Yperio_Bricks

[POLL] Barracuda vs Eldorado

Barracuda or Eldorado? Brown or black docks?  

58 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which set is better?

• 21322: Pirates of Barracuda Bay
    • 10320: Eldorado Fortress
  2. 2. Which color do you prefer for Lego docks and jettys?

• Brown
    • Black

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/21/23 at 03:00 PM

On 11/10/2023 at 9:10 PM, jstarscomm said:

should i get eldorado fortress or the imperial trading post?

The Imperial Trading Post is one of my favorite sets in my collection! However, it's not only expensive but rare to get in good used condition, let alone complete. I would say to save money for the Trading Post and keep looking for a good listing! It's a beautiful set especially when you add modern accessories!

6 hours ago, azog said:

The Imperial Trading Post is one of my favorite sets in my collection! However, it's not only expensive but rare to get in good used condition, let alone complete. I would say to save money for the Trading Post and keep looking for a good listing! It's a beautiful set especially when you add modern accessories!

Agreed, the Trading Post is AWESOME!! At this point I don't know if we will see a remake of it either, not since they put the ship that goes to this in Eldorado. 

I voted for the Eldorado as it looks more aesthetically pleasing and is more faithful to the original.

Both are great sets, but looking at the results, I feel like Eldorado doesn't get enough love.

I must say, i expected Barracuda to be ahead of Eldorado. By a smaller margin though. But i am really happy to see so many votes :pir-huzzah2: Next poll will start tomorrow!

4 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

I voted for the Eldorado as it looks more aesthetically pleasing and is more faithful to the original.

While Eldorado is faithful to the original, Barracuda is a original itself! One thing that was always irking me about Eldorado, even as a kid, are the holes in the walls. Especially at the gun emplacement. They made a good job though, disguising the other holes as embrasures in the remake.

10 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Both are great sets, but looking at the results, I feel like Eldorado doesn't get enough love.

For me, it's ALL about that ship in Barracuda Bay. If they hadn't included the ability to remove that ship, without MOCCING, I would probably voted Eldorado as well. As an ACTUAL island vs fort, I think the fort (Eldorado) is cooler. 

How is this even up for discussion, Pirates of Barracuda Bay is my fav Lego set EVER, Eldorado remake has so many faults it's nowhere near POBB...

12 hours ago, zinnn said:

How is this even up for discussion, Pirates of Barracuda Bay is my fav Lego set EVER, Eldorado remake has so many faults it's nowhere near POBB...

I guess the result of the poll speaks for itself :pir-triumph: I wonder what would happen if they would re-release POBB now. Would both sets on the shelves at the same time boost or diminish sales of each other?

5 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I guess the result of the poll speaks for itself :pir-triumph:

I have a feeling lots of those Eldorado votes come from folks who missed out on POBB ;)