Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

UNPOPULAR OPINION: personally, I liked the Flash movie, though there are many inconsistencies and weird decisions (the idea that Flash's mom rescue would create a totally different Bruce Wayne is crazy, not to mention the Beatles' mention from the deleted scene). Nevertheless, it's enjoyable enough. I don't really care about the set not being realised, I'm just sad that the Joker minifigure head isn't as good as in the UCS set.

P.S. Would've LOVED the inclusion of a Heath Ledger Joker in an affordable set

17 hours ago, TheOGLegoGuy said:

I can't help if i share information that I don't know if it's true or not my sources just tell me stuff and idk if its true i just share it

I am sorry people are forcing you to share lego leaks and they are not even feasible

On 2/10/2024 at 6:52 AM, psqidexslizer said:

I’m not saying this won’t happen. I’m just saying I’d be very surprised if a cancelled set for one of (if not the) biggest box office flops in history got released over a year later.

Could be the same for dial of destiny if that happens.

By any chance, would anyone know which of the Batman minifigs correspond to actual suits that Batman had in either the comic books, cartoons, or live action?

I am trying to build a collection of Batman minifigs sans any Lego originals (i.e., homegrown Lego versions, etc).

Beware the Batman

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

Arkhamverse games

Batman

Batman Returns

Dawn of Justice

Justice League 

Batman: Hush

Rebirth

New 52

Dark Knight Returns

Zurr-en-Arrh (good luck with that)

not sure if that's all or I've missed any. These aren't in any particular order, either.

9 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Beware the Batman

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

Arkhamverse games

Batman

Batman Returns

Dawn of Justice

Justice League 

Batman: Hush

Rebirth

New 52

Dark Knight Returns

Zurr-en-Arrh (good luck with that)

not sure if that's all or I've missed any. These aren't in any particular order, either.

You forgot two.

The Batman

The Lego Batman Movie

This is only stuff not mentioned on the first list or by psqidexslizer;

The first appearance Batman was in the DC CMF

Yellow Lantern Batman comes from Forever Evil

Pirate Batman is not 1:1 to any canonical instance I know of, but it has similarities to Return of Bruce Wayne or Leatherwings. It is kind of a hybrid of the two imo. At the least, Batman dressed as a pirate IS canonical

On top of BvS, Knightmare Batman and Armoured Batman were made too from that movie

2012 Batman is his comic appearances from the bronze age through to the 1990s. Knightfall and stuff. Get a second one of these, find a muscly topless body (like from swimsuit Batman) and you have one ready for a duel with Ra's Al Ghul. Also matches his appearance in cartoons of the era aside from no cowl shadow. But it's a shadow that is subjective if one even wants that printed on there.

Hush Batman also appeared with a dark blue cowl in many appearances (like Batman RIP) so I would count the original blue-cowled Batman as a distinct Hush Batman from the one shared by the previous post

The Heavy Armour is from Scott Snyder's run, it's accuracy is somewhat dubious but probably the best you can do as a minifig. The head is spot on so it is definitely supposed to be the "Thrasher"

The arctic batsuit is basically an official batsuit too. It seems made up but comes from the North Pole Crimes and is the first official change of suits in the comics (versus the artistic changes in the golden age such as the ear shapes). Only issue is the Lego one uses the oval logo instead of anything even close to the golden age. So one might count that

7 hours ago, hikouki said:

By any chance, would anyone know which of the Batman minifigs correspond to actual suits that Batman had in either the comic books, cartoons, or live action?

I am trying to build a collection of Batman minifigs sans any Lego originals (i.e., homegrown Lego versions, etc).

Edited by CowabungaCat

8 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

You forgot two.

The Batman

The Lego Batman Movie

It would appear that I forgot more than two. My only excuse is that as I'm in the middle of a redesign, my Batmen aren't on display right now. @CowabungaCatfilled in a good few blanks as well. No one remembers Zebra Batman though, also up there on the Stupid List (price, not concept).

2 hours ago, CowabungaCat said:

The arctic batsuit is basically an official batsuit too. It seems made up but comes from the North Pole Crimes and is the first official change of suits in the comics (versus the artistic changes in the golden age such as the ear shapes). Only issue is the Lego one uses the oval logo instead of anything even close to the golden age. So one might count that

Wait, isn't the arctic Batsuit actually based on the 2004 series "The Batman", where he is fighting Mr. Freeze?

Here is a clip from the series.

1 hour ago, Max_Lego said:

Wait, isn't the arctic Batsuit actually based on the 2004 series "The Batman", where he is fighting Mr. Freeze?

Here is a clip from the series.

It could be, forgot it happened in that show too. But it and the North Pole Crimes suit are basically the same thing, "Batman in snow camoflauge". The cartoon could be in itself an homage to the original comic, it could be "giving Batman a white suit when doing snow stuff is a simple idea multiple Batman stories has done without knowledge of each other". An example of this is a third arctic Batman was made up by Kenner for the BTAS line, with a black cowl but white suit. Then Batman has worn white suits for thematic reasons in two event comics (one elseworlds).

It is all semantics. My belief is Lego simply recoloured the existing 2012 Batman print and that is the reason why the arctic Batman also uses the oval logo. If they had gone with Jim Lee Batlogo in 2012 or the current movie one then I think we would have gotten an arctic Batman inaccurate to the original or the 2004 show. In the end you are right the oval makes arctic Batman more accurate to The Batman. BUT there is some notability to the North Pole Crimes suit as well. It reappeared in multiple other stories and was featured on a cover of Detective Comics. Plus I think it is historically neat as the first "gimmick Batsuit" when that is a major part of his identity at least in toys, and features often enough in media too. That the book and other issues even drew attention to it surely attributed to that trend's existence.

EDIT: Realised the cowl is completely closed in the 2004 variant. So I think it is a nonspecific Arctic Batman suit. White head would have pushed it to definitively 2004 (and could be modded)

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/c/c4/White_Batsuit.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160203010350

It is based on some version of that suit which makes it based on all of them but most accurate to 2004

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

It would appear that I forgot more than two. My only excuse is that as I'm in the middle of a redesign, my Batmen aren't on display right now. @CowabungaCatfilled in a good few blanks as well. No one remembers Zebra Batman though, also up there on the Stupid List (price, not concept).

Ooohh no one remembers Zebra Batman indeed,not even me gasp. And I am a lover of all these variants (if you all have not picked up on that). Gotten as many variants as feasible (missing some despite that), canon or not and I will always cry for Zur-En-Arrh being what it is. NEARLY paid dumb prices for that when it released.

And not getting an every Batman is Awesome edition of the Everyone is Awesome set also makes us cry :P

3 hours ago, hikouki said:

Is the four-arms batman backpack a canonical bat suit???

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?M=sh663&in=S

Not as far as I know. It is hard to rule it out COMPLETELY when it comes to Batman but it looks very impractical and toyetic even for him and the chainsaw seems a bit lethal (though so do modern batarangs)

Edited by CowabungaCat

On 2/9/2024 at 6:32 PM, Rwbricks said:

the Captain America cowl is an interesting choice, but it might have looked better in person. 

This got me thinking, how many of the staple molds for DC characters do we think are discontinued? There's a real chance we're never seeing that OG flash cowl again

9 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

This got me thinking, how many of the staple molds for DC characters do we think are discontinued? There's a real chance we're never seeing that OG flash cowl again

We went 8 years without seeing the Wolverine mask, but it came back looking the same as it did before. It’s only been 4 for the Flash cowl. Not sure what happened with the molds, but regardless, it looks like either Lego holds onto molds it thinks they’ll use in the future or they have the ability to bring them back.

3 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

2 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

We went 8 years without seeing the Wolverine mask, but it came back looking the same as it did before. It’s only been 4 for the Flash cowl. Not sure what happened with the molds, but regardless, it looks like either Lego holds onto molds it thinks they’ll use in the future or they have the ability to bring them back.

I think it was DuckBricks in a video about him visiting the lego factory said as a rule of thumb lego moulds are kept for 5 years from the last use before being destroyed though special cases can be made to extend this but only few parts are granted this but just because a mould is destroyed it doesn't mean a near exact copy cannot be reproduced for example the goats return recently.

11 hours ago, CowabungaCat said:

Wait the goat finally happened?!

Series 25 CMF Goathearder figure from a month ago and the new Medieval Town Square set just announced for March

Gotta say I kind of want them to make a Lego Batwing figure. Far fetched seeing as they still got wayyyyy more ground to cover than just him. 

The weird thing with Batman is we never got a figure of him with boots that have the Bat shape on the top. I get that its not the most used design currently, but Batman has had these boots often, I'd like to get them seeing as we don't frequently get Bats with leg printing. 

I wonder if we'll ever get a second CMF for this Series seeing how things are going so downhill not just for DC but Warner Bros at large. Probably not, which sucks. There's just so many characters I wish we could have gotten. Big fig comics Bane, Scarface and Ventriloquist, Mad Hatter, Clayface figure, Cassandra Cain, Batwing, Lucius Fox, Spoiler. And then the figures from the DC Universe at large like Zatanna, Fire, Ice, Booster Gold, Ted Kord, Vixen, Star Sapphire, Tempest, Speedy, Mongul, Metallo, Mirror Master, etc. I'd absolutely love for this theme to have a random renaissance because we just have so much ground to cover. I hope somehow it can happen. 

@cosmicthey had a golden opportunity to introduce a fresh character with the upcoming B:TAS wave, but that seems to have been missed. A second CMF won't come out, just look how closely the two Marvel series were released. It's not a DC theme anymore, it's back to Batman, and honestly it's been going off the rails for a while now. I don't want a massive, expensive folding Batcave or a continuous stream of Batmobile; I enjoyed the days of slowly building a League and LoD. I don't see those glory days being repeated anytime soon.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Gotta say I kind of want them to make a Lego Batwing figure. Far fetched seeing as they still got wayyyyy more ground to cover than just him. 

The weird thing with Batman is we never got a figure of him with boots that have the Bat shape on the top. I get that its not the most used design currently, but Batman has had these boots often, I'd like to get them seeing as we don't frequently get Bats with leg printing. 

I wonder if we'll ever get a second CMF for this Series seeing how things are going so downhill not just for DC but Warner Bros at large. Probably not, which sucks. There's just so many characters I wish we could have gotten. Big fig comics Bane, Scarface and Ventriloquist, Mad Hatter, Clayface figure, Cassandra Cain, Batwing, Lucius Fox, Spoiler. And then the figures from the DC Universe at large like Zatanna, Fire, Ice, Booster Gold, Ted Kord, Vixen, Star Sapphire, Tempest, Speedy, Mongul, Metallo, Mirror Master, etc. I'd absolutely love for this theme to have a random renaissance because we just have so much ground to cover. I hope somehow it can happen. 

Batwing has not been in many stories I have read but give me Batfamily. New ones, and ones that exist but would be in demand for new fans or were hard to get

Tbf most Lego Batmans have not had boots at all, dual-moulded legs came at the tail-end of Lego Dc super-heroes peak, and getting printing directly above that for minor shaping detail that needs to seamlessly blend in and align perfectly with the lower half is... not something I will confidently say Lego has never done but I sure cannot think of an example. 60s Batman and Robin would have been the place to see that kind of detail and we did not. I would want the pixie boots of Robin even more than pointed bat boots (which I think also run the risk of making the boots look like they go up to the crotch, oh lego proportions that were not made to bear such detail as they get now)

Would love a second CMF. Not happening anytime soon, but I hope for a Superman Legacy/Both Batman Movies revival regardless of likelihood. Then if it stays strong for a few years after that, a cmf? Even just Legacy's cast list could expand the DC universe in Lego some more, let alone if we get to the Teen Titans and Plastic Man movies and beyond.

Jimmy Olsen, Guy Gardner, The Engineer, a new Lois Lane... A year of sets with those would make me happy (Jimmy would not get made and who knows if the other all would but)

I would love a DCAU CMF series. I really think it would have been a great idea. Customising minifigures with stickers and Mr. Hobby is fun, but Lego would have done it better than me.

As of Batwing, I have read the Wayne family adventures webcomic. It's nice, but I HATE the idea that the Batfamily has expanded THAT much. A legion of Bats! So personally, I don't care about these characters. But it's simply my HO. So never mind