ForgedInLego

UCS Venator Mods

I've seen a lot of people waiting to see mods to the UCS Venator, so I'll start this off with my WIP of the main hangar bay

The two sections are held together at the front end by a technic rubber piece and are actuated by two technic liftarms that are geared together. Not sure if I'll make a gear on the outside, but its easy enough to just pick up one of the panels.

Strength is good so far, no observable droop. The very front end needs some work, but I ran out of hinge plates. This takes the second layer of technic bricks off and reinforces it with more technic angled in from the sides

I do need to work on keeping the stripe centered at the front and figure out how to make the jagged inner edge of the hull panels look pretty, but I think the hard part is mostly done

Let me know if you have any suggestions and feel free to post your own Venator mods here as well!

20231006_14225920231006_14230920231006_14231720231006_142334

Although this is suppose to be an exhibition set and not a play-set I bet we all would like to see these type of functionalities in the Venator. Excellent work @ForgedInLego

Will keep a close look at your modifications.

I'm currently working on interior sections for the rear of the ship, as they seemed like the prime locations for a minifigure-scaled interior. I've chosen to depict scenes primarily from the Siege of Mandalore arc from TCW, including a segment of the command bridge, the tactical room with holo-table and Palpatine hologram, the medical bay, a corridor and the detention block with a place for Maul's holding cell from 75310 (when the panel is open due to height constraints). Also wanted to include a turbolift on both sides to give the impression of connectivity. I would still like to do another physical mock-up to make sure they will fit before making BrickLink orders, but I'm fairly sure they will based on my findings so far. The blank panels on the wall, the turbolifts and the arches will all use stickers from the Dark Trooper Attack as well. 

The command bridge section is supposed to go in the right wing of the ship, with the medbay/holding cell in the left. 

V2jDn0g.png

Edited by Willsy

Any additional progress on the hangar bay mod? I would definitely like to add the hangar bay in mine and Willsy's interior sections as well.  

I‘m looking for a mod for the front part since I don‘t like the 4 dark red studs. Tried different things but could not yet come up with a nice looking solution.

On 10/9/2023 at 12:49 AM, TaroPTY said:

Although this is suppose to be an exhibition set and not a play-set I bet we all would like to see these type of functionalities in the Venator. Excellent work @ForgedInLego

Will keep a close look at your modifications.

On 10/9/2023 at 9:43 AM, RichardGoring said:

Looks really good like that. Great progress.

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Willsy said:

I'm currently working on interior sections for the rear of the ship, as they seemed like the prime locations for a minifigure-scaled interior. I've chosen to depict scenes primarily from the Siege of Mandalore arc from TCW, including a segment of the command bridge, the tactical room with holo-table and Palpatine hologram, the medical bay, a corridor and the detention block with a place for Maul's holding cell from 75310 (when the panel is open due to height constraints). Also wanted to include a turbolift on both sides to give the impression of connectivity. I would still like to do another physical mock-up to make sure they will fit before making BrickLink orders, but I'm fairly sure they will based on my findings so far. The blank panels on the wall, the turbolifts and the arches will all use stickers from the Dark Trooper Attack as well.

That looks great! I might try something to make that section a little easier to access, but one thing at a time. 

3 hours ago, DarthUrban said:

Any additional progress on the hangar bay mod? I would definitely like to add the hangar bay in mine and Willsy's interior sections as well.  

Unfortunately not yet, I have the idea on how to do it, but it involves ripping out most of what I did, so I'm not going to have time to do it until this weekend. I did just buy a massive bucket-o-bricks, so fingers crossed I won't need to bricklink anything :)

1 hour ago, tismabrick said:

I‘m looking for a mod for the front part since I don‘t like the 4 dark red studs. Tried different things but could not yet come up with a nice looking solution.

Threw something together pretty quick, let me know what you think!

UCS Venator Nose Mod

17 hours ago, ForgedInLego said:

Took your idea and modified it.

Venator 75367

On 10/16/2023 at 4:17 PM, ForgedInLego said:

Thank you!

That looks great! I might try something to make that section a little easier to access, but one thing at a time. 

Unfortunately not yet, I have the idea on how to do it, but it involves ripping out most of what I did, so I'm not going to have time to do it until this weekend. I did just buy a massive bucket-o-bricks, so fingers crossed I won't need to bricklink anything :)

UCS Venator Nose Mod

Gotcha. Looking forward to seeing your next post, or progress update, with the mod! 

On 10/23/2023 at 12:26 PM, DarthUrban said:

Gotcha. Looking forward to seeing your next post, or progress update, with the mod! 

@ForgedInLego Following up to see if you have made any progress (sorry for nagging though - i am just excited to be able to add hangar bay to the set)  

On 11/5/2023 at 8:47 PM, DarthUrban said:

@ForgedInLego Following up to see if you have made any progress (sorry for nagging though - i am just excited to be able to add hangar bay to the set)  

I do have progress! Sorry its been slow going, I have taken most of it apart and started over several times now, but I think its almost done. There are a few things i would like to improve, like the jagged hull plating and the back hangar wall, but I am pretty happy with how its going. Getting the gap down the middle smaller has been much more of a challenge than I expected, but I think it is acceptable now, and structure hasn't been compromised too much.

Hangar4Hangar3Hangar2Hangar1

4 hours ago, ForgedInLego said:

I do have progress! Sorry its been slow going, I have taken most of it apart and started over several times now, but I think its almost done. There are a few things i would like to improve, like the jagged hull plating and the back hangar wall, but I am pretty happy with how its going. Getting the gap down the middle smaller has been much more of a challenge than I expected, but I think it is acceptable now, and structure hasn't been compromised too much.

Hangar4Hangar3Hangar2Hangar1

WOW! You have done such an amazing job modifying. I am speechless and I would like to applaud you for taking time to make this work. Even though, you are right about the jagged hull plating and back hangar wall. You are very close to finishing up this mod, and I am looking forward to seeing the finished mod. I, along with other Venator owners, who are very interested in getting a hand on the instructions and extra parts (if needed) list. I am willing to pay for the instructions, if it helps. Thank you!

6 hours ago, DarthUrban said:

I am willing to pay for the instructions, if it helps. Thank you!

If someone has already made a .io file of the unmodified set that I can use I won't charge for instructions, but if I have to make it all from scratch I'll have to charge a few bucks. I was thinking about just making a video tutorial, but that would probably end up being very hard to follow with the amount of changes I made. Thanks for your interest!

11 hours ago, ForgedInLego said:

If someone has already made a .io file of the unmodified set that I can use I won't charge for instructions, but if I have to make it all from scratch I'll have to charge a few bucks. I was thinking about just making a video tutorial, but that would probably end up being very hard to follow with the amount of changes I made. Thanks for your interest!

Gotcha. I agree with you that instruction manuals are usually easier to follow. To find a .io file of the unmodified set, I am confident you will be able to find one from someone on Reddit. I can help you out if needed. 

Edited by DarthUrban

12 hours ago, ForgedInLego said:

Done

final hangar5final hangar4final hangar 3final hangar 6

@DarthUrban I attempted to post on r/legostarwars a couple days ago, but it flagged my post for manual review because my acc is new, we'll see what happens

You have done an amazing job. I look forward to building the mod.

Alright, let me post and see if I get a response from someone, while crediting you with the mod of course.  

Edited by DarthUrban

6 minutes ago, DarthUrban said:

You have done an amazing job. I look forward to building the mod.

Alright, let me post and see if I get a response from someone, while crediting you with the mod of course.  

Sounds good to me, your post has my blessing! My flickr page has more pics if you think one looks better

21 hours ago, ForgedInLego said:

Sounds good to me, your post has my blessing! My flickr page has more pics if you think one looks better

Hello there! It has been almost 24 hours since I posted, and no luck at all. I am sorry. You might have to create one yourself. 

On 11/18/2023 at 6:17 AM, DarthUrban said:

Hello there! It has been almost 24 hours since I posted, and no luck at all. I am sorry. You might have to create one yourself. 

@ForgedInLego Hello there. I have been wondering if you have decided what to do with the instruction manuals (video or create it all from the scratch by yourself). Let me know. Thanks!

Hey ForgedInLego! I just saw this post and honestly this looks really good. Just want to give you my support and let you know I'm willing to spend some money to get my hands on the instructions! 

P.S. I made the account just to say this lmao. 

Edited by TTLego

https://bricksafe.com/pages/ForgedInLego/ucs-venator-.io-file

Unmodified .io file finished, feel free to spread it around and do whatever with it

UCS%20Venator%201.png

UCS%20Venator%202.png

Spoiler
On 11/27/2023 at 1:51 PM, DarthUrban said:

@ForgedInLego Hello there. I have been wondering if you have decided what to do with the instruction manuals (video or create it all from the scratch by yourself). Let me know. Thanks!

On 11/28/2023 at 6:51 PM, TTLego said:

Hey ForgedInLego! I just saw this post and honestly this looks really good. Just want to give you my support and let you know I'm willing to spend some money to get my hands on the instructions! 

P.S. I made the account just to say this lmao. 

the-underrated-virtue-of-the-jedi-patien

My goal is to have mod instructions finished before Christmas, but no promises

On 12/2/2023 at 11:11 PM, ForgedInLego said:

https://bricksafe.com/pages/ForgedInLego/ucs-venator-.io-file

Unmodified .io file finished, feel free to spread it around and do whatever with it

UCS%20Venator%201.png

UCS%20Venator%202.png

Hide contents

the-underrated-virtue-of-the-jedi-patien

My goal is to have mod instructions finished before Christmas, but no promises

Ha! Sorry for being impatient. My Venator set box is currently collecting dust because I prefer to build it whenever I have my hands on the instructions. Anyway, the file looks great! I look forward to getting my hands on the instructions.

Posted (edited)

@DarthUrban @BaileyG @MuyMoka

Its finally here! https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-168753/ForgedInLego/ucs-venator-main-hangar-mod/#details

20240101_135440.jpg20240101_135408.jpg

Wasn't happy with the back wall, so I made some changes

The instructions show you how to take apart the already built set and rebuild it with the hangar, Studio was NOT happy with loading 2 highly complex models in different tabs :sceptic:

Edited by ForgedInLego
fixed image links