Clone OPatra

Jurassic Properties 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Rune Haako said:

Really, with all the other licenses and themes getting set names already?

Yeah, i say april as an official reveal, i hope anyways lol. Leaks are always random, i'd love to have more information about these sets right now of course, but its just a waiting game, we'll know soon enough! :)

I've just watched the Lego Jurassic Park Unofficial Retelling, it was alright, I enjoyed the animation and definitely the effort put towards making this, but it's clearly meant for younger audiences as I believe we all knew to begin with lol. Regardless, I quite enjoyed seeing all the figures and locations that they have teased us with in this short, such as a variant for Nedry, Donald Gennaro, Gerry Harding and Steven Spielberg. Hopefully they can all make an appearance in a set for the future of this theme. However, they also referenced The Lost World, I really hope that is Legos way of acknowledging our (The Lego JP/W fanbase) wishes of more original trilogy sets. Or even just more sets based off of scenes from any of the films. But anyways, it was good to watch and I hope Lego continues these short films/series, I enjoy seeing their hard work creating these projects so good on them!

Also I've ran into these random Lego JP/W books which contain figures a bit harder to find for anyone interested, this link only has a couple but if you look around the internet you are bound to find the others, notably a figure of 1993 Ian Malcolm and Kenji.
https://www.brickfanatics.com/2024-lego-books-rare-and-new-minifigures

1 hour ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I've just watched the Lego Jurassic Park Unofficial Retelling, it was alright, I enjoyed the animation and definitely the effort put towards making this, but it's clearly meant for younger audiences as I believe we all knew to begin with lol. Regardless, I quite enjoyed seeing all the figures and locations that they have teased us with in this short, such as a variant for Nedry, Donald Gennaro, Gerry Harding and Steven Spielberg. Hopefully they can all make an appearance in a set for the future of this theme. However, they also referenced The Lost World, I really hope that is Legos way of acknowledging our (The Lego JP/W fanbase) wishes of more original trilogy sets. Or even just more sets based off of scenes from any of the films. But anyways, it was good to watch and I hope Lego continues these short films/series, I enjoy seeing their hard work creating these projects so good on them!

Also I've ran into these random Lego JP/W books which contain figures a bit harder to find for anyone interested, this link only has a couple but if you look around the internet you are bound to find the others, notably a figure of 1993 Ian Malcolm and Kenji.
https://www.brickfanatics.com/2024-lego-books-rare-and-new-minifigures

The T-Rex skull instructions acknowledges TLW:JP as well, showing a picture of the T-Rex family from the end of the movie. 

As for books, I wonder if they'll ever give us an encyclopedia with an exclusive figure? Though it would be pretty thin. Lol

Edited by Rune Haako

Here are my predictions (I will include the gap numbers cause as seen by other themes we have gotten): 

76962: triceratops fossil head: a brick built trike skull with a name plsck

76963: 30$ nothosaurus attack camp cretaceous, it would include Sammy Ben jass and the nothosaurus mold wild only movable tail neck and jaw (jaw reuses pyroraptor jaw, the build would be the dinobot the nothi kills

76964 120$ bumpy vs spinosaurus

it would include Darius, kenji, Ben, the pink haired girl (don’t know her name XD) and kenji’s dad also the ankylosaurus mold in bumpy’s color scheme and a brand new Spinosaurus with a brand new mold for the body and head (im doing this cause I know it’s popular I would MUCH prefer a science accurate crocoduck spino over that monsters resurrected thing) 

76965 65$ tlw stegosaurus encounter 

it would include: Sarah, Ian Malcom, their daughter, and the two other guys, the build would be the camper and the two Dino’s would be a brand new stegosaurus re using the lower base of the ankylosaurus and a brand new color scheme for the gallimimus 

lastly 76966 90$ mosasaurus and pterosaur attack

would include: a brand new mosasaurus reusing the spino’s lower jaw, the head and body would be one piece, the flippers would be also mounded into the body and the tail would be attached with an axle like some Ninjago dragons additionally there would also be a pteranodon in a brand new color scheme (I’d prefer tan main color dark tan secondary color and medium azure in some spots in the face) plus a brand new mold for the dimorphodon that’s all one piece the figs would be: Owen, Claire, 2 acu troopers and the baby sitter that took care of grey and Zach 

Edited by Matichado

7 hours ago, Rune Haako said:

The T-Rex skull instructions acknowledges TLW:JP as well, showing a picture of the T-Rex family from the end of the movie. 

As for books, I wonder if they'll ever give us an encyclopedia with an exclusive figure? Though it would be pretty thin. Lol

Ah yes, that too, i thought those first couple pages of the t rex skull booklet were quite cool! So fingers crossed then! 

I remember when i was younger getting one of those but a Star Wars one which had a Luke minifigure i think.

But i would also love a Lego Jurassic Park/World advent calendar or even a CMF series?

12 hours ago, Matichado said:

Here are my predictions (I will include the gap numbers cause as seen by other themes we have gotten): 

I love these because of how wishlist-y they are! But because of that there's no way Lego will give them to us haha.

Mainly the prices for most of these are too low. Given the typical JW pricing, I don't see a world where they charge just $65 for a brand new Stegosaurus plus another dino, a sizeable vehicle, and 5 minifigs. I could see them doing that set though (maybe with a baby Stego instead of the Gallimimus) for $100 or so :)

7 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

But i would also love a Lego Jurassic Park/World advent calendar or even a CMF series?

Oh definately, both would be awesome! :)

10 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

An advent calendar I could see (with lots of micro models of dinos, vehicles, and locations), but a CMF series can safely be ruled out :tongue: The dinos are the big draw of the theme, not the human characters. The only way for a JW series to work would be  to include a baby dino for each character, and that would be pretty expensive since we don‘t enough different baby pieces yet :laugh: 

Also, would a series with nothing but baby dinos as accessories be that appealing to most customers?

46 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Also, would a series with nothing but baby dinos as accessories be that appealing to most customers?

A deluxe CMF with small dinos in general like Dilo and Pyro is something I would be invested in, but of course it would introduce new dinos like Nothosaurus and Dimorphodon

Ah, well I'm not too sure, personally i would want a JP CMF series, even if there werent any baby dinos included whatsoever for more minifigures, but im not sure how many other people out in the world would feel the same, so i'll have to half agree with you there haha, but realistically, they could include small baby dinosaurs, Compsognathus, Microceratus, Moros Intrepidus etc with a minifigure, and also have a spot for just one big baby like a baby Stegosaurus or baby Brachiosaurus etc.

Im not too familiar with the deluxe CMF but im assuming its those boxed ones i've seen around Finlay? If so then thats a great idea and would work pretty well, it would cost quite a bit but it would be amazing!

And a Jurassic Park Advent Calendar is the dream! And Brickbob you describe that beautifully, i wish we could have that! 

1 hour ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Im not too familiar with the deluxe CMF but im assuming its those boxed ones i've seen around Finlay? If so then thats a great idea and would work pretty well, it would cost quite a bit but it would be amazing!

It was just a hypothetical thing since the minifig sized dinos are larger than the new CMF boxes but yeah, just a bigger version of those

2 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

It was just a hypothetical thing since the minifig sized dinos are larger than the new CMF boxes but yeah, just a bigger version of those

Ah, touché lol. Well it could work, unfortunately I believe Brickbob is right that this will never see the light of day, but we can still hold hope!

On 1/17/2024 at 11:44 AM, Matichado said:

76962: triceratops fossil head: a brick built trike skull with a name plsck

76963: 30$ nothosaurus attack camp cretaceous, it would include Sammy Ben jass and the nothosaurus mold wild only movable tail neck and jaw (jaw reuses pyroraptor jaw, the build would be the dinobot the nothi kills

76964 120$ bumpy vs spinosaurus

it would include Darius, kenji, Ben, the pink haired girl (don’t know her name XD) and kenji’s dad also the ankylosaurus mold in bumpy’s color scheme and a brand new Spinosaurus with a brand new mold for the body and head (im doing this cause I know it’s popular I would MUCH prefer a science accurate crocoduck spino over that monsters resurrected thing) 

76965 65$ tlw stegosaurus encounter 

it would include: Sarah, Ian Malcom, their daughter, and the two other guys, the build would be the camper and the two Dino’s would be a brand new stegosaurus re using the lower base of the ankylosaurus and a brand new color scheme for the gallimimus 

lastly 76966 90$ mosasaurus and pterosaur attack

would include: a brand new mosasaurus reusing the spino’s lower jaw, the head and body would be one piece, the flippers would be also mounded into the body and the tail would be attached with an axle like some Ninjago dragons additionally there would also be a pteranodon in a brand new color scheme (I’d prefer tan main color dark tan secondary color and medium azure in some spots in the face) plus a brand new mold for the dimorphodon that’s all one piece the figs would be: Owen, Claire, 2 acu troopers and the baby sitter that took care of grey and Zach 

I think these are some very unrealistic expectations. Also…you understand that they’re not going to make scientifically accurate dinos for Jurassic franchise sets, right? They’re going to make dinos with Jurassic franchise designs

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

At best we will get one JP set, doubtfully anything from TLW or III. Though I'm not sure what other scenes or moments there are left to cover from the first movie that hasn't been done already. A playscale Jurassic Park gate could work or the InGen helicopter and landing pad with the waterfall would be nice.

I also think another fossil skull is quite likely, triceratops wouldn't be a bad choice.

Edited by Autumn

2 hours ago, Autumn said:

At best we will get one JP set, doubtfully anything from TLW or III. Though I'm not sure what other scenes or moments there are left to cover from the first movie that hasn't been done already. A playscale Jurassic Park gate could work or the InGen helicopter and landing pad with the waterfall would be nice.

I also think another fossil skull is quite likely, triceratops wouldn't be a bad choice.

-Alan Grant's dig site with an ingen helicopter

-More fleshed out visitor centre (probably UCS)

-Proper Raptor Pen

-Maintenance shed

-Gennaro's toilet

I also wonder if we do get more fossil sets, if they'll all be a skull and a footprint, or if they'll switch it up occassionally with the species and something its iconic for.

For example a velociraptor skull with its sickle claw, or like a stegosaurus skull with one of its plates.

12 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

-Proper Raptor Pen

-Gennaro's toilet

1) Kinda strange why the one we ended up getting was a juniors one

2) "When you gotta go, you gotta go"

1 hour ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

2) "When you gotta go, you gotta go"

Hahaha, yeah, it just doesnt serve it justice, and probably to include Muldoon as the draw for more collectors. But we would all like to have a new one done properly in a much larger normal set!

Seems like we got no dodgson here either unfortunately :(

Oh also i've just realised something, this new Baby Dinosaur Rescue Centre isnt the only set to have 5 dinosaurs, because of 2019's T rex vs Dino Mech, had the 4 baby raptor squad lol!

14 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

-Alan Grant's dig site with an ingen helicopter

-More fleshed out visitor centre (probably UCS)

-Proper Raptor Pen

I like these ideas!

2 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

It doesn't make sense. Why would 4-5 year olds give a toot about JP's 30th anniversary?

23 minutes ago, Autumn said:

It doesn't make sense. Why would 4-5 year olds give a toot about JP's 30th anniversary?

It's most likely less about it being JP's 30th and more about it being a fun little toy for kids to introduce them to LEGO

I'm really disappointed that Jurassic Park/World isn't getting many sets this year when some of the other licenses/themes are getting alot more.

Edited by Rune Haako

I am quite excited for these sets, hopefully some new information can come soon, but i have a feeling we'll get an Atrociraptor and Allosaurus, just a hunch but we'll see lol!

4 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I am quite excited for these sets, hopefully some new information can come soon, but i have a feeling we'll get an Atrociraptor and Allosaurus, just a hunch but we'll see lol!

Those two are said to appear in Chaos Theory, so I'm gonna have to agree