Sign in to follow this  
Yperio_Bricks

[ESL - FB] In the lands of the Lotus

Deep in the lands of the Lotus, somwehere  in an small rural town (which shall be not named here), coalition spies and agents are gathering vital informations about the plans of the Lotus forces for the ongoing war. The coalition's offensive came to an halt recently and there were only small skirmishes reported to commence in the jungle here and there. Military analysts are unsure what to make of the latest developments and news from the frontlines. Will the war freeze and go on for years on a low level? Will the Lotus Empire use the chance and bring in more troops? Has the coalition the power and panache to overcome the Lotii? And what is going on at sea? Hopefully the fog of war will soon lift and reveal the grand plan!

Just a small free build here. I wanted to try a east asian style building when i got one of those 1x2 plates with pin hole into my hands that are used for the roofs in this moc.

img_0226sdyihj.jpg

img_0230smkf63.jpg

Spoiler

img_0247s22bcdd.jpg

A very beautiful lotus building! I really like the roof structure. The decorations above the canopy also fit well. I see that Mulan is there too.

18 hours ago, NOD said:

A very beautiful lotus building! I really like the roof structure. The decorations above the canopy also fit well. I see that Mulan is there too.

Thanks a lot! Hehe yes, Mulan is there and two Star Wars guys :pir_laugh2: I checked the Ninjago minfigure parts at PAB online but the vast majority of them is just too wild and colorful for a historic setting. Maybe i will order some and see how it works.

9 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Great facade!  I really like your roofs.

Thank ye :pir-huzzah2:

I missed this one! Great Asian style you have here. I've been wanting to do something similar as well, but I don't have any of those pieces you've used for the roof. They look really effective as an oriental-style tiled roof.

I also like the way you did the window on the first floor. Is everything held together by friction there?

On 9/15/2023 at 10:36 AM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Thanks a lot! Hehe yes, Mulan is there and two Star Wars guys :pir_laugh2: I checked the Ninjago minfigure parts at PAB online but the vast majority of them is just too wild and colorful for a historic setting. Maybe i will order some and see how it works.

Ninjago has some great torsos for general Asian use, but you have to sift through all the wild designs to find the "calmer", more normal ones. The villagers from the Ninjago Movie line have good torsos. Monkie Kid also has cool Chinese designs. I can also recommend the torsos from the minifigures from the Chinese New Year sets; those are really detailed.

These are mostly Ninjago parts:

51905652889_f8d9ea2ae1_c.jpg

51857290610_7005525130_c.jpg

1 hour ago, Khorne said:

I missed this one! Great Asian style you have here. I've been wanting to do something similar as well, but I don't have any of those pieces you've used for the roof. They look really effective as an oriental-style tiled roof.

I also like the way you did the window on the first floor. Is everything held together by friction there?

Ninjago has some great torsos for general Asian use, but you have to sift through all the wild designs to find the "calmer", more normal ones. The villagers from the Ninjago Movie line have good torsos. Monkie Kid also has cool Chinese designs. I can also recommend the torsos from the minifigures from the Chinese New Year sets; those are really detailed.

The window is one piece, but it is not connected to the rest of the house. There is one brick with stud on the side in each row that holds a 1x6 tile. The top of the window and wall are exposed but covered by the roof.

For the roof, 6019987.jpg    and  6262085.jpgare interchangeable because the curvature is the same.

I really like the blue torso, second from left, in your first picture! I am browsing PAB very very often :pir_laugh2: but it is hard to find good torsos. And when it comes to Ninjago, well, i guess i am too picky when it comes to torsos :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Yperio_Bricks

21 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I really like the blue torso, second from left, in your first picture! I am browsing PAB very very often :pir_laugh2: but it is hard to find good torsos. And when it comes to Ninjago, well, i guess i am too picky when it comes to torsos :pir_laugh2:

Thanks for the info!

The blue torso is from one of the Chinese New Year sets. They have good non-fantasy oriental designs.

I get that if you want more realistic torso designs in muted colors, that Ninjago is not the way to then :pir_laugh2:.

1 hour ago, Khorne said:

I get that if you want more realistic torso designs in muted colors, that Ninjago is not the way to then :pir_laugh2:.

Haha yes, for years now i hope the Ninjago Magazin would come with a useful minifig once :pir_laugh2: