MaximB

[MOC] North Tower

This tower is amazing! I have attempted to rebuild it based on the photos. I have worked out how the top of the tower works (Wow! This is a masterclass in studs facing every direction!), and I can see how each corner of the base is constructed ... but I cannot work out how to connect the four corners of the base, nor now the windows fit in place. I am very impressed. 

Wow! Amazing work!

Thanks for sharing the technics you used! Much appreciated!

As many have pointed out, this is truly excellent. If there was a way to replicate it without using so many parts/elements, it would be great. As it stand currently, due to part count and the complexity of executing this in stud.io, I think I couldn't use the technique. 

On 1/31/2024 at 6:32 AM, Maetick said:

Listen, in order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings 43 times every second, right?

Apparently I need to get acquainted with this work, since many people quote it ))

On 2/3/2024 at 11:44 AM, princeofgonville said:

This tower is amazing! I have attempted to rebuild it based on the photos. I have worked out how the top of the tower works (Wow! This is a masterclass in studs facing every direction!), and I can see how each corner of the base is constructed ... but I cannot work out how to connect the four corners of the base, nor now the windows fit in place. I am very impressed. 

Thank you! Here's a studio file, but it's more of a sketch.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XRinbmmCxWPybedkst-qRCkOFaKlJnC8/view?usp=sharing

On 2/13/2024 at 7:36 PM, Patgeo said:

Wow! Amazing work!

Thanks for sharing the technics you used! Much appreciated!

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

On 2/17/2024 at 5:58 PM, arselus said:

As many have pointed out, this is truly excellent. If there was a way to replicate it without using so many parts/elements, it would be great. As it stand currently, due to part count and the complexity of executing this in stud.io, I think I couldn't use the technique. 

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it! There is probably a better solution with fewer parts and a more durable design.