Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

A DCEU Batmobile with Black Suit Supeman and a proper steppenwolf would have been awesome.

While I wouldn’t mind a DCEU Batmobile, I can live happily without a LEGO representation of that porcupine abomination :laugh_hard: Call me crazy, but I prefer the Josstice League version of the character that we did get a figure of

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I feel like this is a possibility, if we're continuing from getting the 66 Batmobile, TDK tumbler, Burtonmobile, and BTAS mobile in the past 5 years. I wouldn't say we have a high chance of it, just due to how controversial the DCEU has been, but maybe. If we do get it, it'd be based on either BvS or the Josstice league cut though, which is unfortunate. A DCEU Batmobile with Black Suit Supeman and a proper steppenwolf would have been awesome.

If this happens, I could see us getting BvS Batman and SS Harley Quinn, as they were (arguably) the two most popular characters from the DCEU. But I may also be biased because those are the two I would want (well, them and Captain Boomerang, but I don’t see him happening).

Edited by psqidexslizer

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I feel like this is a possibility, if we're continuing from getting the 66 Batmobile, TDK tumbler, Burtonmobile, and BTAS mobile in the past 5 years. I wouldn't say we have a high chance of it, just due to how controversial the DCEU has been, but maybe. If we do get it, it'd be based on either BvS or the Josstice league cut though, which is unfortunate. A DCEU Batmobile with Black Suit Supeman and a proper steppenwolf would have been awesome.

Also worth noting that DCEU sets selling like they did is likely the main reason the LEGO DC line is what it is today, they are not touching those films again anytime soon. If they did do one though it'd probably loosely based on Suicide Squad as aside the only other DCEU figure I could see them thinking would be worth producing other than a Batman would be another Margot's Harley. Genuinely probably more chance of them doing a Batmanless set than that

Posted (edited)

Batman+Rogues.jpg

So many good characters. So many good stories. So many good lego sets?

b75ea937626953978da370da047d21fe.jpg

I might be the only 1 here... MAYBE ... who adore BATMAN because he does not have supernatural abilities. Same goes for rogue gallery. 

So it could be a great idea to keep Marvel a like characters away from Batman. Even put the JUSTICE LEAGUE away. We could have a MOVIE from:

- Batman

- Robin

- Catwoman

- The Joker

- The Penguin

- The Riddler

- Bane

- Two-Face

- Mr. Freeze

- The Scarecrow

I might forget someone. Anyway that should be the CORE. After that we get LEGO sets from these topics. Joker or for example Two-Face would be as big as Batman itself. Even better, Marvel would be supernatural and DC realistic!

Edited by legoturtle

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

b75ea937626953978da370da047d21fe.jpg

I might be the only 1 here... MAYBE ... who adore BATMAN because he does not have supernatural abilities. Same goes for rogue gallery. 

So it could be a great idea to keep Marvel a like characters away from Batman. Even put the JUSTICE LEAGUE away. We could have a MOVIE from:

- Batman

- Robin

- Catwoman

- The Joker

- The Penguin

- The Riddler

- Bane

- Two-Face

- Mr. Freeze

- The Scarecrow

I might forget someone. Anyway that should be the CORE. After that we get LEGO sets from these topics. Joker or for example Two-Face would be as big as Batman itself. Even better, Marvel would be supernatural and DC realistic!

I have no idea what you’re trying to say

Edited by BatDeanj

We need 0 Marvel sets

We need 0 Justice League sets

We need 100 sets from:

- Batman

- Robin

- Catwoman

- The Joker

- The Penguin

- The Riddler

- Bane

- Two-Face

- Mr. Freeze

- The Scarecrow

Which each one deserves an own movie!

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

We need 0 Marvel sets

We need 0 Justice League sets

We need 100 sets from:

Which each one deserves an own movie!

Who is “we”? Speak for yourself, please :tongue: Sorry to say, but we need movies about individual Batman villains as much as we needed Sony’s awful Spider-Man-less universe, i.e., NOT AT ALL.

I’m sick of pseudo-anti-heroes fighting cookie-cutter versions of themselves with the same powers. Let the villains be actual VILLAINS in the heroes’ movies!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I meant a Batman movie where the focus is 75 % in villain. For example Mad Hatter. That would be interesting and then see some scenes about Batman, Gordon, Robin, Lucius Fox and so on... Barbara Gordon.

9 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

I meant a Batman movie where the focus is 75 % in villain. For example Mad Hatter. That would be interesting and then see some scenes about Batman, Gordon, Robin, Lucius Fox and so on... Barbara Gordon.

But this forum is dedicated to a construction toy from Denmark, not to cinema! You should find some superhero movie forum for such suggestions. Here we mostly discuss Lego sets, not movies

Well TLG makes sets when movies are released? 

This year something Ghostbusters related. The Batman 2 will remove lego sets further away. AND then are anniversary sets... for example now that art set.

Just now, legoturtle said:

Well TLG makes sets when movies are released? 

This year something Ghostbusters related. The Batman 2 will remove lego sets further away. AND then are anniversary sets... for example now that art set.

But TLG doesn't make movies! We can only hope DC produces something that TLG will base sets on

9 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

85 years of Batman?

40 years of Star wars 

5 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

We got 6 sets when it was 80 years celebration...

We won't get any this year... :cry_sad:

17 minutes ago, Max_Lego said:

But TLG doesn't make movies! We can only hope DC produces something that TLG will base sets on

Exactly. Even comic-based sets can benefit from having popular movies to boost awareness and interest among kids. The current state of the theme is pretty clearly connected to the failure of the DCEU. You cannot expect a theme to thrive that relies on a movie franchise that produced like 7 flops in a row :laugh:

As I’ve said before, our best chance is for the DCU to succeed and get people (and especially kids) interested in a shared DC universe again! 

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

As I’ve said before, our best chance is for the DCU to succeed and get people (and especially kids) interested in a shared DC universe again! 

This is absolutely correct! But DC products like Batwheels, that SHOULD HAVE, but DIDN'T succeed in attracting kids' attention, aren't a good solution...

Why can't we have set like this? What is the MAIN problem. We see statues. We see other toys. We see animation movies and even games. LEGO Batman games also.

BUT this kind of things impossible?

Has anyone found or made a list of all of the character silhouettes in the skyline?

In this picture I see Robin, Batgirl, Alfred, Riddler, Clayface, Catwoman, Mr. Freeze, Summer Gleeson, Penguin, Gordon, Montoya, Bullock, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, Harley, Ivy, Condiment King, Clock King, Joker, Bane, Killer Croc. Arkham (and possibly other?) buildings are covered, but elsewhere it looks like Mad Hatter, Baby Doll, a third figure (I think someone said Lock-Up?) are all in there.

Is there anyone I'm missing? I'd imagine that Man-Bat is probably here somewhere. And Phantasm should be since the survey leak indicated she was going to be a minifigure. It makes sense that she would be referenced in the set somewhere. 

Also: hopefully Mr. Freeze's silhouette is an indication that the minifigure in the Batmobile will have an accurate dome. I really don't like the spherical helmet for him.

2 hours ago, Max_Lego said:

But this forum is dedicated to a construction toy from Denmark, not to cinema! You should find some superhero movie forum for such suggestions. Here we mostly discuss Lego sets, not movies

This guy is so going to end up getting posted in MoviesCirclejerk

49 minutes ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

Has anyone found or made a list of all of the character silhouettes in the skyline?

In this picture I see Robin, Batgirl, Alfred, Riddler, Clayface, Catwoman, Mr. Freeze, Summer Gleeson, Penguin, Gordon, Montoya, Bullock, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, Harley, Ivy, Condiment King, Clock King, Joker, Bane, Killer Croc. Arkham (and possibly other?) buildings are covered, but elsewhere it looks like Mad Hatter, Baby Doll, a third figure (I think someone said Lock-Up?) are all in there.

Is there anyone I'm missing? I'd imagine that Man-Bat is probably here somewhere. And Phantasm should be since the survey leak indicated she was going to be a minifigure. It makes sense that she would be referenced in the set somewhere. 

Also: hopefully Mr. Freeze's silhouette is an indication that the minifigure in the Batmobile will have an accurate dome. I really don't like the spherical helmet for him.

Man-Bat's right next to Mad Hatter actually, and you can add the Ventriloquist and Scarface to the list.

5VWSLEN.png

Just now, TheBatstan said:

Man-Bat's right next to Mad Hatter actually, and you can add the Ventriloquist and Scarface to the list.

Cool, thanks!

4 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

If this happens, I could see us getting BvS Batman and SS Harley Quinn, as they were (arguably) the two most popular characters from the DCEU. But I may also be biased because those are the two I would want (well, them and Captain Boomerang, but I don’t see him happening).

I dunno. Last time they did SS harley quinn they had to put her in a giant set from an unrelated film. 

That said, my want for it to contain some of the DCEU league might be clouding my judgement. We all know if we did get it, it'd include BvS batman and SS Jonkler.

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Call me crazy, but I prefer the Josstice League version of the character that we did get a figure of

You're crazy. The Josstice League one looks like a World of Warcraft character. Snyderwolf is at least unique (and had some attempt at a bit of character besides "big bad", which was nice.)

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You're crazy. The Josstice League one looks like a World of Warcraft character. Snyderwolf is at least unique (and had some attempt at a bit of character besides "big bad", which was nice.)

Oh, I’m not saying the Josstice League version looks good. But at least he doesn’t look like the ugly lovechild of a porcupine and a cheese grater :tongue:

And the Snyder version is still just a brute, only with the added “depth” of wanting to go home. Not really much of an improvement in my opinion, and a thankless role for Ciáran Hinds either way :shrug_oh_well:

I also prefer the Josstice League Steppenwolf. He looks more realistic