StudWorks

Most physically-painful building moments?

I'm building the Star Wars Dagobah Training Diorama that I bought for Christmas and I had two "ouch" moments so far. The first was the edge of a black 1x8 tile on the base poking me under the nail and the second was during the placement of the 200-something trans-green pieces for the swamp. I realized "dang, for a building toy suitable for young children Lego pieces can poke the crap out of your fingers!" and decided to make this post.

What are your most physically-painful Lego building moments? I'm gonna take a guess that just like me most of them involve being poked under the nail too. :laugh:

Building a model in brown / dark red, and hearing it crack / shatter as you assemble it is mentally excruciating.  My 'Duel' semi truck MOC was that way... I can never disassemble it, as it will explode if I do..

Edited by Murdoch17

24 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

Building a model in brown / dark red, and hearing it crack / shatter as you assemble it is mentally excruciating.  My 'Duel' semi truck MOC was that way... I can never disassemble it, as it will explode if I do..

I had the exact thing happen when I placed some of the sloped bricks for the hood on my Peterbilt 389 Dump Truck MOC. Thank goodness for BrickLink. :laugh_hard:

I wonder why Lego is not doing something about this.

1000x800.jpg?1695736783.6258805

Edited by StudWorks

@StudWorks They did fix it in 2019 - they even came out with a press release at that time announcing the fix. If you're getting parts in post-2020 sealed sets or parts from PAB, they are safe. With Bricklink, Brickowl, and sealed sets from 2005-ish to 2019 you run the risk of getting defective parts in dark red or reddish brown.

Those cracked bricks would frustrate me too! I've had my share of unpleasant surprises when placing dark red or brown pieces. One that got me good was when a 1x2 brick snapped in half as I pushed it into place on my UCS Falcon—got a nice Lego-inflicted cut on my finger from that one.