LM71Blackbird

[COR - FB1] Quinnsville Lighthouse - Made with Real Bricks!!!

Quinnsville Lighthouse

43815324521_245390f9f7_b.jpgLighthouse 1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

With the rapid growth in Quinnsville after getting a new mayor appointed, a lighthouse was erected to help guide ships safely into the harbor. Mayor Richard Brickford is visiting the new structure and meeting the lighthouse keeper who will be responsible for keeping the flame burning.

29945813518_e6fbcb55eb_c.jpgLighthouse 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

43815323171_844c67e328_c.jpgLighthouse 3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

While the Mayor strikes up a conversation with the keeper, a Corrington solider from nearby Fort Annetta unloads some supplies for the lighthouses new inhabitant.

---------------------------------------

I recently went through a huge brick purge (Getting rid of everything not LEGO) and a mass organization of all by bricks. From that comes my first build for BoBs made out of real bricks! Expect more builds of this type in the future. C&C are welcome and apprecieated and thanks for looking! This will be a medium Artisan for Quinnsville.

More pic from different angles in the spoiler:

Spoiler

Looking good! That's a lovely build, the lighthouse is very well built.

9 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Lovely lighthouse, sir! Kudos for using real bricks.

Thanks Ross!

8 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

Looks really nice, I like the overall shape of the lighthouse. Nice details throughout,  good job! 

Thank you! After seeing a couple of square ones, I wanted to try something a little different with the shape. Glad you like it!

3 hours ago, Bodi said:

Looking good! That's a lovely build, the lighthouse is very well built.

Thanks Bodi!

I like it very convincing

are the 45s just built on jumper plates? 

Edit: i think I just spotted the hinge brick lol

Edited by Roadmonkeytj

21 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I like it very convincing

are the 45s just built on jumper plates? 

Edit: i think I just spotted the hinge brick lol

Thank you! Yep, you guessed! The angling is done with 6 hinge bricks around the bottom. I would've done the top too, but didn't have enough.

Nice lighthouse! I like your use of vegetation, and the lantern is simple but great.

PS Do not include too much rhum in the supplies, a sad keeper is better than a drunk one!  :grin:

Cool build it is just the right amount of details and the structure is set up realistic. Keep up the realbrickbuilds ;D

10 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Nice lighthouse! I like your use of vegetation, and the lantern is simple but great.

PS Do not include too much rhum in the supplies, a sad keeper is better than a drunk one!  :grin:

Thank you!

Lol, agreed!

7 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Cool build it is just the right amount of details and the structure is set up realistic. Keep up the realbrickbuilds ;D

Thank you! Yes, I will be mixing more real MOCs in with my LDD builds!

Fantastic little lighthouse!

I like how you managed to make a rounded shape! I thought about it when buildning my own, but couldn't come up with a good solution, guess i should have asked you.

The details on the top part as well as the light are also nice! and the little pier and cliffs are well done.

The flag looks a bit oversized, though :)

I look forward to seeing more real brick builds!

1 hour ago, Flavius Gratian said:

Fantastic little lighthouse!

I like how you managed to make a rounded shape! I thought about it when buildning my own, but couldn't come up with a good solution, guess i should have asked you.

The details on the top part as well as the light are also nice! and the little pier and cliffs are well done.

The flag looks a bit oversized, though :)

I look forward to seeing more real brick builds!

Thank you! Over time I expanded it to include the pier and add some extra foliage to the build, and yeah, the flag does look a little large! More real brick builds to come!

Excellent lighthouse and scene in general. The dock, row boat, and minifig activity bring the scene to life. :thumbup:

And I'll always have a preference for builds from real bricks. While some of the digital builds are spectacular, I enjoy the physical builds more. Well done.

4 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Excellent lighthouse and scene in general. The dock, row boat, and minifig activity bring the scene to life. :thumbup:

And I'll always have a preference for builds from real bricks. While some of the digital builds are spectacular, I enjoy the physical builds more. Well done.

Thanks Capt Wolf! I hope to spend more time using physical bricks in the future. I already have another build ready for photographing so stay tuned!

About time you got your fingers dirty with some real bricks! :pir-tongue: Great to see, and you did excellent with this lighthouse build. Very neat, corrish and practical. I'm not a huge fan of the water though, but it's a small criticism :classic:

Now don't go crawling back to LDD, except to make us some class 10s! :pir-laugh:

12 hours ago, Mesabi said:

About time you got your fingers dirty with some real bricks! :pir-tongue: Great to see, and you did excellent with this lighthouse build. Very neat, corrish and practical. I'm not a huge fan of the water though, but it's a small criticism :classic:

Now don't go crawling back to LDD, except to make us some class 10s! :pir-laugh:

Ha ha! Thanks! I agree the water is not the greatest, but I had to work with what I had...

Until I get my hands on some more bricks eventually, I'll have to use LDD for medium, large, and royal builds. But have no fear, real bricks are here to stay!