BrickBob Studpants

Despicable Me 2024 - Rumours & Discussion

Pictures of the final set, the party bus, are also floating around! :thumbup: The mega minion in that one is Pinhead Larry! :laugh_hard:

Interesting that the vilains are nowhere to be seen, but I already expected that based on the set names…

The Banana car is cute but feels like an easy skip. I'm conflicted on the house. On the one hand, it looks great from the front. From the back, it looks very crammed. Wish Gru was moulded akin to Dr Eggman from Sonic, with skinny legs and a wider upper torso, and specialized head mould. That would have been perfect. This Gru variant looks awkward. I'm gonna hold off on this house in case we get a larger, possibly modular version in the future. Gru's home has been a staple in the franchise, so maybe I should hold off should Lego produce a "definitive" version moving forward.

As for the party bus, its cute, its fun, its got a great selection of minions, and it's 40 bucks! It's the only set I am definitely going to buy. Don't mind the price but also wouldn't mind a sale lol.

The back of the Gru's house set feels a lot better than I thought it would, given the simplicity of things at the front, and they've certainly crammed a lot in there. Too much though? It definitely feels like it lacks the depth it deserves. Or perhaps it just needs a little at the sides to close it in very slightly. It seems like it's all bursting out of the facade of the house. Nice individual details though.

Posted (edited)

The sets are pretty neat in my opinion and the number of different minions is impressive, but it still feels weird to see so few of the human characters overall *huh* Granted, it‘s awesome to have the entire family in one set, but it still feels more like Minions 3 rather than Despicable Me 4 :laugh_hard:

Then again, the minions are what drive toy sales, so it‘s not really much of a surprise…

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

There is a Conehead minion that comes in set 75581. He must have just come from France. :wink:

Edited by Murdoch17

Sorry for the double post, but there is a minion named 'Mel' in every set, while 'Tim' is in two sets - both have regular and mega minion forms, so it looks like Mel and Tim get mutated late in the film. ...If the sets are anything near accurate, of course. *glares at Iron Man VS. the Mandarin - Ultimate Showdown*