Campanelle

[MOC] Yellow Castle Lookout

Hi all, I wanted to share a MOC I recently submitted to Lego ideas. It’s called the Yellow Castle Lookout. This mock pay homage to the yellow castle that inspired the castle theme. I wanted to focus on making a small set packed with detail, play, and a good piece count for a more affordable set. 

53374460062_d35297e029_o.png

53375561238_5641e74691_o.png

The set opens up to reveal the interior. 

53375380346_65da56c8aa_o.png

Theres a secret escape from the jail cell leading to an abandoned Forestman's hideout. 

53375825435_b4759f3a1b_o.png

53374459817_c668a92860_o.png

If you like this MOC, and want to see it become an official Lego set, feel free to support it on Lego ideas!
https://ideas.lego.com/s/p:9398f72d29c646a0b4689bf1dc5e3af7

I'd love any and all feedback :) Thank you!

Nice! I love the use of dark tan masonry bricks among the other yellow bricks for more worn sections, and the little apple tree is cute too! The jail cell and hidden exit inside the angled turret is also extremely well done and a good use of space.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Nice! I love the use of dark tan masonry bricks among the other yellow bricks for more worn sections, and the little apple tree is cute too! The jail cell and hidden exit inside the angled turret is also extremely well done and a good use of space.

Thank you so much! I really wanted to get the most out of a smaller build. Out of curiosity, do you have a favorite castle set?

What a fantastic and well thought-out set! The classic yellow castle was before my time but i really like your updated yellow castle lookout with the modern parts and techniques.

Is the yellow wall between the stairs and the bookshelf 2 bricks wide?

2 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

Supported. This looks great, and I would buy it. Where are the 989 pieces? It looks so cute and small, but this would be a $99.99 set.

Thank you so much for your support :) A lot of 989 pieces come from the detailing (flowers, leaves, round tiles). I guess the last castle set being $400, $100 is a lot more affordable in my mind 

2 hours ago, sander1992 said:

Great outpost and I like the use of colors in this build.

Thank you so much!!

2 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

What a fantastic and well thought-out set! The classic yellow castle was before my time but i really like your updated yellow castle lookout with the modern parts and techniques.

Is the yellow wall between the stairs and the bookshelf 2 bricks wide?

Thank you, I really appreciate your comment! And yes, the wall between the stairs and bookshelf is two bricks wide. This is because the construction of the stairs requires a vertical building pattern for the wall, but I wanted the interior to feel connected on both sides. It also allowed for more space inside the forestman’s cave 

47 minutes ago, Campanelle said:

And yes, the wall between the stairs and bookshelf is two bricks wide. This is because the construction of the stairs requires a vertical building pattern for the wall, but I wanted the interior to feel connected on both sides.

Nice, that's what i thought :thumbup: Good luck with the project!

Great build! I really like the design of the stairs.

Now that's a stunning model! I like the simplicity of it while still being interesting to look at. Congratulations on this amazing castle and good luck with the ideas project 😊