Marius2002

[MOC] Naboo N-1 starfighter & Razor Crest (Midi-Scale)

Hi everyone, I made these two models a little while back and forgot to share them here. Midi-scale same as the other models (Millenium-Falcon, Venator, T-6 Shuttle...), but they are not in scale to each other. Really happy with the end results, and no they are not minifig compatible, sadly. If you got the time let me know what you think, and if you see any glaring issues with these. Both models are only digital at the moment. If anyone have the pieces laying around and want to give it a shot tell me in the comments and I will provide the instructions (that goes for all of my models). The Razor Crest is 1174pcs and the N1 is 331pcs. Thank you for your time.

IMG1.png

IMG2.png

IMG4.png

IMG3.png

IMG9.png

IMG1.png

IMG2.png

IMG3.png

IMG1.png

IMG3.png

IMG5.png

IMG9.png

600x450.png600x450.png600x450.png

600x450.png600x450.png600x450.png600x450.png600x450.png600x450.png

Well, that's one of the most incredible Naboo fighter MOCs I've seen. Great use of the relatively new 3x3 cylinder! I was thinking of updating mine to utilize that piece as well. Even though it's midiscale, according to my calculations, a 28cm long Lego N-1 would be exactly minifig scale too. They are really small ships in-universe. I'll bet it would look great next to minifig scale sets like the ucs falcon, at-at, and some of the x-wings!

You're a wizard with those angles on the razor crest too, wow.

On 10/4/2023 at 5:03 AM, BrickRally217 said:

Well, that's one of the most incredible Naboo fighter MOCs I've seen. Great use of the relatively new 3x3 cylinder! I was thinking of updating mine to utilize that piece as well. Even though it's midiscale, according to my calculations, a 28cm long Lego N-1 would be exactly minifig scale too. They are really small ships in-universe. I'll bet it would look great next to minifig scale sets like the ucs falcon, at-at, and some of the x-wings!

You're a wizard with those angles on the razor crest too, wow.

Thank you so much for the kind words. I didn't realise that I had made the N-1 in minifig scale, so yeah Im sure it would look great in like a larger diorama as a background ship. 

On 10/4/2023 at 5:37 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Very nice. How did you get the 2 windscreen curved slopes to attach to the rest of the ship on the N-1?

Thank you so much. The window screen on the N-1 is attached with a 1x1 plate modified (4081a).

On 10/4/2023 at 9:16 AM, TeddytheSpoon said:

I'm becoming a massive fan of this scale of ship! The Razor Crest is my favourite, love the greebles on the top.

Thank you so much. I have also become a huge fan of this scale. I love the ucs lineup as well, but I have never wanted to have one of those just because of the size of them. They just take up too much space, so the idea of midi-scale display models have always intrigued me. Models that look accurate but also small enough to be displayed on a shelf. the more models i make in this scale the more i fall in love with them. I am now making a midi-scale tie fighter lineup. Just finished the tie interceptor, and just started work on the regular tie fighter.

weijfo.png

Uten%20navn-1.png

ewd.png

I almost feel like that Razorcrest is play-scale, in that - given their efforts to lower the overall size of Star Wars play-scale - Lego would try to squish a modern release to something about that big (albeit far less crisp).

Great work, I love that Naboo N-1! I'd love some instructions, if you please :kahuka:

Edited by ridgekitten

Awesome models! The top section of the Razor Crest in particular is very impressive, the amount of detail and the way it still captures the lines of the ship as such a scale is incredible. It captures the chunky, yet smooth desin really well. If I may ask, could you show how you attached the wedged area around the cockpit of the ship? The way it slopes towards the sides and the front is very impressive if you ask me, at least it's not something I've ever managed to do without it looking bad. :laugh: The N1 is also very nice, impressive how slim you've managed to make the wings.

On 10/14/2023 at 3:13 PM, THERIZE said:

Awesome models! The top section of the Razor Crest in particular is very impressive, the amount of detail and the way it still captures the lines of the ship as such a scale is incredible. It captures the chunky, yet smooth desin really well. If I may ask, could you show how you attached the wedged area around the cockpit of the ship? The way it slopes towards the sides and the front is very impressive if you ask me, at least it's not something I've ever managed to do without it looking bad. :laugh: The N1 is also very nice, impressive how slim you've managed to make the wings.

Thank you so much. The panels next to the cockpit are attached with ball joints. I am not too sure how well this works if one would actually build it, since I have not gotten around to build it for myself yet, so it might need some tweaking.

On 10/11/2023 at 8:59 AM, RowiaBuilds said:

Great work, I love that Naboo N-1! I'd love some instructions, if you please :kahuka:

Thank you so much. The instructions are available here https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-157267/Marius2002/n-1-starfighter/#details