CDKiii

minifig inspired bustes

Hello,

i didn't know where to post it, so i try here.

Loving lego is awesome, except when you don't have the same tastes that your second half, speaking of living room decoration. I had to remove my minifig army from the bookshelf, my wife was affraid to be attacked by night by some fierce napoleonic tiny hussars.

But i didn't give up, wanted to show my love for lego and history, i designed and printed some artistic bustes, reminding minifigs.

JOAN OF ARC53465641699_97c251178f.jpgMinifigure joan of arc buste by LA BRIQUE  DE CAMBRONNE, sur Flickr

NAPOLEON, JOAN OF ARC and FRENCH LEGIONNAIRE53465513108_83e66b2113.jpgMinifig inspired bustes by LA BRIQUE  DE CAMBRONNE, sur Flickr

What are your thoughts?

These bustes look great. The Legionnaire is my favorite! Did you paint them? They have a metallic look.

Thank you both.

yes, i painted them. I used a sculpture technic applying lighter acrylic coats before the last one was fully dry.

then, dry brush of gold paint and TADAH...

still working of a butes series

Genral Cambronne was the commander in chief of the infantry division of the imperial guard at the WATERLOO battle. He is famous for answering to the suurender proposal of the Brits by "MERDE" (or shit in english), then "la garde meure mais ne se rend pas" (the guard die but never surrender).

53476593525_e47784de90.jpgCambronne's minifig buste by LA BRIQUE  DE CAMBRONNE, sur Flickr

And the one who doesn't need to be presented,

our  emperor of EUROBRICK @Bonaparte

53473267568_7f28644622.jpgFrench heroes minifig bustes by LA BRIQUE  DE CAMBRONNE, sur Flickr

(more to come)

Edited by CDKiii
broken link

hello girls and guys,

i add 2 new ones to the collection

The french cuirassier   53511570755_79d94f1c73.jpgBuste cuirassier by LA BRIQUE  DE CAMBRONNE, sur Flickr

and the infamous general LASALLE, well known for his quote: "any hussar who is not dead by 30 is a good-for-nothing" (he died by 34)

53534492704_343a60430e.jpgBuste de lasalle by LA BRIQUE  DE CAMBRONNE, sur Flickr

53534356388_e50420c8bf.jpgBuste de lasalle by LA BRIQUE  DE CAMBRONNE, sur Flickr

I hope you like them even if they are not made with bricks.

Edited by CDKiii