I present to you my latest creation, it is a model of a wheeled infantry fighting vehicle, of Russian origin, BTR-90.
The BTR-90 was first publicly presented in 1994 and is the successor of the BTR family in terms of concept and internal layout, but it is larger, significantly better armored and armed, and it is the first BTR that can already be called an infantry fighting vehicle and not only about armored transporter, although the BTR designation would suggest so (BTR = BroneTransporteR = armoured transporter). Like its predecessors, it is fully amphibious, among the many improvements I will mention a function that has always fascinated me on the BTR-90, apart from the classic steering by turning the wheels of the front axles, the BTR-90 is capable of skid steering when the wheels on each side of the vehicle rotate at a different speed, even against itself, which allows the vehicle to turn on the spot, it is unique in this respect, and it matches the maneuverability of tracked IFVs, which has always been a disadvantage of wheeled vehicles, especially when fighting in urban areas. Unfortunately, although I am sorry, I was not able to equip my model with this function, maybe next time.
My model is powered by two Buwizz 2.0 which are located above the fourth axle, in front of them, between the third and fourth axle are two Buwizz RC motors which are used to drive the wheels and propellers. The drive of the propellers is detachable and is done through a toothed clutch which is controlled by one PF M motor, the breakwater tilting is controlled by another PF M motor, and these two are connected to one buwizz output and thus work simultaneously. When the breakwater is folded out, the drive of the propellers is switched on and the BTR is in cruise mode. Other functions: side door opening, turret rotation, cannon tilting, are each controlled by one PF M motor. The tilting of the grenade launcher is mechanically linked to the tilting of the cannon. Similar to my T-90A, there is also a driver's hatch, albeit manually, but remotely controlled, the controls are located on both sides of the body between the first and second axles.

LEGO BTR-90LEGO BTR-90LEGO BTR-90LEGO BTR-90LEGO BTR-90LEGO BTR-90LEGO BTR-90LEGO BTR-90LEGO BTR-90LEGO BTR-90

Edited by Tatrovak

I decided to build the BTR-90 again, the main difference compared to the previous version is that this version is two holes wider than the previous one, besides that, I only improved the details, the propeller drive and the landing doors on the sides of the hull are better solved. The turret is now in the Berezhok versions, which comes from the BMP-2M. And I tried to better document the capabilities of my BTR-90 in videos, since I neglected it in the first version.

LEGO BTR-90 IFVLEGO BTR-90 IFVLEGO BTR-90 IFVLEGO BTR-90 IFVLEGO BTR-90 IFVLEGO BTR-90 IFVLEGO BTR-90 IFVLEGO BTR-90 IFVLEGO BTR-90 IFVLEGO BTR-90 IFV

Looks just great!

I think you should go to a static modelling exposition, as you managed to capture most of the details ;))

Thank you very much to you too, I paid attention to those details and I manage to gradually improve in this regard, but I definitely still have a lot to improve. As I was looking at the photos that I added here today, I noticed things that I had missed before and I will go to solve them.

Amazing MOC, technically and aesthetically.

Speaking of the new version being two studs wider, I have a question on the earlier version: How did you manage to build a double wishbone suspension so narrow? Which U/CV joint did you use attached to the differentials, or did you attach the u-joint to the diff without a frame in between?

Thank you both, and Icekusbe, good observation, it is not possible to build a double fishbone axle in that width from original lego parts, I modified a 3L universal joint so that the axle could be narrower.