Johnny_Thunderstruck

great mixed lot (castle, pirates)

Posted (edited)

I just want so share my intense joy with someone who can understand it.

This mixed lot of Lego I got yesterday from a publicly visible online offer.

Still can't believe I payed only 50€ for all of this! (this price was even stated as negotiable).

Sometimes you simply have to act fast to collect such a treasure, I guess.

Who can spot some unique parts which belong to specific sets? Besides the sails, flag, printed lurp, arches and panels and of course the raised baseplate - I already figured out those.

53603492218_b478614459_k.jpg20240321_213928 by pendentif, auf Flickr

53602411207_2fad03ce8c_k.jpg20240322_112219 by pendentif, auf Flickr

53602403977_f711d3072a_k.jpg20240321_224418 by pendentif, auf Flickr

Edited by Johnny_Thunderstruck

Someone's a so-called "lucky bastard".

• Now go do some nice things with your luck. :pir-triumph:

Blue dome with sticker is from the Spyrius base, the other trans parts are probably from Insectoids, and the blue castle wall piece was in a small Castle ship.

I would love to find a lot like that at a reasonable price.  Over here that would go for well over several hundred dollars if not more.  I watched an Auction for one of the Knights Kingdom Castles that was missing the minifigs & it was already at around $200 when I saw it with about a day left to go on the auction.  I've stumbled on a few interesting bits & pieces when someone in one of my LUG's brings in old lots to sift through that they've already taken what they want.  I never find anything listed when I look that seems remotely such a great bargain.  I think there are too many collectors in my area that manage to snap up all the awesome deals.  I get grief at home whenever I buy an auction Lot and the last one unfortunately had about a gazillion nano blocks mixed in with the few interesting parts I spied in the auction pictures.  All the old Palm Leaves were all broken when I received it.  I did ge a few interesting parts out of it but I still haven't gotten around to really going through it after the cleaning I put it through.

The pink/rose lattice pieces, the light yellow turret walls, some of the curved bricks, and the oddly shaped white one by the trans-red parts bin it are Belville. The odd white one is from a coach (5827 or 5877). Great haul for an outstanding price.

BrickScan can help identify where some of those parts came from, It's made identifying parts so much easier for me. I'm having a hard time tracking down which Castle set came with the large orange wheels. :tongue:

But like the others have said, that's an awesome find and overall more excited for you than jealous of you.

The double dragon wall and arch are either from Fire Breathing Fortress or Majisto's Tower.