Sign in to follow this  
Captain Pirate Man

[VIDEO] GREATEST LEGO PIRATE SHIP OF ALL TIME!!

The GREATEST LEGO PIRATE SHIP of ALL TIME! :pir-stareyes:

Now even greater with cannon upgrades!

Are we allowed to mention the name of the ship in this topic?  Or should people watch to the video first to avoid ruining the surprise?

2 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

The GREATEST LEGO PIRATE SHIP of ALL TIME! :pir-stareyes:

Now even greater with cannon upgrades!

Are we allowed to mention the name of the ship in this topic?  Or should people watch to the video first to avoid ruining the surprise?

Well, IMO it IS the Black Seas Barracuda. It's just "which version" is kinda the question, 3 different official versions have been released over the years. Now SOME may argue for the OG Barracuda, but it's REALLY hard to argue that she is the BEST Lego Pirate Ship ever made. She was GREAT for her time, but the new one is just SO MUCH prettier, better build, more features, bigger, unique design, etc. It REALLY is a two ship comparison with the new BSB and the BIG Imperial Flagship for the top spot. All the rest are gunning for #3 at best. Having said that, I made this video, before I did the poll. I was hoping to use the poll to back up my claim, lol. I was worried, lol. I was afraid the Flagship would take it. The Flagship got out to the early lead as well...   

Have to agree on this one, but all of them are great!

I love what the queen Anne’s revenge had the chance to be, same as the pearl but I understand that they wanted to sell units at a more affordable price point. 
 I’m amazed we never got the Flying Dutchman but I remember leaks suggesting they had designed something for this?

skulls eye schooner is a great ship but suffers from a terrible colour scheme relying on very bland and confusing colour choices.

I think the biggest tragedy for me is the armada flagship, what could have been, but that generation of pirate sets are woeful at best. 

4 hours ago, thewatchman said:

I love what the queen Anne’s revenge had the chance to be, same as the pearl but I understand that they wanted to sell units at a more affordable price point. 
 I’m amazed we never got the Flying Dutchman but I remember leaks suggesting they had designed something for this?

skulls eye schooner is a great ship but suffers from a terrible colour scheme relying on very bland and confusing colour choices.

I think the biggest tragedy for me is the armada flagship, what could have been, but that generation of pirate sets are woeful at best. 

Well said, I agree with all of this.

17 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

Nope. She is a good one, but she isn't the BEST EVER.

Ok I watched it and I agree, that's a very good ship and I like it a lot, but something released after 1995 can't be the best. It's simply not possible.

I've enjoyed reading all the posts, but, sadly, you are all wrong. The best LEGO pirates ship is 6274 Caribbean Clipper. Specifically my 6274 Caribbean Clipper, which has brought a huge amount of joy through the years, and no one will convince me otherwise. :pir-huzzah1:

16 hours ago, Captain_SoyBeard said:

Ok I watched it and I agree, that's a very good ship and I like it a lot, but something released after 1995 can't be the best. It's simply not possible.

Lol, fair enough. I'm a vintage Lego guy as well. But the techniques used on the new BSB are just light years a head of the vintage stuff, if we are honest. 

15 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I've enjoyed reading all the posts, but, sadly, you are all wrong. The best LEGO pirates ship is 6274 Caribbean Clipper. Specifically my 6274 Caribbean Clipper, which has brought a huge amount of joy through the years, and no one will convince me otherwise. :pir-huzzah1:

I understand :pir-huzzah2:

3 hours ago, jstarscomm said:

this one is easy. everyone knows skull eye schooner is the best pirate ship. black sea baraccuda is second.

Almost agree with you on that.

Design wise SES leaves it in the dust.

But colour choice and style wise BSB wins. 

Castle grey, confusing green and red sections leave it looking far too messy, yet almost boring at the same time to look at, which sucks because its construction is brilliant. 

5 hours ago, thewatchman said:

Castle grey, confusing green and red sections leave it looking far too messy, yet almost boring at the same time to look at, which sucks because its construction is brilliant. 

the sail is what everyone will see at first sight, SES will win everyones heart at first sight. Sail is everything, just look at that hideous imperial ship sail, that came with the new eldorado fortress how they mess up the color on that one the old one looked better.

Edited by jstarscomm

13 hours ago, thewatchman said:

I agree, the SES color wise is all over the place. I have a TON of nostalgia for that ship, it was my ship when I was young. But it has some pretty big faults IMO, which color is one of them. The Captains quarters is boring and ugly. The play feature that allows you to move the rudder was fun in theory, but dumb in actuality. The ship also has a lot of wasted space, that could be used far more efficiently IMO. Design wise, the OG BSB wins hands down IMO. With the new BSB beating the OG.

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

5 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

I agree, the SES color wise is all over the place. I have a TON of nostalgia for that ship, it was my ship when I was young. But it has some pretty big faults IMO, which color is one of them. The Captains quarters is boring and ugly. The play feature that allows you to move the rudder was fun in theory, but dumb in actuality. The ship also has a lot of wasted space, that could be used far more efficiently IMO. Design wise, the OG BSB wins hands down IMO. With the new BSB beating the OG.

Pretty much this.

I love the SES, but it feels like it suffered far too much from “this is kids toys add bright colours” syndrome. 
 The play features hurt the overall appeal as said. 
 If we talk about “wow” factor, it would be the imperial flagship, but anyone that owns one / built one can attest to how flimsy and poorly designed it is overall. 
 I HATE moving mine to clean or reconfigure. 
 I think lego got it right first try with BSB and absolutely nailed it with the remake.