1280x818.JPG

As each team race to control the asset in P10 they send a fleet of ships to secure their next forward base. But something happened to the hyperdrives! Now each team has a crew lost in space. They will need to use their wits and skills to get out of this mess.

Dark Side
100x100.JPGOur ships are out there somewhere. Thank goodness the Imperial training manual has proper procedures for just such an occasion. As long as our troops keep a cool head and follow the guidelines all will be well.

Mercenaries
100x100.JPGWhat!?! Did someone forget to refill the coolant on our hyperdrives? Once we get out of this mess someone is going to have hell to pay!

Light Side
100x100.JPGAdrift in space you say? Well what else is new. After all we faced in rebellion against the Empire a little hyperdrive trouble shouldn't slow us down too much!

Contest Specifics:

Each team can build in any of the 3 categories. But they will need to work as a team to make sure their builds don't overlap. At least one build for each of the categories has to be entered before a second can be built in any of them. For example, the Light Side could build 1 entry for Cat A, 1 entry for Cat B, and 2 entries for Cat C. But they couldn't build 3 entries for Cat C and none for Cat A or Cat B. Another example, the Dark Side could build 1 entry for Cat A and 1 entry for Cat B and none for Cat C. The idea behind this rule is to foster teamwork and comradery.

Cat A: Show what happened to the hyperdrive. Maybe your nav-computer had a malfunction and dropped you out of space too early. Maybe a Porg chewed through a critical wire. This scene should be set on a ship if applicable (think inside the Millennium Falcon) or in space if it's a small snub fighter.

Cat B: You managed to land on a planet's surface. Show what the surface looks like and how you manage to set up a temporary base camp.

Cat C: You are not alone! Pirates are in the area and have found you. Show either a scene in space or aboard your ship where you repel the pirates. Or show a scene on the planet's surface with a conflict between you and the pirates.

Each team will pick a starting point from a square they already control. The Dark Side can pick from O17, L10, M10, or N10. The Light Side can pick from P6 or H16. The Mercs can pick from T10, S10 or K5. Each team should post here which square they want to pick as their starting point by Jan 15th.

At the end of the challenge, using a random number generator, a route will be chosen and an end point 2 jumps from the starting square. Please consult the map for strategic reference. For example, if the Mercs choose K5 as their starting point it could be that the starting point would be Borosk and two jumps from there could be Qiilura in K7. Or if the Dark Side chose M10 as their starting point it could be that Kattada would be the starting point and two jumps from there could be Quellor in N12.

You can depict any kind of planet. If it doesn't match your ending square we'll assume it's an uncharted one :yoda:

The Rules:

• All entries must be entered using this form: Link to Submission Form
  • All rules in the Core Rules topic apply unless otherwise stated in this explanation or the rules above.
  • There are no restrictions on the size/form/content of the builds other than the specifics described above.
  • Each person can enter up-to 3 MOCs for this contest. It can be 1 in each Category or 3 in the same Category. Co-ordination between your fellow teammates is important to ensure the right amount of entries per category!
  • All entries will earn XP for their team based on their score. Winners will earn additional XP.
  • The Episode will run from Jan 5th to Mar 11th. As long as it is still Mar 11th somewhere in the world, you can still enter. 
  • Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified from the episode and will only earn normal XP points.
  • The criteria by which your MOCs will be scored is 1) Storytelling, 2) Aesthetics, and 3) Technical Ability. You can earn up to 10 points in each category for a max total of 30 points per entry.
  • This episode/contest is open to all players of Mysteries, even if they joined EB or signed up for the game after the episode has begun.
  • All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to the start date of this episode. You can use creations for this contest in other forums or contests, but it should not have been displayed before the start date for this contest.
  • All entries must be built from real LEGO or with Lego Digital Designer. 3rd party parts may be allowed if used to customize characters and in small quantities. I.E. guns or decals. 3rd party bricks are not allowed to be intentionally used (if you have a Megablock 2x2 brick in a wall of Lego bricks you won't be penalized).
  • You may do a 'full-blown photo edit' with all the text, effects, background compositing, support erasing, and other effects on one picture. All your other pictures may have no editing other than color adjustment or background removal for a solid-color background. For obvious reasons, any photo editing that changes the shape, functionality, or color (not tint or adjustment, but actual color) of a LEGO piece is prohibited,.
  • All entries are considered WIPs (Works In Progress) until the deadline passes. Until the deadline has passed, you are allowed to change and improve your MOC.

The Prizes:

• At the end of the contest an end point will be chosen for each team. All MOCs entered for this contest will be assigned this square for XP. The team with the most points will gain an extra 25 XP to be placed where they choose. Second place will get 15 XP and 3rd place will get 10 XP. All extra XP should be placed within 2 weeks of the contest ending.

Just a reminder that you've got 2 weeks still to build everyone!

Hey @MKJoshA I don't remember if i filled out the submission form for my entry. Should i do it now/again? Could you take a look please?

8 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Hey @MKJoshA I don't remember if i filled out the submission form for my entry. Should i do it now/again? Could you take a look please?

Form was filled out. You're all set!

16 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Form was filled out. You're all set!

Ok, great, thank you!

@MKJoshA : I will be unable to post something decent before the 11 th.

I will have something the 14th.

But what I'm building will be posted anyway. Overdue or not.

EDIT : I almost got it !

My second moc failed. I wanted to build a octagonal platform for the next moc but i don't have enough parts of the kind i need and the fiddly techniques drove me so crazy, i now need a ticket for the bus to Arkham Asylum :pir_wacko:

I'll keep the idea in mind and tackle it again in 1 or 2 years or so.

On 3/5/2024 at 7:05 PM, Professor Thaum said:

@MKJoshA : I will be unable to post something decent before the 11 th.

I will have something the 14th.

But what I'm building will be posted anyway. Overdue or not.

That's only a few extra days. Should we take a vote and see if everyone is okay with extending the contest 1 week?

On 3/5/2024 at 9:01 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

My second moc failed. I wanted to build a octagonal platform for the next moc but i don't have enough parts of the kind i need and the fiddly techniques drove me so crazy, i now need a ticket for the bus to Arkham Asylum :pir_wacko:

I'll keep the idea in mind and tackle it again in 1 or 2 years or so.

I doubt it'll take you that long to try again!

It's OK for the deadline the 11 th, my build will be ready with pics.

It's only a cat A, but at least I'll have something.

Contest is closed. We'll get started on scores soon!

8 hours ago, Brickuser24 said:

When can we expect the scores

We are really close! We're just waiting on scores from one judge and then I can publish results. Results and the next contest will be out this week.

21 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Results and the next contest will be out this week.

Yog !

Time to save the castaways of the hyperdrive !

After a massive search and rescue operation the missing ships have been found!

100x100.JPGThe Mercenaries with 3 entries, one in each category, have scored 29 points (before bonuses applied).

100x100.JPGThe Light Side with 1 entry in C, have scored 15 points.

100x100.JPGThe Dark Side with 2 entries, both in A, have scored 27 points.

blogicon.png The Mercenaries, leaving from Formos in T10, passed through and ended up in Nimia in S9. Their points will be placed in S9.

blogicon.png The Light Side, leaving from Phindar in P6, passed through Lucrazec and ended up in Arda in Q6. Their points will be placed in Q6.

blogicon.png The Dark Side, leaving from Commenor in N10, passed through Zeltros and ended up in Kashyyyk in P9. Their points will be placed in P9.

The Mercs won an extra 25 points to be placed where they want.

The Dark Side broke rules and built 2 Cat As, so as a penalty The Light Side gets the extra 15 points and The Dark Side gets an extra 10 points.

Let me know where you want those extra points placed. It can be anywhere you currently have access to.

3 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

The Light Side places the 30 points in sector P7!

Well you only get to choose where 15 goes, the other 15 from your entry gets placed in Q6. But I'll put 15 in P7