Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I shouldn't have mentioned my love for The Batman 2022 now that I see what this forum has turned into :iamded_lol:

I shouldn't have mentioned my dislike for The Batman 2022 now that I see what this forum has turned into :laugh:

9 hours ago, Max_Lego said:

I shouldn't have mentioned my dislike for The Batman 2022 now that I see what this forum has turned into :laugh:

15 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I shouldn't have mentioned my love for The Batman 2022 now that I see what this forum has turned into :iamded_lol:

I shouldn't have mentioned my opinion that I don't hate or love the batman now that I see what this forum has turned into :laugh_hard:

(We are truly in the Aslume now)

I used to find the idea of those weird batsuits like the ballerina one or mermaid... but now I think they are better than just getting the same uniform batman. LOL

I kind of hope the £200 set isn’t Arkham as I would prefer a £500 Arkham next year or the year after as I can’t see Lego having both Available at the same time

Edited by BatDeanj

5 hours ago, BatDeanj said:

I kind of hope the £200 set isn’t Arkham as I would prefer a £500 Arkham next year or the year after as I can’t see Lego having both Available at the same time

Arkham seems very difficult to do justice at $200. It would barely be better than the 2012 one once you take inflation into account. Doubt we'll ever get a proper D2C Arkham in the mold of the Bugle.

1 hour ago, NovaBricks said:

Arkham seems very difficult to do justice at $200. It would barely be better than the 2012 one once you take inflation into account. Doubt we'll ever get a proper D2C Arkham in the mold of the Bugle.

We really just need a good Batman cartoon airing on a mainline streaming service or network. It's shocking to me that it's been over a decade without a mainline show (Batman Unlimited really doesn't count), and that Caped Cruscader has hit the backburner so hard. If I was Gunn, a mainline Batman cartoon would be the thing I'd focus on most. (That said, if I was Gunn, I'd also be focusing on the trinity and have let Cavill stay... and if I was gonna drop Cavill, I wouldn't say it was for a clean slate and then keep everyone from the stuff I worked on...)

But point being, a new batman cartoon would help this so much. Kids right now just don't really have a way to engage with Batman.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

We really just need a good Batman cartoon airing on a mainline streaming service or network. It's shocking to me that it's been over a decade without a mainline show (Batman Unlimited really doesn't count), and that Caped Cruscader has hit the backburner so hard. If I was Gunn, a mainline Batman cartoon would be the thing I'd focus on most. (That said, if I was Gunn, I'd also be focusing on the trinity and have let Cavill stay... and if I was gonna drop Cavill, I wouldn't say it was for a clean slate and then keep everyone from the stuff I worked on...)

But point being, a new batman cartoon would help this so much. Kids right now just don't really have a way to engage with Batman.

Yeah I mean, I guess I half agree and half disagree. I think it would help the theme overall a ton. But if LEGO is confident enough to keep throwing expensive Keaton-verse sets out there, I'm a bit surprised that a Bugle-style set for Batman seems to be off the table. I don't think there are a ton of people who are big into the Keaton-verse but not Batman as a whole.

Yeah leadership at DC is horrendous. It’s whats holding the brand back as a whole. With the upcoming Batmobile, there’s hope Mr Freeze and Harley can be exciting if depicted accurately with leg and arm detailing as necessitated by source material. Truth be told they will probably be mediocre with no leg print for anyone.  It’d be nice but as always its irresponsible to be optimistic about this theme. Haha still I try.

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

With the upcoming Batmobile, there’s hope Mr Freeze and Harley can be exciting if depicted accurately with leg and arm detailing as necessitated by source material. Truth be told they will probably be mediocre with no leg print for anyone.  

Dual-moulded legs would benefit BTAS Mr. Freeze. As of Harley, TLG won't be able to ignore leg printing. As of arm printing for both... Let's be pessimistic - we won't be disappointed 

1 hour ago, Max_Lego said:

Dual-moulded legs would benefit BTAS Mr. Freeze. As of Harley, TLG won't be able to ignore leg printing. As of arm printing for both... Let's be pessimistic - we won't be disappointed 

Still, dual molded legs would be a major win for Mr. Freeze. His announcement was the best part of this leaked wave. I may go as far as to say it was the only piece of leaked info that piqued my interest. The bar is underground.

Guys! I just realised what kind of set that BAT-POD will be.

Bat-Pod size is same than: 5004590: Bat-Pod  AND then because it is NOT minifigure scale. We build batman figure on position over the bike... if you understand what I mean. 

15 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

Guys! I just realised what kind of set that BAT-POD will be.

Bat-Pod size is same than: 5004590: Bat-Pod  AND then because it is NOT minifigure scale. We build batman figure on position over the bike... if you understand what I mean. 

bw6d5zz.gif...'cause it was quite obvious for me. :hmpf:

2 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

Well minifigure scale would have been awesome.

Agree 

2 hours ago, legoturtle said:

That’s why we’re getting something else.

Minifigure scale Batpod would have been great with a Two-face or Bane Minifigure but no, Lego thinks buildable figures are very popular and sell well (They don't)

That buildable Captain America and Wolverine gives me nightmares.

On 1/30/2024 at 12:04 PM, NovaBricks said:

Yeah I mean, I guess I half agree and half disagree. I think it would help the theme overall a ton. But if LEGO is confident enough to keep throwing expensive Keaton-verse sets out there, I'm a bit surprised that a Bugle-style set for Batman seems to be off the table. I don't think there are a ton of people who are big into the Keaton-verse but not Batman as a whole.

You don't think so, and I don't think so, but lego seems to think so.

3 hours ago, legoturtle said:

100% agree.

1 minute ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Minifigure scale Batpod would have been great with a Two-face or Bane Minifigure but no, Lego thinks buildable figures are very popular and sell well (They don't)

That buildable Captain America and Wolverine gives me nightmares.

lego making buildible figures for every licensed theme instead of system sets (They refuse to bring back bionicle because buildable figures don't sell)

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You don't think so, and I don't think so, but lego seems to think so.

100% agree.

lego making buildible figures for every licensed theme instead of system sets (They refuse to bring back bionicle because buildable figures don't sell)

If I was running Lego I would stop making 4+ and buildable figure sets, and replace 4+ with just normal system sets at an affordable price like they did in 2008-2009, those Impulse sets as you'd call them.

1 minute ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

If I was running Lego I would stop making 4+ and buildable figure sets, and replace 4+ with just normal system sets at an affordable price like they did in 2008-2009, those Impulse sets as you'd call them.

4+ serves a purpose- to provide the younger fans with the main vehicles/locations/characters. A $10 impulse set- which they have brought back for Marvel- is great, but for a 4 year old who wants a batmobile/batcave/etc with some amount of size to it, not as good. 

Buildable figures though, I really can't seem to find the demo they're going for there.

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Buildable figures though, I really can't seem to find the demo they're going for there.

LEGO doesn't target us generally with most their products, I get that, however the various types of buildable figures are the one aspect of their line-up that I genuinely think has no substantial audience. They always languish on shelves, it really confuses me. You can still find those Star Wars ones in toy stores, how many times are they gonna try this before it clicks?

9 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

I get that, however the various types of buildable figures are the one aspect of their line-up that I genuinely think has no substantial audience. They always languish on shelves, it really confuses me. You can still find those Star Wars ones in toy stores, how many times are they gonna try this before it clicks?

By the way, does anyone remember those weird Superhero buildable figures from 2012? IMHO, Green lantern was OK, but the Man and Jonkler ('cause I can't call those Batman and Joker)... :sick:

If we wan't more and better DC sets... we have to follow carefully that animation show. hope it will be very succesfull. that could be a GOLD mine.

5 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

If we wan't more and better DC sets... we have to follow carefully that animation show. hope it will be very succesfull. that could be a GOLD mine.

Let's just hope the show doesn't take place in the 1940s and isn't rated R

On 2/1/2024 at 4:27 PM, legoturtle said:

What show?