Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

I hope they include him. I wonder if Beauxbatons carriage will reuse the Marvel pegasus 🤔

I’m more curious if they reuse Gabrielle‘s second task faceprint (if she‘s included, that is), and if Karkaroff reuses the faceprint of the photographer from the DA set. I have a feeling there were some planning issues here :laugh_hard:

So, Karkaroff and Bill are very likely the only big names we can scratch off the list this year. Any of the others don’t stand a chance, given the set list :shrug_oh_well: 

I’m not complaining though! We got every single character and variant I was desperately wishing for in 2011. The small gaps we still have are so minor it’s astounding, especially compared to other themes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I feel like we're eventually bound to get another Hogsmeade set similar in structure and pricing to the 2021 set, but with the Hog's Head and Zonko's.  That'd be the best way to "soft reboot" Hogsmeade when the 2021 set retires without actually repeating anything from that set.

Good point. I hope it will be eventually a set next year, although I thought the last adventscalender was a hint to a set for this year.

I think the summer wave sounds pretty good. Finally the long awaited Durmstrang Ship! I'm curious about the Great Hall. Will it may include the house-elfs kitchen or several tasks to the stone? Buckbeak, Buildable Mandrake and Aragogs Forbidden Forest is a possible pass for me. Potions Class sounds fun.

Although Ollivanders & Madam Malkins can bring new parts (to expand/moc the DA D2C), I was actually hoping for a Hogsmeade expansion that would include Hog's Head. Hopefully they wil bring more shops in the future or a DA2.

In this video of the documentary Creating the World of Harry Potter: The Magic Begins from timestamp 49:26 you can see behind the scenes of Diagon Alley and the previously linked quote of the costume designer about the shopkeepers:

Also, I found the shopkeeper of Eeylops Owl Emporium at timestamp 3:21 in the scene below:

I hope if there is going to be another Diagon Alley playset expansion in the future that Scribbulus will be teal instead of darkblue because the shop Wiseacre's was actually darkblue. 

Edited by Bricknificent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

I hope they include him. I wonder if Beauxbatons carriage will reuse the Marvel pegasus 🤔

 

Isn't the marvel pegasus just the Harry Potter one without the bridle printing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Isn't the marvel pegasus just the Harry Potter one without the bridle printing?

Yes basically, but the old HP one is probably out of production so either they will make a new one or reuse the Marvel one, depends on the budget I guess:wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that we’ve thankfully moved away from the ugly green roofs, I’m actually really excited to see more of the Hogwarts sets in the new style 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Now that we’ve thankfully moved away from the ugly green roofs, I’m actually really excited to see more of the Hogwarts sets in the new style 

Do we know why this green roof trend ? I prefer grey roofs and I'm quite hyped by the new castle despite the fact I usually look at the theme from distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps more unpopular opinion: I like both and think they can even look good together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like both the grey and sand green, but my preference is a mix. The roofs in the film tend to look a bit grimy/mossy, so I don't like when they go with one solid color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I haven't updated this for a while, here is the revised list of most prominent missing characters ranked by screentime, book mentions and popularity.

The list of "popular" characters was based on here: https://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/harry-potter-characters

I've included the figures that have been released since I first made this list (in green), it's nice to see the progress!  Unsurprisingly (as there is reference material), characters with the most screentime are the ones we're ticking off the quickest.

Screentime Mins   Book Mentions   Popular
Narcissa Malfoy 6.75   Percy Weasley 486   Narcissa Malfoy
Barty Crouch Sr 5.25   Kreacher 312   Aberforth Dumbledore
Percy Weasley 5   Bill Weasley 302   Bill Weasley
Xenophilius Lovegood 5   Barty Crouch Sr 295   Poppy Pomfrey
Fang 3.5   Ludo Bagman 246   Lee Jordan
Rita Skeeter 3.5   Rita Skeeter 188   Charlie Weasley
Scabior 3.5   Igor Karkaroff 165   Helena Ravenclaw
Aberforth Dumbledore 3.5   Peeves 164   Regulus Black
Igor Karkaroff 3.25   Winky 162   Kreacher
Nigel 3   Poppy Pomfrey 156   Katie Bell
Kreacher 3   Rufus Scrimgeor 153   Ariana Dumbledore
Mundungus Fletcher 3   Mundungus Fletcher 147   Andromeda Tonks
Bogrod 3   Angelina Johnson 135   Angelina Johnson
Katie Bell 2.75   Xenophilius Lovegood 124   Winky
Marge Dursely 2.75   Katie Bell 116   Ted Tonks
Rufus Scrimgeor 2.5   Charlie Weasley 110   Albus Potter
Cormac McLaggen 2.5   Lee Jordan 109   Alice Longbottom
Blaise Zabini 2.5   Fang 105   Firenze
Poppy Pomfrey 2.25   Ernie Macmillan 92   Arabella Figg
Helena Ravenclaw 2.25   Narcissa Malfoy 89   Rose Weasley
            Scorpius Malfoy
            Peeves
            Xenophilius Lovegood
            James S Potter
            Gellert Grindelwald
            Frank Longbottom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Yope said:

As I haven't updated this for a while, here is the revised list of most prominent missing characters ranked by screentime, book mentions and popularity.

The list of "popular" characters was based on here: https://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/harry-potter-characters

I've included the figures that have been released since I first made this list (in green), it's nice to see the progress!  Unsurprisingly (as there is reference material), characters with the most screentime are the ones we're ticking off the quickest.

Screentime Mins   Book Mentions   Popular
Narcissa Malfoy 6.75   Percy Weasley 486   Narcissa Malfoy
Barty Crouch Sr 5.25   Kreacher 312   Aberforth Dumbledore
Percy Weasley 5   Bill Weasley 302   Bill Weasley
Xenophilius Lovegood 5   Barty Crouch Sr 295   Poppy Pomfrey
Fang 3.5   Ludo Bagman 246   Lee Jordan
Rita Skeeter 3.5   Rita Skeeter 188   Charlie Weasley
Scabior 3.5   Igor Karkaroff 165   Helena Ravenclaw
Aberforth Dumbledore 3.5   Peeves 164   Regulus Black
Igor Karkaroff 3.25   Winky 162   Kreacher
Nigel 3   Poppy Pomfrey 156   Katie Bell
Kreacher 3   Rufus Scrimgeor 153   Ariana Dumbledore
Mundungus Fletcher 3   Mundungus Fletcher 147   Andromeda Tonks
Bogrod 3   Angelina Johnson 135   Angelina Johnson
Katie Bell 2.75   Xenophilius Lovegood 124   Winky
Marge Dursely 2.75   Katie Bell 116   Ted Tonks
Rufus Scrimgeor 2.5   Charlie Weasley 110   Albus Potter
Cormac McLaggen 2.5   Lee Jordan 109   Alice Longbottom
Blaise Zabini 2.5   Fang 105   Firenze
Poppy Pomfrey 2.25   Ernie Macmillan 92   Arabella Figg
Helena Ravenclaw 2.25   Narcissa Malfoy 89   Rose Weasley
            Scorpius Malfoy
            Peeves
            Xenophilius Lovegood
            James S Potter
            Gellert Grindelwald
            Frank Longbottom

Incredible list! Thanks for putting it together. Should James S Potter be updated to green? I believe he’s in the Hogwarts Express Collector’s Edition 76405. 

IMG_6118.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pop Star c o said:

Unpopular opinion here but I hate the grey roofs. In my opinion, the best ones were the sand green roofs.

It’s not even an opinion thing, Hogwarts doesn’t have green roofs, inaccurate is inaccurate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TandNbricks said:

At least 2 of those characters on the list will be coming this summer!

At least 2 this summer?  Interesting.  Karkaroff seems like a no-brainer for the Durmstrang Ship.  My best guess for the second would be Barty Crouch Sr. in the same set, unless one of the Hogwarts sets turns out to include Katie, Cormac, or Ernie.  Maybe even Peeves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i could see fang possibly showing up in the aragog set

the durmstrang ship is excited, but very lame of them to include it in a set with something alot of us have already gotten.

 

the great hall is also interesting. I stopped getting the new system after the medical wing, but depending on how this looks, i might have to get it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

My best guess for the second

I imagine a lot of people assume the second being Bill Weasley, supposing he will appear in the survey-leak-Burrow set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

I imagine a lot of people assume the second being Bill Weasley, supposing he will appear in the survey-leak-Burrow set. 

If that set manages to get released during the summer, Bill would be a pretty good prediction.  I wasn't sure if it was assumed to be a Fall 2024 release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Surge said:

the durmstrang ship is excited, but very lame of them to include it in a set with something alot of us have already gotten.

Sure, but the carriage was first released 5 years ago, so it makes sense to have a new one to accompany the ship. Many kids would likely be disappointed to only have the ship, so including both in the same set is actually a clever idea I think! :sweet: Better than wasting a set slot for a separate carriage, no?

1 hour ago, TandNbricks said:

At least 2 of those characters on the list will be coming this summer!

Lemme guess, Karkaroff and Bill? :tongue:

...hmm, unless the Burrow counts as an autumn set, in which case there must be someone else! My money's on Barty Crouch Sr.!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, maybe any potential version of Madam Maxine included with the new Carriage could use long arms now that those have been reintroduced.  That would be an easy way to improve from the 2019 minifigures.

Edited by spiderfan2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I wasn't sure if it was assumed to be a Fall 2024 release.

I don't remember any allusion... but I think the 1st of september would be a likely day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go on then, what’s going to make the Great Hall 1732 pieces? 

I think the future reception of the new Hogwarts configuration will rely on this set being well received. It sounds like it’s the central hub, the connective tissue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Go on then, what’s going to make the Great Hall 1732 pieces? 

I’m going to hazard a guess from looking at the fuzzy spread of the castle in the March set booklets the the ‘Great Hall’ also encompasses the front courtyard and that massive grand staircase tower at the very least. Throw all that up on a rocky base and you’ve got a pretty massive set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does 1732 pieces feel a bit small for a $220 set? Maybe I'm overthinking it, but for the "biggest most detailed Hogwarts ever" is that a lot of pieces for the Great Hall, rock base, and the grand staircase?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would expect that set to have quite some bigger plates - of course there will always be a lot small pieces but compared to the owlery and the boat house for instance, I would say there are just more places were you can use bigger parts. Aside from that, let´s just hope for many great minifigures and maybe a new mould for the Basilisk if it is included? They would likely reuse the head, but the body of the old chamber of secrets set doesn´t look that great to me honestly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really curious how the great hall will turn out, the booklet image looked already very promising. But I'm even more curios to see what actually comes with it. Judging by the picture I would assume the hall and the cortyard on a rock formation. I'm not sure if teh stair case tower will be included as well as I believe it will also require quite a lot of pieces (I'm pretty sure it will include some kind of stair cases and maybe even Dumbledore's office in the top?

That leaves me then also with the question what would be beneath the great hall behind the rock formation. As we still have the chamber of secrets on shelves I hardly believe it will be this one, so my tip would rather be the kitchen, something we have never had before. But would we really want a kitchen that takes the same space as the great hall?

I'm also wondering where the potion class could be added. Will it just be a stand alone set until further additions in winter wave 2025 are added?

 

Minifigure wise I'm also very curios, I would hope for the double amount of minifigs as the 2018 Great Hall given it costs more than double.

When looking at the 2022 and 2023 play sets I see that besides the golden trio, almost every other minifigure appears only in one set (e.g. Hagrid only in the Hogwarts Express, Dumbledore only in his Office set). Therefore I would not expect to see Hagrid, McGonagall, Dean, Cho, Draco or Filch again in any of the summer wave sets as they are already included in the March wave.

 

Edited by Axxe90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now