TheBrickPal

Animal Crossing 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

40 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

EDIT: One last thing I forgot to mention is it's a little bit of a shame that the airport includes Wilbur but not Orville, since there's not too many sets other than the airport that he'd be well-suited to.

Yeah, let’s hope they will make an AC cmf series with Orville in it. I like Orville better than Wilbur. 

I really do think the only way Lego is going to deliver a satisfactory representation of Animal Crossing characters is going to be through a CMF. There's just a lot of characters to go through, and if we only get 1-2 new ones per set, there's no way Lego can produce a huge number of them to cover all of the villagers and NPC's people want. So, hopefully January or May next year!

JB Spielwaren has bigger pics of the two sets:

https://www.jb-spielwaren.de/lego-77052-k-k-spielt-auf-dem-festplatz/a-77052/

https://www.jb-spielwaren.de/lego-77051-flieg-mit-dodo-airlines/a-77051/

Not a ton of pics, but the back of box pics give a better look at the inside of the buildings and how the RV opens up (confirming that the top contains storage for K.K.'s gear and merch). The inside of Resident Services features an ABD (Automatic Bell Dispenser) machine, as well as the lost-and-found bin. The interchangable, customizable flags in both sets are also a neat touch.

I see more completed the Airport than the Plaza.

I can't understand the price difference between them

32 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

JB Spielwaren has bigger pics of the two sets:

Nice find!

Golly, Resident Services looks tiny from the back. It's only 18 studs across, compared to Fauna's house which is 14, and I think it's only a stud or two deeper. There's not even room for the desks! It's also too bad there doesn't seem to be any easter eggs on the bulletin board... A note from Redd, Blathers, Joan, or Lief would have been a cool nod. And, if I get to continue to nitpick, I think having two clips on the flag would be preferable to one. That just feels like it's asking to break as-is.  Overall, this one feels a little underwhelming to me, and probably should have been two separate sets with the RV as a stand-alone. Then again, Rosie and Nook were together, so it's not unheard of. At least it has lots of little "bits" to play with, with the cupcakes, music box, and instruments, but I'm pretty underwhelmed, especially as an $80 set.

That being said, the airport is even more laughable. That interior is not super good looking - especially the plant. I do like the exterior slightly better than Town Hall, though, and the sea plane is fine for what it is. I do feel like it's missing a little heart, though. Maybe a fishing pole, so you can fish off of the pier? Introduce some fish shadows to go in the water? Some wildlife other than just a generic crab? (At least the Kapp'n Marshall set had a much cooler hermit crab) I dunno, but something feels a little off to me.

Overall, I think these two sets are much weaker than the first wave. I feel like the first wave had a lot of heart to most of the sets, with lots of fun little details like fossils, Bells, and DIY cards - just something do do and explore. I feel like these sets are really missing some of that charm. At least the figures are as solid as ever, and hopefully I can get a couple of them on Bricklink without completely ruining my wallet. Overall, though - I feel pretty "meh" compared to Wave 1. 

16 hours ago, Lyichir said:

The inside of Resident Services features an ABD (Automatic Bell Dispenser) machine

You mean the Nook Stop?

On 4/26/2024 at 11:56 PM, JohnTPT17 said:

I also find it interesting that the Dodo Airlines sign is printed in English, especially compared to Nook's Cranny, which didn't have any writing on it's sign.

If Nook's Cranny indeed didn't have text on it due to them not wanting to print it in different languages for non-English speaking countries, perhaps they were okay with just English for the airport because seeing airport signs in different languages is something that kids can potentially relate to, so it probably won't be as weird for people building the set who don't speak English. Perhaps they can have fun using google translate to read the sign, as they may have done in a real airport?

Anybody have any other hypotheses that would make sense?

41 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

If Nook's Cranny indeed didn't have text on it due to them not wanting to print it in different languages for non-English speaking countries, perhaps they were okay with just English for the airport because seeing airport signs in different languages is something that kids can potentially relate to, so it probably won't be as weird for people building the set who don't speak English. Perhaps they can have fun using google translate to read the sign, as they may have done in a real airport?

Anybody have any other hypotheses that would make sense?

no, it’s literally because that IS the logo in all regions.

The Nook’s Cranny logo changes based on which region the game is in - English logo is English, Japanese logo is Japanese, Korean logo is Korean etc… makes sense for the Lego set not to have any text so they don’t need a new print for every country

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/s/R3zgL9PYlm

Dodo airlines on the other hand is in English in every region, it’s English in Japanese, it’s English in Korean, it’s called Dodo Airlines or DAL for short. 

2 hours ago, Bobdapeach said:

no, it’s literally because that IS the logo in all regions.

The Nook’s Cranny logo changes based on which region the game is in - English logo is English, Japanese logo is Japanese, Korean logo is Korean etc… makes sense for the Lego set not to have any text so they don’t need a new print for every country

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/s/R3zgL9PYlm

Dodo airlines on the other hand is in English in every region, it’s English in Japanese, it’s English in Korean, it’s called Dodo Airlines or DAL for short. 

Ah, that's quite interesting. Thanks for the info!