Sign in to follow this  
BrynnOfCastlegate

[SPC] Cat A - Icelanders and Spyrates

Here are the hardy Icelanders and their nemesis the cunning Spyrates.

Icelanders%20and%20Spyrates%202.jpg

The Icelanders live in a frozen paradise, spending their time exploring glaciers, making snow angels and hiding treasure in ice caves.

Icelanders.jpg

For protection against thieving Spyrates, they have ice spears and a saw bow.

Icelanders%20Rear.jpg

They also have head lamps for exploring dark ice caves and a communications backpack for staying connected to the base.

Spyrates.jpg

The Spyrates have been spying on the Icelanders and they want that treasure! The charming droid captain and his robo-parrot P011-y have a treasure datacard that will lead them straight to it. They are accompanied by their crew with a handheld laser cannon and a torch sabre.

I like those Icelanders and Spyrates! They look like characters straight from a Lego comic. I would have loved that as a kid. As was mentioned before, great mix of themes! :kahuka:

Posted (edited)

I like the mashup here, as well as the representation of the different themes. I wonder if there are other less obvious 90s era minifig elements that could have allowed some more variation or color blocking for each of the individual characters—I feel like you could have created more distinct individual characters while still clearly referencing a pair of space+pirate subthemes. For example, the red Kahuka mask and the torso on your red droid figure could look really neat together—similar to the all-over red Kahuka fig in kritch's Throne/Surface Hopper, which stood out to me as a memorable aspect of that build.

Edited by nu_montag