Sign in to follow this  
iluvspacepolice

Agents Lore

14 hours ago, iluvspacepolice said:

Im working on a project using lego agents and i cant find much info, does anyone know much about agents lore or details about the villans?

There apparently is quite little, per Matthew Ashton

"Also, I have been asked a lot recently if there is an overall story arc for the Agents theme… i.e a master plan for Dr. Inferno to take over the world etc. To which the answer is ….no. 

When we tested Agents we found, with this theme in particular, it actually worked best not to do so. We designed the products as a series of mini missions, like “steal the Diamond back”, “retrieve the Treasure Map”, “rescue an Agent”, to act as little story starters for the kids, who can then tie them together to create their own master plans. During testing kids were like, “OMG that’s so cool, the diamond in the little set is like a special power source, the bad guys need to get hold of it, to put it inside the Laser Cannon in the Volcano to make it even more powerful!” etc, etc." 

Edited by MAB
Thread now moved, no need for my pointer to Action and Adventure

To be honest, Agents stands out to me as one of those themes that doesn't necessarily NEED written-out lore, because the character and set designs are so evocative. Each set from the first year is framed as a "mission" with a pretty effectively laid-out play scenario, and the villains have very obvious "gimmicks" that establish their roles and the kind of threat they're meant to represent. For example, Break Jaw is depicted taking control of predatory animals, Gold Tooth is depicted stealing gold (armed with his signature golden gun), and Doctor Inferno is of course your basic mad scientist archetype, making doomsday weapons and giant robots.

I feel like the second year's sets were slightly less clearly defined, without the same mission structure building up to a climax. My "headcanon" for some of the characters includes that Doctor D. Zaster was a failed clone of Doctor Inferno whose body was made of congealed slime, and that Dollar Bill was Doctor Inferno's financier, turned to petty crime himself after Inferno's doomsday plans failed to turn a profit.

On 10/6/2023 at 12:34 PM, Lyichir said:

To be honest, Agents stands out to me as one of those themes that doesn't necessarily NEED written-out lore, because the character and set designs are so evocative. Each set from the first year is framed as a "mission" with a pretty effectively laid-out play scenario, and the villains have very obvious "gimmicks" that establish their roles and the kind of threat they're meant to represent. For example, Break Jaw is depicted taking control of predatory animals, Gold Tooth is depicted stealing gold (armed with his signature golden gun), and Doctor Inferno is of course your basic mad scientist archetype, making doomsday weapons and giant robots.

I feel like the second year's sets were slightly less clearly defined, without the same mission structure building up to a climax. My "headcanon" for some of the characters includes that Doctor D. Zaster was a failed clone of Doctor Inferno whose body was made of congealed slime, and that Dollar Bill was Doctor Inferno's financier, turned to petty crime himself after Inferno's doomsday plans failed to turn a profit.

Can I use this, cuz I love it

13 hours ago, iluvspacepolice said:

Can I use this, cuz I love it

Oh, absolutely. It's not like I was writing any stories with it or anything, they're just my interpretations of the characters.

12 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Oh, absolutely. It's not like I was writing any stories with it or anything, they're just my interpretations of the characters.

I was looking at it and the similarities and parallel's  between the characters are uncanny. As my own take on this theory I think Inferno cloned himself and then when it failed brainwashed the clone too be his scientist, but Dr D.Zaster has no idea he is a clone, the only member of the Inferno Gang that knows is Dollar Bill because he financed the project, but thats just how I see it.    

Edited by iluvspacepolice