Clone OPatra

Disney Properties 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I would love for the Beast to be included as well but considering how many here are skeptical we'll even get Belle or all the minifigs in the original concept, I'm not sure I'm expecting to see anyone extra. They might also want to stick with just one character per movie.

I don't think they would include a minor character in this set which is supposed to represent the most recognizable Disney characters and movies. If it was just the Agrabah Palace included, then maybe, but the magic carpet is also there so it's probably Aladdin since he better represents the carpet.

I feel like that on the one hand, Lego can't really reuse some characters because some of them have long been 'retired' like Aladdin, Ariel, and Elsa. Pinocchio is pretty recent so they can reuse that. Belle would be new.

Perhaps they might reuse Cinderella and add her prince there, instead of B&B?

Of course the more the minifigs the merrier! But knowing Lego, they might not include that many new ones?

On a slightly different note, I wonder how many of the Disney Castle couples will get reused for other sets? We've already seen Snow White, Prince Florian, and Princess Tiana as repeats.

6 hours ago, doclord said:

Will we? I was amazed that that set was allowed considering it used CMF and retired CMF figures. Are we going to get downgraded figures, new variants for the figures, or no figures at all?

I'm expecting some changes regarding the represented movies. I wouldn't be surprised if Belle is replaced by Cinderella, Pinocchio replaced by Moana, Ariel replaced by Peter Pan, Aladdin replaced by Jafar as a genie, Elsa replaced by Rapunzel or Stitch replaced by Dumbo.

10 minutes ago, Aramar said:

I'm expecting some changes regarding the represented movies. I wouldn't be surprised if Belle is replaced by Cinderella, Pinocchio replaced by Moana, Ariel replaced by Peter Pan, Aladdin replaced by Jafar as a genie, Elsa replaced by Rapunzel or Stitch replaced by Dumbo.

I thought about this, too! I do not think this is an unlikely scenario! Lego will probably reuse many minifigs, but I am hoping for at least one or two new versions or something completely new!

17 minutes ago, Aramar said:

Honestly, if this is what ends up happening, this set is a hard pass for me. 

I feel that the reason they picked this set as one of the five nominated choices, especially against competition that wasn't as popular, was because they specifically wanted this set to win as it was the easiest to make and reuse minifigs for. If they were going to end up replacing most of the characters because it was too tricky to bring them back, then why would Lego have even made this one of the nominated choices? It would have been easier for them to select another set or only sets that they could easily produce.

People thought Alice couldn't get a minidoll because her hair mold hadn't been used since 2016 but they brought that back.

6 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Honestly, if this is what ends up happening, this set is a hard pass for me. 

I feel that the reason they picked this set as one of the five nominated choices, especially against competition that wasn't as popular, was because they specifically wanted this set to win as it was the easiest to make and reuse minifigs for. If they were going to end up replacing most of the characters because it was too tricky to bring them back, then why would Lego have even made this one of the nominated choices? It would have been easier for them to select another set or only sets that they could easily produce.

People thought Alice couldn't get a minidoll because her hair mold hadn't been used since 2016 but they brought that back.

I agree. I didn't mean all those replacements at the same time, just some options. Last year's celebration train brought new minifigures and brought back old characters like Tink, so everything is possible. Fingers crossed!

6 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

If they were going to end up replacing most of the characters because it was too tricky to bring them back, then why would Lego have even made this one of the nominated choices?

Well, it‘s called „Ideas“ for a reason. What we will get is a set based on the concept of a builable Mickey surrounded by vignettes of classic Didney films. I never expected them to remain the same from the Ideas project :shrug_oh_well:

Didn't the leaked piece count for the Ideas set list it at over 1,000 pieces? Given the competition had a hard limit of 800 or less, it seems to have ballooned. Unsure if that means more figures or if construction required more pcs which means minifigs may have been cut to meet the projected price. Really wish we could get some more information on it.

I’ve seen a couple of posts on the internet ‘complaining’ of the lack of forest critters in the Snow White set .. I had a thought that it would have been an amazing idea to create a Forest Friends add on pack .. perhaps as a gift with purchase on release weekend only .. the pack would have contained 4 or 5 bunnies in various colours, 3 or 4 raccoons ( Baby Rocket style .. not the Friends one ) some birds in browns and tans to represent the quails ( perhaps a larger one too for the mother ) some butterflies, a mouse from the Elephant Girl minifig and 2 of the ‘Bambi’ moulds in a lighter colour to differentiate it from the actual Bambi figure .. but most of all a new tortoise mould .. the tortoise provides a lot of light hearted moments in some of the cottage scenes. 

Not that I think it isn’t going to sell well, but I think a lot of people will wait for promotions like double points etc .. this would have boosted release weekend sales a lot I think 😁

I think Lego probably anticipates that this set will be popular enough that they don’t need to attract people more with a GWP.

Anyone else gathering forest critters etc to add to the set .. I am ha ha .. also received a basket in a better fitting colour to replace the Witch’s basket 😁

30 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

Anyone else gathering forest critters etc to add to the set .. I am ha ha .. also received a basket in a better fitting colour to replace the Witch’s basket 😁

Which animals are you gathering? I wish there were non-Bambi deer, raccoons, chipmunks, and beige-colored rabbits. I pilfered the CMF Red Riding Hood's basket for the Witch in the Villains Icons set.

Also updated Snow White to give her a proper cape and the Prince got a more accurate hairstyle and head. I've been using the BTS minifig heads for all the prince characters including Florian, Henry, and a custom John Smith. Ironically enough it would have probably been cheaper to just buy the BTS set rather than get each minifig individually on BL. I find their faces to be youthful and "princely" looking enough, certainly better choices than what Lego used for Florian and Henry.

@JeanGreyForever a few of the white bunnies, more birds, ordered a couple of the baby Rocket Raccoons .. they might not work but 🤷🏻‍♂️ Good idea on the Prince heads / hairstyles.

I might order a Bambi, just think I’ll look at it and think “Bambi” 😂

10 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I wish there were non-Bambi deer, raccoons, chipmunks, and beige-colored rabbits.

We definitely need all of those in general! I‘m surprised tan/beige bunnies aren‘t a thing yet, given that‘s the main colour of the bunny plushie piece :laugh: Chipmunks are high on my list too, as are raccoons. We‘ve had several versions of Rocket, baby Rocket, plus the CMF costume and the buildable Meeko, yet no minifig-compatible trash panda yet!

Personally, I believe the set works very well even without them though. It‘d just be nice to get these pieces somewhere else in the future!

Am I really the only person who likes the raccoon model? It's not that bad! 

Is anyone planning to buy a horse for the prince?

8 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

@JeanGreyForever a few of the white bunnies, more birds, ordered a couple of the baby Rocket Raccoons .. they might not work but 🤷🏻‍♂️ Good idea on the Prince heads / hairstyles.

I might order a Bambi, just think I’ll look at it and think “Bambi” 😂

Good choices. I got some birds as well, mainly doves to add to the wishing well. I thought about the baby Rocket Raccoons, but I see them and I have the same issue you have with Bambi. 

As a Disney fan, I would recommend ordering Bambi just for himself rather than to include with Snow White. I know I BLed Bambi and Dumbo to add them to my Disney roster.

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

We definitely need all of those in general! I‘m surprised tan/beige bunnies aren‘t a thing yet, given that‘s the main colour of the bunny plushie piece :laugh: Chipmunks are high on my list too, as are raccoons. We‘ve had several versions of Rocket, baby Rocket, plus the CMF costume and the buildable Meeko, yet no minifig-compatible trash panda yet!

Personally, I believe the set works very well even without them though. It‘d just be nice to get these pieces somewhere else in the future!

Yeah, it's surprising about the bunnies as well as how many raccoon versions we've gotten so far but not a standard raccoon. Would have liked to have seen a minifig-compatible Meeko with Pocahontas.

I also agree though that the amount of animals we did get in the set is fine and in fact, more than I expected or hoped for. But I do hope some of those animals mentioned end up being created in future sets. Some seem long overdue.

5 hours ago, Aramar said:

Am I really the only person who likes the raccoon model? It's not that bad! 

Is anyone planning to buy a horse for the prince?

Good reminder about a horse! I'll have to add that to my list.

I have so many white horses from the old Lord of the Rings, Scooby Doo, and Beauxbatons Carriage sets so it will be easy to add. And with how many new animal molds Lego does every odd year or so, I'm holding off on the forest animals for now. Don't want to BL only to see chipmunks, tan bunnies, racoons, and new deer mold come out in a year.

Edited by OttoRiver

On 2/14/2024 at 9:15 PM, Jarreth2 said:

There’s something at the side of the fireplace that i cant figure out what it is .. there are 2 spoons on one side and on the opposite side is something i can’t figure out. ?? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Finally found an image of what's on the right side of the fireplace. It's the stocking that Snow White finds when she first enters the cottage. There were stockings draped over the fireplace as well before she cleans up.

43242_20_RWMLB-1536x1024.jpg

5676d36c-a8f4-468f-987f-61fe672c8ed6_tex

sorry if this has already been answered. Is the Snow White set exclusive to Lego stores? Or will other retailers stock it? Trying to figure out if I wait for a sale or buy day 1..

12 hours ago, AusMinifig said:

sorry if this has already been answered. Is the Snow White set exclusive to Lego stores? Or will other retailers stock it? Trying to figure out if I wait for a sale or buy day 1..

It's only available on Day 1 for VIP members so for the first few days it definitely won't be available at other retailers. Not sure about afterwards.

Also review is up for anyone who wants a closer look at the set. I'm glad Snow White's name on the coffin and Grumpy's name on the pie are printed pieces.

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2024/02/22/lego-disney-43242-snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-cottage-a-beloved-classic-review/#comments

@Ashnflash .. just opened YouTube up and up and your thumbnail appeared on my home page .. never clicked something so fast .. so yeah everyone Ashnflash’s review is up .. being a bit cheeky I know, but you mentioned the 9 incredible minifigs ?? 😁 Also that the roof is yellow .. is it really yellow and just looks orangey in the lighting or ???

Right I’m off to watch the rest .. enjoy anyone else that watches it 👍🏼😁

6 days left 🎉

Edited by Jarreth2

What sets do you think will have minifigures this year? 

Maybe the 43240 Maleficient dragon set - hoping with the survey leaks that they will go with minifigures. 

Hoping at least one Simba set will at least have a new mold for Simba as it will be the 30 year anniversary this year

Madrigal House - especially due to the popularity of the movie and they've already released a minidoll set. 

And of course the two ideas sets! 

I think the rest of the sets will be minidolls. Would love for them to change the Sleeping Beauty mini castle to minifigures but not looking great with Ariel and her palace. Not sure if 43236 photos have been released but looks like sites are advertising it as under the princess banner and will be released in March. 

8 minutes ago, roselemontea said:

Maybe the 43240 Maleficient dragon set - hoping with the survey leaks that they will go with minifigures. 

With the much lower price and piece count, this has to be a different set. Either that or they completely redesigned it in the process! If it's not the survey leak set, I wouldn't expect any minifigs.

10 minutes ago, roselemontea said:

Madrigal House - especially due to the popularity of the movie and they've already released a minidoll set. 

This one has to be the spiritual successor to the large Frozen set from a couple years ago, so it's very likely a minidoll set, sad as that is :cry_sad:

11 minutes ago, roselemontea said:

And of course the two ideas sets! 

Can't wait for those! Definitely the highlights this year, alongside the Snow White cottage :thumbup: