James_Bangying

10 studs wide version of The Orient Express Train

Posted (edited)

This is my first time using Studio to generate instructions. I didn't just simply increase the width of the chassis and roof to achieve a width of 10 studs; I also redesigned the doors between the carriages, using part number 4181, which is a 4-stud wide door. Similarly, I widened and improved the walls inside the carriages to ensure there are no flaws. In a few days, I plan to continue improving the compartments inside the carriages to make them into truly separate rooms, while also leaving a 2-stud wide corridor, just like the real Orient Express.

This is also my first time posting in this forum. Why does this forum restrict me to only posting extremely small images? I had to compress them multiple times before I could successfully post. Where should I upload the instruction manual and .io files?

62_1x (1) (1) (2) (1).png

Edited by JopieK
We try to post in English as much as possible to keep EB readable for everyone.

52 minutes ago, James_Bangying said:

This is also my first time posting in this forum. Why does this forum restrict me to only posting extremely small images? I had to compress them multiple times before I could successfully post. Where should I upload the instruction manual and .io files?

EB is not a file hosting site - the image size limit is intended for avatars, I believe. You can host the pictures on sites like Flickr or Brickshelf and embed them here using BBcode. But if you want somewhere to upload instructions and/or Stud.io files, then Rebrickable might be your best bet.

Posted (edited)

It looks good, but Eurobricks isn't meant to host images. Use Flickr, Instagram, Bricksafe, or somewhere else to host them. Then you link them into your post (there are guides in the new member section for how to do this)

EDIT: Ninja'd by @TeddytheSpoon!

Edited by Murdoch17

@James_Bangying. Welcome to EB in general and Train Tech in particular. Thanks for sharing the design. I would use brick shelf for putting images. It is a somewhat ancient site but does the job well.

3 hours ago, JopieK said:

@James_Bangying. Welcome to EB in general and Train Tech in particular. Thanks for sharing the design. I would use brick shelf for putting images. It is a somewhat ancient site but does the job well.

If I remember correctly, Brickshelf is no longer accepting new users though, @JopieK...

3 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

If I remember correctly, Brickshelf is no longer accepting new users though, @JopieK...

Hmm you are totally correct. I didn't notice that before. Well than not Brickshelf :p

2 hours ago, JopieK said:

Hmm you are totally correct. I didn't notice that before. Well than not Brickshelf :p

Bricksafe is the best free alternative if you don't want to use Flickr.

16 hours ago, Jim said:

Bricksafe is the best free alternative if you don't want to use Flickr.

Thanks Jim. We finally put our signature on the builders contract (using concrete/stone instead of LEGO bricks :)) to get an extension to the house with a LEGO cellar so that I hopefully within a year can take the LEGO from the warehouse and start building a nice layout.