NoEXIST

RC Deck - Performance Power Supply With Radio Control

26 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Glad to hear it's working well!

And yes, that front rim does look quite nice!

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, Lixander said:

Nice!

Also, that front rim looks good, is it your design?

Thanks! Yes, it is did it using Lambo Gallardo Cordelia rim "blueprint"

4 minutes ago, NoEXIST said:

Thanks! Yes, it is did it using Lambo Gallardo Cordelia rim "blueprint"

I see. Looks accurate though.

Today is the day I finally got my order from Cada and got good news about RCDeck. It was another soldering session, but the motors are ready! 

1280x1280.jpg

There's a little 25 seconds long video from testing (I'm bad at driving with one hand)

Results of the test are really good, even my small battery is able to cope with 4 buggy motors for more than 15min. But tests ended earlier than something happened to RCDeck, battery or motors. I hit a curb with my wheel so...

1280x1707.jpg

I'll continue with these tests, at least I have to know how it goes with the body, and what top speed is

P.S. this model uses these custom parts: RCDeck, shortened Cada CV joints, beared hubs and wheels as you can see😁

1 hour ago, NoEXIST said:

Today is the day I finally got my order from Cada and got good news about RCDeck. It was another soldering session, but the motors are ready! 

1280x1280.jpg

There's a little 25 seconds long video from testing (I'm bad at driving with one hand)

Results of the test are really good, even my small battery is able to cope with 4 buggy motors for more than 15min. But tests ended earlier than something happened to RCDeck, battery or motors. I hit a curb with my wheel so...

1280x1707.jpg

I'll continue with these tests, at least I have to know how it goes with the body, and what top speed is

P.S. this model uses these custom parts: RCDeck, shortened Cada CV joints, beared hubs and wheels as you can see😁

Looks promising! Did you switch all the PF cables to jst in the motors? 

Is your rcdeck compatible with other receivers? I have a flysky. 

9 hours ago, ITSDEEKAY said:

Looks promising! Did you switch all the PF cables to jst in the motors? 

Is your rcdeck compatible with other receivers? I have a flysky. 

I left the PF connectors, I had to replace cada connectors with pf as they don't have PF version anymore. 

About other receivers, this version uses small receiver from Dumborc and I don't think I'll be able to put bigger flysky receivers inside. But I have in mind version that will have receiver outside of the box for those who wants to use their receivers.

This is awesome! I'm wondering if test units will be available for order :D The all in one package looks good for small models, mini crawlers and such. I was wanting a buwizz but I think this is an even better option!

Just now, AutoBacon said:

This is awesome! I'm wondering if test units will be available for order :D The all in one package looks good for small models, mini crawlers and such. I was wanting a buwizz but I think this is an even better option!

Haha, you saved me from writing the exact same...

So big #2 on this - I am happy to spend money on supporting projects like this!

3 hours ago, AutoBacon said:

I'm wondering if test units will be available for order

Test units? You guys want to order exact one I'm testing? It has appearance issue that I want to fix before opening order. 

Btw, you can start thinking about who wants this version, I'll order the components after a while 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NoEXIST said:

Btw, you can start thinking about who wants this version, I'll order the components after a while 

Well, I need to think how many savings I will go into ://

Apart from that, glad that the Deck is powerful enough to withstand 4x buggy motors.

Also, I didnt understand exactly: did you ordered the buggy motors with the ”crystal connector”, how CaDa names the PU plug?

If yes, can you tell me if the motors work well with the PU plug connected to a PU hub?, because there is just 1x (negative) review on the official CaDa website on the buggy motors with the PU connector and one of my friends wasnt sure if it should order them or try an adapter from AliExpress.

Edited by Lixander

28 minutes ago, Lixander said:

Apart from that, glad that the Deck is powerful enough to withstand 4x buggy motors.

Is this still true ?

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, NoEXIST said:

I think so.

Edited by Lixander

1 hour ago, Lixander said:

Also, I didnt understand exactly: did you ordered the buggy motors with the ”crystal connector”, how CaDa names the PU plug?

If yes, can you tell me if the motors work well with the PU plug connected to a PU hub?, because there is just 1x (negative) review on the official CaDa website on the buggy motors with the PU connector and one of my friends wasnt sure if it should order them or try an adapter from AliExpress.

I'm pretty sure the CADA plug is completely separate from the PU plug, and is instead a proprietary connection. It is annoying that they'd be entirely different, but I think they felt they had to for copyright reasons

1 hour ago, Lixander said:

Well, I need to think how many savings I will go into ://

I will calculate the price soon and tell there!

Yeah, I ordered motors with "crystal connector" and some cables. Now its PF version. These connectors are completely different to PU connectors. I also didn't found adapters for these connectors on AliExpress.

1 hour ago, oracid said:

Is this still true ?

Tests showed that RCDeck is able to do it. But as I mentioned its better to use Y cables not to melt PF connectors.

34 minutes ago, everybrickasculpture said:

I'm very interested in getting my hands on this asap, and can go ahead and pay up front to help with development costs.  Might be helpful for testing too.

Glad to hear that. I will inform about the price as soon as I find out how expensive all the components will be! 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I'm pretty sure the CADA plug is completely separate from the PU plug, and is instead a proprietary connection. It is annoying that they'd be entirely different, but I think they felt they had to for copyright reasons

I see :/ Thanks for letting me know

1 hour ago, NoEXIST said:

I will calculate the price soon and tell there!

Yeah, I ordered motors with "crystal connector" and some cables. Now its PF version. These connectors are completely different to PU connectors. I also didn't found adapters for these connectors on AliExpress.

I see. I referred to adapters from PF motors to a PU hub. There are some on AliExpress, but I am not sure if they really work due to the differences between the PF and PU and the simple way of production of the adapters (usually just soldering PU cable with another PF cable).

Edited by Lixander

24 minutes ago, Lixander said:

I see. I referred to adapters from PF motors to a PU hub. There are some on AliExpress, but I am not sure if they really work due to the differences between the PF and PU and the simple way of production of the adapters (usually just soldering PU cable with another PF cable).

PU Connector uses 6 contacts, 2 of them are the same as 2 contacts in PF (PF motors itself use only 2 middle contacts, that's why RCDeck got only 2 contacts for PF ports - it don't have to power old IR receivers and it's not built for PF servo)

So these adapters might work, you'll get just a "dumb" motor as PU M is

10 hours ago, NoEXIST said:

PU Connector uses 6 contacts, 2 of them are the same as 2 contacts in PF (PF motors itself use only 2 middle contacts, that's why RCDeck got only 2 contacts for PF ports - it don't have to power old IR receivers and it's not built for PF servo)

So these adapters might work, you'll get just a "dumb" motor as PU M is

I see. I think that the friend who wants to use the buggy motors with the Technic PU hub wouldnt mind too much. Thanks a lot for the clarification!

58 minutes ago, Lixander said:

I see. I think that the friend who wants to use the buggy motors with the Technic PU hub wouldnt mind too much. Thanks a lot for the clarification!

Actually, maybe he should. PU system doesn't have that powerful motors, so I can't guarantee that PU hubs will handle the motor

17 hours ago, NoEXIST said:

Test units? You guys want to order exact one I'm testing? It has appearance issue that I want to fix before opening order. 

For me, I don't mind if all the wires don't fully fit in the deck. My original goal is to see if your set up is able to run mutiple buggy motors without compromise of damage to the motors! 

29 minutes ago, NoEXIST said:

Actually, maybe he should. PU system doesn't have that powerful motors, so I can't guarantee that PU hubs will handle the motor

Oke :cry_sad:

I'm finally able to say something about price:)

- Version with built in receiver: 

Complete RCDeck without battery and transmitter(receiver included in deck) will cost about ~60€ + shipping (depends on where it goes, 10-25€ would say)

In personal messages, it will be possible to more accurately identify the final cost specifically for you (cases when you need a transmitter or battery and their availability)

- Version with external receiver: 

Need to be done, but the price will be lower by the price of the receiver/transmitter

In this case price will be ~50€ + shipping

I bet other accessories will be probably chosen yourself in this case :D

Don't be afraid to ask questions if I forgot about something!

I am very interested.
I discovered this subject recently. I read everything a little quickly, allow me to ask questions that may have already been discussed.
What is the receiver and transmitter in the version with the receiver included?

4 minutes ago, oracid said:

I am very interested.
I discovered this subject recently. I read everything a little quickly, allow me to ask questions that may have already been discussed.
What is the receiver and transmitter in the version with the receiver included?

For receiver included version I choose Dumborc X4FM or X4FMG (difference is gyro system built in). If someone already have one of DumboRC transmitters, he can use it with this receiver or will buy it on his own (probably faster and cheaper without me, same for the battery)

BTW about battery, battery should be 2-3S and need to use jst plug for both versions.