LM71Blackbird

[COR - TC - CAT A] Strange Weather, Quinnsville

Strange Weather, Quinnsville

Reports from all over the Brick Seas have been coming in about strange weather patterns and higher-than-usual losses at sea due to sudden storms. This has troubled the scientists at the Corrington Parliament of Science who have begun scrambling around for an answer to these questions. In Quinnsville, Mayor Richard Brickford has been doing what he can to assist in finding a solution. 

53603108569_d73421e210_c.jpgIsland Tower 1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Shortly after Mayor Brickford came to Quinnsville in 619, a new lighthouse was erected. The existing lighthouse (which was in sorry shape) was abandoned at the time. 

53603236240_d1453be357_c.jpgIsland Tower 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Most recently, the structure has been renovated and turned into a weather station off the coast of Cocovia in hopes of perhaps deciphering these abnormal weather patterns. Mayor Brickford has decided to pay the keeper and scientist stationed there a visit and see what information is available to relay back to King's Harbour.

53603236225_8f3f6e3af1_c.jpgIsland Tower 3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

With the help of a young apprentice (who is slightly apprehensive about the whole matter), Tobias Winterbottom leads the charting of the weather, high in the tower. They are making use of kites in order to chart wind direction and the force of the wind. Mr. Winterbottom was originally in Brickford Landing documenting the flora and fauna of the island, but when the Lotii war broke out on El Oleonda, he was on the first ship out to safer settlements.

53603236230_9ebd8fb7c5_c.jpgIsland Tower 4 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

With the weather station now in full use, they are hopeful that something useful will be discovered and Quinnsville and the rest of the Brick Seas can prepare for it.

----------------------------------

My submission for Category A of the Transition Challenge. C&C is welcome and appreciated.

If there are no objections, I'll probably license as a medium artisan at some point.

Great vertical tower! I like that thick water base, too

Posted (edited)

Very beautiful island with a tower as a weather station! The transition from a round tower to a square platform on the top floor is well constructed. I like the plants and trees. As long as the parrots are sitting on the palm trees, there is no storm nearby. :pir_laugh2:

Edited by NOD

On 3/23/2024 at 9:48 PM, evancelt said:

Great vertical tower! I like that thick water base, too

Thanks! I really wanted to do something besides a square base!

On 3/24/2024 at 7:02 AM, NOD said:

Very beautiful island with a tower as a weather station! The transition from a round tower to a square platform on the top floor is well constructed. I like the plants and trees. As long as the parrots are sitting on the palm trees, there is no storm nearby. :pir_laugh2:

Thanks NOD!