Sign in to follow this  
Stoertebricker

[MOC] Grey Hawk - Bermuda Sloop with Leeboard

Hi seamates!
it took quite a while but I finally have build a long planned project using the old dark grey hull pieces!

It was planned in a quite dark colour scheme but I stumbled upon the Orc-ship sail...

The Grey Hawk
A Bermuda Sloop with dutch leeboards, very well suited for shallow waters, so it fits perfect for an ambush and plundering wrecks:

53554178023_1496768dc1_c.jpg

Instead of strings i used all diefferent type of bars for the rigging, works out better than expected and the sails keep their position.

53553126187_9d1bcae3d5_c.jpg

The leeboards are raised on the luv side and lowered on the lee side to avoid sidedrift.

[image]

I have already presented the crew:

[image]

I was thinking about changing the leeboards colour from black to dark red, what do you think?

See you next time when having a party with the dry fallen Grey Hawk at low tide!
Störtebricker

Edited by Stoertebricker

A very beautiful sloop! I haven't seen ships with leeboards here often. I would leave the leeboards black because otherwise there would be too much red. I also like the crew, it's better not to mess with them.

A fine ship! Great to see a ship with leeboards (We once spent a vacation week sailing on a leeboard ship. No Bermuda Sloop though :pir-grin:)!

As for the color of the leeboards, i think black looks fine but red would make them more visible and distinctive.

And as i have said in the other thread - i love your crew :pir-triumph:

On 2/27/2024 at 4:38 PM, NOD said:

A very beautiful sloop! I haven't seen ships with leeboards here often. I would leave the leeboards black because otherwise there would be too much red. I also like the crew, it's better not to mess with them.

On 2/28/2024 at 3:11 AM, Yperio_Bricks said:

A fine ship! Great to see a ship with leeboards (We once spent a vacation week sailing on a leeboard ship. No Bermuda Sloop though :pir-grin:)!

As for the color of the leeboards, i think black looks fine but red would make them more visible and distinctive.

And as i have said in the other thread - i love your crew :pir-triumph:

Thanks, both of you! I will stay with black for now, probably when I need some other parts I can add them. It also fits better my style to build with real bricks from my storage and not plan first and then buy all the needed parts...

Great that you like the crew! I think the colours used  fit quite good even thoug the parts are very different.