Sign in to follow this  
AmperZand

New Classic Space set - Micro Rocket Launchpad

A Classic Space set is being released! It appears to be slightly smaller than minifigure scale and will include two brand new space babies: one in blue and one in white.

The set will include a rocket & launchpad, a base station, a small flyer and an all terrain vehicle/rocket transporter. 

It’ll be a ‘gift with purchase’. The spend threshold is $200 (£180?). The timing seems to be 16 to 25 February for insiders Insiders (VIPs) and 19 to 25 February for everyone else.

Brickset’s review

New Elementary’s review

Tiago Catarino’s review

Edited by AmperZand
Added links to reviews

I saw this earlier in my feed, and got really excited for it.

Then when I zoomed in and saw it was babies, my first thought was this was an early April Fool's joke...but then it set in.

Yeah, I gotta pass on this. I really don't like when they gimmick up a good rerelease with something silly. It'll have it's audience, but I wish they would have just released something a little more standard.

I would prefer minifigs but I'm fine with the babies.

I'm assuming this set will include stickers for all the logos which will kill most of my excitement. 

1 hour ago, Doddsino said:

I saw this earlier in my feed, and got really excited for it.

Then when I zoomed in and saw it was babies, my first thought was this was an early April Fool's joke...but then it set in.

Yeah, I gotta pass on this. I really don't like when they gimmick up a good rerelease with something silly. It'll have it's audience, but I wish they would have just released something a little more standard.

It may portend a minifigure scale Classic Space set. LEGO sometimes releases a smaller version or similarly themed set ahead of or at the same time as a larger one, e.g. the tennis shoe and the small GWP tennis shoe.

40 minutes ago, danth said:

I'm assuming this set will include stickers for all the logos which will kill most of my excitement. 

When I saw the picture, I assumed stickers too. However, if they’re prints, that would indicate that the printed parts will be reappearing in another set - which would probably be Classic Space.

1 hour ago, AmperZand said:

When I saw the picture, I assumed stickers too. However, if they’re prints, that would indicate that the printed parts will be reappearing in another set - which would probably be Classic Space.

So definitely stickers.

18 hours ago, danth said:

You know, GWPs are NOT sticker-free. So I  maintain my hype level very low.

Forest Hideou won a sticker-free status.