Sign in to follow this  
PxChris

Classic treasure map - vector image

Does anybody know if a vector (or very high definition jpg/png) image has been recreated of the classic Pirates treasure map?

I've been searching around, but haven't found one yet. I am hoping to look at using it as a background to signage I'm making for my next big convention display coming up.

(Alternatively - if anyone has any suggestions for other backgrounds that definitely scream Classic LEGO Pirates I'd love to hear them. Parchment style paper is one I'm looking at.)

Thanks!

If you have access to a scanner, try to scan desired tile with highest DPI on scanner. I did same and print on 20x20 canvas for test and i get quite good result.

Edited by chofus

It's not a vector file, but I've found Ninjatoe's papercraft map files to be extremely useful for higher quality map graphics.

As for other backgrounds, the back of the Skull's Eye Schooner instructions has been a godsend because it has the parchment map design used for classic Pirates, but it is otherwise devoid of graphics save for a corner image that can easily be photoshopped out.

Canva also has a number of great design elements that can be used to emulate historical designs. 

Thank you @TalonCard super helpful!!

Do you know of a better quality scan of the SES instructions than the commonly available set online?

Just to share the resources with other interested parties, I also found this graphic from the Pirates III line which is quite nice as well.

LEGO Pirates III (2015) Treasure map

https://www.flickr.com/photos/75447641@N05/16095377407/in/photostream/

On 2/21/2024 at 8:06 AM, PxChris said:

Just to share the resources with other interested parties, I also found this graphic from the Pirates III line which is quite nice as well.

Thank ye - that is most useful!

Hey @PxChris if you can hook me up with a good quality photo/scan of the map you want I can create a vector file from it

@zinnn thanks for the offer, but I've got it worked out for this year. Out of all the options, the classic map piece just didn't work out well for my needs.

The graphic from the back of the SES was really good, but overall, the map image from Pirates III I shared above just looked the best overall.

I'll be sharing all of my convention signage along with my full post on the con setup sometime next week probably (the convention starts in just a couple days).