NoEXIST

RC Deck - Performance Power Supply With Radio Control

3 hours ago, NoEXIST said:

First part is correct, but the second isn't really. In this case these ports just have to be connected to receiver to make 2 and 4 channel work(or maybe you can connect it differently) but all the servos might be connected to receiver. Mainly RCDeck becoming an ESC

Ok, so the only way to put a Geekservo in the case of an external receiver is to connect the servos to the receiver, right?

1 hour ago, Lixander said:

Ok, so the only way to put a Geekservo in the case of an external receiver is to connect the servos to the receiver, right?

Correct 

On 4/14/2024 at 9:53 PM, NoEXIST said:

Uh, you mean this one, this one is bigger than I could fit

That must be a pretty small receiver then!

connect external receiver to ESC's through ports i invented for servos

Is that some technological novelty? Would that mean connecting the receiver through a cable, or is it a more direct connection, something like in RCBrick on the bottom? That's kind of an interesting solution, though not sure how many receivers it is compatible with.

However, next step for me is making this exact brick, but one stud shorter.

That sounds good, you mean it would be shorter because of the removed receiver?

I'm now using mine transmitter with two different receivers, you don't need to rebind them, just once you connect the transmitter first time.

Interesting to know, I'll test that!

impressive project! so far ive just 3d printed a little box to house my electronic bits and solder some wires to act as "ports" that I can connect to when making servo stuff or left it in the open held by rubberbands lol this will be quite an interesting project! (currently I use a radiomaster pocket controller)

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, glowytheglowbug said:

impressive project! so far ive just 3d printed a little box to house my electronic bits and solder some wires to act as "ports" that I can connect to when making servo stuff or left it in the open held by rubberbands lol this will be quite an interesting project! (currently I use a radiomaster pocket controller)

Actually making everything separate and connectible is even more advanced method:)

16 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Is that some technological novelty? Would that mean connecting the receiver through a cable

It's just to solder things a little bit differently. But yes, exactly, this will allow every receiver to use.

That sounds good, you mean it would be shorter because of the removed receiver?

Yep, I already tried to make shorter version. But there's quite a lot things to make, so it will be done a little bit later:)

Interesting to know, I'll test that!

More on this topic, one customer asked me about connecting 2 receivers to one transmitter at the time. I tried  it yesterday and I have to say it kinda worked!

Edited by NoEXIST

Amazing project, well done! Would your receiver work with any remote control that does not look like a pistol? I am looking for something small and easy for the kids. Thanks!

11 hours ago, wower said:

Amazing project, well done! Would your receiver work with any remote control that does not look like a pistol? I am looking for something small and easy for the kids. Thanks!

In usual version it will only work with Dumborc transmitters. But they are only pistol looking as far as I know. Different transmitters can be used but only (size restrictions) with modified version as mentioned few posts earlier. 

P.S. pistol looking remote control can also be smaller as Dumborc x6pm is

shame, i prefer normal remote (small) - so back to mouldking with their cheap remote/receiver (incl. battery) I guess.. if something like this was ever produced anywhere in better quality (and more volt power) I'd be so happy