looking at it from above is not pleasant. But at this point I'm just happy to have not torn the rear suspension apart and turned it into a trophy truck. I suppose that'll be next. It doesn't need the rubber bands on the suspension, but I like the extra bounce they give it.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions, are most welcome and appreciated.

2 hours ago, Aurorasaurus said:

Well, I finally built a bodywork I don't absolutely hate for my 26km/h car:

640x360.jpg640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg640x360.jpg

So while I don't actively despise it, looking at it from above is not pleasant. But at this point I'm just happy to have not torn the rear suspension apart and turned it into a trophy truck. I suppose that'll be next. It doesn't need the rubber bands on the suspension, but I like the extra bounce they give it.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions, are most welcome and appreciated.

Nice job here @Aurorasaurus. If it is a speed breaker, I would suggest checking different tires. Those rubber 3rd party ones are heavier than Legos. Of course, for a potential speed breaker run, I would suggest removing the spare tire. :D Other than that it looks like it has the own style and on top of that it should be robust enough to handle any stress, good job.

4 hours ago, Krxlion said:

Nice job here @Aurorasaurus. If it is a speed breaker, I would suggest checking different tires. Those rubber 3rd party ones are heavier than Legos. Of course, for a potential speed breaker run, I would suggest removing the spare tire. :D Other than that it looks like it has the own style and on top of that it should be robust enough to handle any stress, good job.

Its hardly a world record breaker lol, the buwizz team got 60km/h...

As for the weight of the tires, in my hands they feel lighter than the same diameter lego ones. They're from a chinese manufacturer called "Injora" if anyone's curious, I found them at a great bargain on aliexpress. Anyway, thanks for the praise!

On 4/4/2024 at 5:41 AM, Aurorasaurus said:

It works like this.