The_Fiery_Rooster

[MOC] DreamZzz Santa's Sleigh

Merry Christmas! Back in late November I had an idea for a holiday themed model, and I finished it just in time! It made sense for Santa to be a part of the DreamZzz world, and I wanted to make something more fantastical than many of Lego's own Christmas models. I'm very glad with how this turned out!

Final%201.png

Final%204.png

The model has 959 parts, and 3/4 different builds. There's a small hideout for the villain, a nightmare monster present, Santa's sleigh, and the reindeer. It was very fun to work out the different portions of the model, and I'm very happy how this turned out. As all DreamZzz sets do, this one has an alternate model!

Final%202.png

It was quite a challenge to make sure both models were stable and strong while minimizing the extra parts needed. There's also the base model, which I wanted to make sure captured the basics of the Sleigh without the extra bits.

Final%203.png

There's also an interior to the sleigh with the toys and a large hourglass, and the villain hideout also has a prison cell inside.

Final%205.png

Final%207.png

There's five minifigs included, Mateo, Zoey, Santa Claus, and elf, and Dark Frost. It took me a while to come up with a festive nightmare villain. At first I wanted to do something like the Grinch or Crampus, but the color scheme was too garish to make it work.

Final%206.png

There's also a candy cane staff for Santa which includes the hourglass, as well as the Naughty/nice list, which has been stolen by Dark Frost. I liked the idea of the list being absurdly long, and the 2x3 tile with clips was perfect to make it work. Finally,  I made a 360 video so you can see all the details, including the wreath on the back of the sleigh. (you'll have to click on the link to watch it)

https://bricksafe.com/files/The_Fiery_Rooster/moc/santa-dreamzzz/360 Video.mp4

I very much enjoyed making this, and I hope you enjoyed it too! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Oh, this is a lot of fun! I love the bulging shape of Santa's sack of toys. Santa feels like a natural addition to the dream world.

Rudolph is packing quite a punch with those add-ons. Santa's sleigh is well decked out with options for firepower, present hauling, and speed. Nicely done.