Sign in to follow this  
El Garfio

Everybody could be Santa

A certain brand of soda drinks is using this slogan in its last campaign

The slogan should have striked hard on Lego designers because they are using the BAM Santa's face for all the new GWP 

The new Majisto has Santa's face

The xmas carriage driver has Santa's face

The professor of the orient express has Santa's face

Edited by El Garfio

4 hours ago, El Garfio said:

A certain brand of soda drinks is using this slogan in its last campaign

The slogan should have striked hard on Lego designers because they are using the BAM Santa's face for all the new GWP 

The new Majisto has Santa's face

The xmas carriage driver has Santa's face

I don't think this has anything to do with LEGO's use of that face print. It's just that it happens to work really well for elderly bearded men with a warm smile. Face prints used for earlier Santa minifigs like this one from 2017, this one from 2015 or this one from 2013 were likewise shared by a bunch of other white- or grey-haired fellows from other themes.

Plus, LEGO had already used this same face print for the Majisto minifig from the Lion Knight's Castle, so an ad campaign started this year wouldn't really have had any impact on that decision.

And you can be Santa….

I don’t complain that some minifigures sharing same Santa’s face print. 

If you look up a head print on Bricklink, you can see all figures it appears on. 

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=3626cpb2914&in=M

Tadaa. He's a Viking too. 

I recall as a child that my sister and I liked to call the sunglasses head Bob. Of course, there was a percentage of our collection that was called Bob (Or Bobette, if we used a long hair piece). Ah, the games of youth.

A fun if odd pass time. 

Maybe it is a political statement reflecting modern times. Santa spent too much on his LEGO collection and also has been forced to pay the elves minimum wage. Now he has to work more than one day a year to pay off his debts, and so he has needed to take extra jobs as a wizard,  carriage driver, professor,  viking, etc. :-)

Edited by MAB

11 hours ago, MAB said:

Maybe it is a political statement reflecting modern times. Santa spent too much on his LEGO collection and also has been forced to pay the elves minimum wage. Now he has to work more than one day a year to pay off his debts, and so he has needed to take extra jobs as a wizard,  carriage driver, professor,  viking, etc. :-)

Makes sense. Milk and cookies don't pay the bills!

I saw your posts about all the minifigs sharing Santa's face print. That's a funny trend! Makes me see those characters in a new light now. Wonder if any others will get the Santa treatment down the road? What other jobs do you think old Saint Nick could moonlight as to make ends meet? :pir-wench:

On 11/22/2023 at 9:54 AM, Peppermint_M said:

If you look up a head print on Bricklink, you can see all figures it appears on. 

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=3626cpb2914&in=M

Tadaa. He's a Viking too. 

I recall as a child that my sister and I liked to call the sunglasses head Bob. Of course, there was a percentage of our collection that was called Bob (Or Bobette, if we used a long hair piece). Ah, the games of youth.

A fun if odd pass time. 

Thanks for the list

Now I am a bit busy with BF purchases, but as soon as I will have some time I would post a bunch of Santa's face to be minifigs pictures