Battlegorilla

Could use help finding (an) old, old post(s)

Hey, all. I posted about this in the LEGO Historic Themes forum last night, but thought somebody here might also be able to answer my question.

Basically, I'm looking for a post/thread or several posts/threads pertaining to an online draft that happened for the Mill Village Raid set (the infamous goats set) back in 2011 or 2012. I don't know if Eurobricks periodically deletes (or archives) their older posts, or if my searching skills are simply too sub-par for me to find what I'm looking for. But I'm currently working on an episode of my podcast about the whole LEGO Goat situation, and being able to access that information would really help me out. 

Does anyone have any ideas, or a direction they could point me in? 

Any and all help appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike Snethen

Besides searching for it using the search bar, I think tagging a mod might help you in your quest: @Jim , @Peppermint_M Do you know of any mods / regulators / people in general who might be able to help him? (I was going to tag the History forum mod, but I can't recall who that is.)

Edited by Murdoch17

This one certainly is a really doozy. I would suggest using the filter search, EB doesn't archive things to the point of inaccessibility. The other option is to use Google to search the site. If you have a recollection of any names that would have been involved, you can search a members posts in the full search page. The only posts you would not be able to find would be those in staff sections/exclusive areas. I can try poking through them, but so far I have not pulled much up. (we need a chin scratch emoji)

I have been knocking around a fair few years, but I cannot recall such a parts draft to know where to start!

I wish I remembered some of the names, but sadly, I don't. 

I have found the search filters, so I'm trying my luck there. Searching for the keywords "Mill Raid Draft" from Jan 1 2011 through Dec 31 2012 have turned up 52 pages of posts, so... I suspect I'll be at this awhile. 

I appreciate the help so far, and I second your nomination for a chin scratch emoji LOL!

17 hours ago, battle_gorilla said:

online draft that happened for the Mill Village Raid set

This one?

Best,

Thorsten

P.S.: If not, then google >eurobricks "Mill Village Raid"< with the quotation marks, there are a few more hits pointing to EB

Edited by Toastie

21 hours ago, battle_gorilla said:

I wish I remembered some of the names, but sadly, I don't. 

I have found the search filters, so I'm trying my luck there. Searching for the keywords "Mill Raid Draft" from Jan 1 2011 through Dec 31 2012 have turned up 52 pages of posts, so... I suspect I'll be at this awhile. 

I appreciate the help so far, and I second your nomination for a chin scratch emoji LOL!

I have asked around a few friends who have been around and involved on EB, certainly active at the time. No answers just yet, but my staff access does let me into a few places I have not searched yet. I would say that Community and Buy Sell Trade could be locations to try.

On 9/24/2023 at 8:30 PM, Battlegorilla said:

Yes Toastie, that's the set I'm talking about. I've still had no luck finding anything here pertaining to the parts draft, but I continue looking. 

If it was in a public topic, it's better to use Google to search for the topic. Google search is better than EB search :tongue:

Well, I never did find the thread I was looking for (thanks to all who offered helpful suggestions), but the episode I needed it for dropped this morning. 

(It's "The Battlegorilla LEGO Podcast - The Quest for LEGO's Rare Goat - Collector's Dream or Nightmare?", available in most of the usual places, just in case you wanted to listen to it.)

I was just about to say, no sign of the discussion in any places. 

Glad you could still produce something :thumbup: